Visual Novels Translation Status [09/23/2012]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind to write a little summary of that podcast?

Sorry, I didn't listen to the whole thing yet. It's basically Moogy being Moogy..... thinking about how he's an awesome translator and how Ixrec sucks, etc. Talking about a few projects like Schatten, which he is working as the primary translator with Jast. Apparently, they had a chance to do Dies Irae but after contacting the company, they weren't interested in licensing it. So they chose Schatten to translate instead... after acquiring Schatten the company disappeared or something, so they don't have to go through all the redtape with the company anymore... with Jast being Jast, i'm sure the release date will be the same anyways. Translation should finish around December-January. He was also talking about Dra+Koi and saying how he will pretty much never go back and finish it.. so it's pretty much just up to Ixrec to translate it. Oh yeah, he also mentioned Subahibi and how he is supposed to have part in translating, but he'll probably end up being too busy with Schatten so he probably won't pitch out and help with that.

hi guys, i have a question, the ef - a fairy tale of the two and ef – the first tale is two diffrent games or the ef - a fairy tale of the two contains the ef – the first tale ?

Ef fairy tale of the two is the full game. It contains pretty much everything.. although it has a few meme like sentences(nothing major, just a few times) and censorship regarding h-scenes. Ef the first tale is the Mangagamer release that contains the first 3 chapters. It's a more official translation and reduced censorship of h-scenes, but it's only half of the story.

thinking about how he's an awesome translator and how Ixrec sucks

He was also talking about Dra+Koi and saying how he will pretty much never go back and finish it.. so it's pretty much just up to Ixrec to translate it.

Yep, that's moogy for you. Anyway, thx for your summary.

Yep, that's moogy for you. Anyway, thx for your summary.

Yeah, that was only like the first 20 minutes. If I have time to listen to the rest, I'll come back and post the rest if someone else doesn't do it first.

Wait, how long is this podcast anyway?

It's 87mins, I finished listening to it now. It's nothing really special, Moogy ripping on some people, like how Doki sucks and they don't know Japanese. Other then that, about some random VNs, anime series, the VN Moogy is currently translating for JAST and taking questions from the people listening on the stream.

Also, how Aroduc's project is Majikoi and it will be released in a few days. (trololol)

Check it out if you have time, if you want to hear Moogy and Tinfoil's thoughts on stuff related to VNs.

Tinfoil needs to get ixrec on the podcast, that would be fun :>

Edited by killerinsidee
It's 87mins, I finished listening to it now. It's nothing really special, Moogy ripping on some people, like how Doki sucks and they don't know Japanese. Other then that, about some random VNs, anime series, the VN Moogy is currently translating for JAST and taking questions from the people listening on the stream.

Also, how Aroduc's project is Majikoi and it will be released in a few days. (trololol)

Check it out if you have time, if you want to hear Moogy and Tinfoil's thoughts on stuff related to VNs.

Some Futsuu Baldr Sky shots in there as well :p

ROLF! killer, thanks for saving me from wasting 87 mins of my life listening to this crap.

In short, it isn't worth it.

It was so-so, I really wanted to know what's happening with the Baldr Sky and LB EX/ME translations or something like that. I didn't hear anything new other then some "inside info" about what stuff JAST wanted to license (and failed to get) and what Moogy is currently doing for them. They did mention that Takajun (from Yandere) was working 2 jobs for a while and he didn't have time to translate anything, but supposedly he quit 1 job so he may come back to translating soonish.

Edited by killerinsidee
Apparently, they had a chance to do Dies Irae but after contacting the company, they weren't interested in licensing it. So they chose Schatten to translate instead...

I heard from someone that Dies Irae is good. And I'm not interested in Schatten. But oh well...

This. I will listen to this.

any estimation of when dracu riot will be fully translated? the wait is killing me!! I like eroge that has animation like yuzusoft. Basically very anime looking girls i dont know the correct word for this. And speaking of yuzusoft is the game Noble Works by yuzusoft going to be translated?

Type of art that i like:

images.jpg

Basically really REALLY great art

Its my preferance so don't think i'm weird

any estimation of when dracu riot will be fully translated? the wait is killing me!! I like eroge that has animation like yuzusoft. Basically very anime looking girls i dont know the correct word for this. And speaking of yuzusoft is the game Noble Works by yuzusoft going to be translated?

Type of art that i like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6519[/ATTACH]

Basically really REALLY great art

Its my preferance so don't think i'm weird

Probably middle of next year... hard to say. Right now progress is going very slow because the translator has a job and he's in college. Also, Sumika is there in so check it out. Noble works is not currently being translated but Tenshin Ranman - Lucky or Unlucky!? by Yuzusoft is.

Edited by desi

Fortune Arteliar small update:

Shiro route 90% complete.

I'm not dead, just extremely slow in replying mails.

Again, if you detect an error no matter how small it is, please contact me.

--Frank

It's look like this one will be later than Dracu:(

Dracu-riot has the superdeformed CG tag on VNDB, but... since their tags are usually exaggerated, I guess I'll not pay any attention to that.

After seeing vndb's tagging Sumika from muv luv extra being a Tsundere i started to lose faith on their tags , so i can totally understand that.

Fortune Arteliar small update:

It's look like this one will be later than Dracu:(

Indeed @_@

The True Route is supposed to be Erika's route or one that you should start since the begining (so I guess that it has to be unlocked first as in many other Galges)?