Visual Novels Translation Status [09/09/2012]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VN doesn't look very interesting...to me. :/

Amongst the fake ones he probably updated the real one, or so I think, one of the update choices of his is probably the real one =

Oh, nice deduction you've there, Soren. I think the probability that one of his update choice is the real one is about 75% at least.

But I'm not interested in a guessing game so I'll just wait patiently until the secret is reveal. (unless there's a reward for guessing the right vn then I'll play along) :p

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I don't know exactly what's happened to the other people in the Yandere project, but as far as I know one of them is being whipped to death by some kind of horror-manager and the other I haven't heard from in about 2.5 months. So I'm posting this, which involves the other translation projects I'm working on.

Work will likely be slow. I'm translating one part once a week for each of the titles, which translates to about 200-500 lines per week for each title. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate because of college, but don't worry. I'll keep trucking on until they're done. Once we (or I at this point, I don't know) get done editing Yandere I'll have a much better translation rate.

When I update the projects, I'll update the percentages. Expect about .1 percent a week unless I get a whole lot of time.

I've got nothing to do with the tlwiki people, and this is really the only place I'll be posting this stuff. (Meaning /jp/)

As of current writing, here is the rough translation percentage marks on each of the games I’m translating.

Yandere: 100% Translated, 36.2% edited.

Kurukuru Fanatic: 2% translated, 0% edited. 120 kb of 2mb translated.

LoveMail: 6% translated, 0% edited. 92 kb of 1.36 mb translated.

If you wish to email me about something, you may do so @ [email protected]

Oh well, at least it's not stalled.

yea ryu, i know that

what i meant by "whatever -.-" is that i don't give a damn anymore about any title he put at seiha

aroduc can trolling us however he wants by putting whatever title without us knowing for sure what kind of game he is doing right now

he probably on his q&c or editing right now but that's just a guess

oh well, i'll just wait for the patch when it comes out later

news:

mg secret project collaboration with jast brings you a new game

"Do You Like Horny Dakis?"

http://i.imgur.com/0vcsK.jpg

Edited by Ero-ero Majin

Okay remember when I said I gave up guessing? I lied. My wild theory atm his secret project is Ikusa Megami VERITA this bears out with what we can reasonably take to be true so far. It has two extra disks one of which is simply an appendix the other being a gaiden thus would take longer to translate than the first extra disk. Thus the massive time difference between extra disk 1 and 2 being done.

Now the latest update "The Retreat to Move Forward". It is entirely possible Aroduc assumed Ikusa Megami Zero would be finished well before his own project since that is shorter, began before his project and already had work done on it. Since it has not completed perhaps the "retreat" is him going back and helping to complete that earlier game so everyone can play them in chronological order and actually understand the story?

Like I said wild guessing based on precious little, perhaps a bit of blind hope thrown in as well but I think it would be amazing if that were the case.

I can't understand people being so blasé about the guessing game, when you read a mystery or detective story do you not try to think it out yourself or do you just continue reading with the attitude "well it will be revealed eventually anyway why bother guessing." Am I the only one who finds trying to figure this out fun?

I can't understand people being so blasé about the guessing game, when you read a mystery or detective story do you not try to think it out yourself or do you just continue reading with the attitude "well it will be revealed eventually anyway why bother guessing." Am I the only one who finds trying to figure this out fun?

Because, guessing who is the culprit before the hero in the novel does or the answer to the mystery before it was revelead is somewhat interesting and self-satisfactory. (and you're actually reading the damn novel while doing it)

Guessing the vn title that Aroduc is secretly translating are just.....pointless. Well, to each his own then. You can't expect everyone to enjoy what you're doing.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Period Mini Story Disc Released, as well as an updated patch for Period:

2012/09/09 - I've released the translation for the Mini Story Disc, as well as a small update (7.1) for the translation of the main game. It mostly fixes the diary/phone call line breaks/indentation, a few minor typos, and a few things for the Mini Story Disc. I highly recommend you update to 7.1 if you want to install the Mini Story Disc. To install one of the updates, and/or the Mini Story Disc installer, just run the installer and select the directory you installed Period into (the default is the default directory for the full installer, so if you didn't change it, you're good to go). If you haven't installed 7.0 with one of the full installers, you'll have to do that first.

Okay, NOW I'm 100% done with Period ^_^

Okay remember when I said I gave up guessing? I lied. My wild theory atm his secret project is Ikusa Megami VERITA this bears out with what we can reasonably take to be true so far. It has two extra disks one of which is simply an appendix the other being a gaiden thus would take longer to translate than the first extra disk. Thus the massive time difference between extra disk 1 and 2 being done.

This is what I ended up thinking a few weeks back when then00bavenger stated that the project that he is doing has a common route length of 9 chapters. This was also the same vn that then00bavenger most recently voted on before he stated this. Just seems like a good possibility, but that's about it for my guesses.

Beat me by a minute. After forgetting about the patch, looks like he released the partial dracu-riot patch with ~10k lines.