favorite visual novel quote

[spoiler=Tsukihime]

"Ah-----"

The torrent breaks through.

Spinning. Spinning. Spinning spinning the world is spinning. Sun and moon. Female and lion. Angel and pollution. Colliding uphill paths. Broken hourglass. Upwards falling sand. Shattered window and a door without a handle. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness.

"S, to---"

I'm getting crushed.

Melting wall. Solvable meaning. Self who can explain. Smoothness of changeable permeability. Transitioning time. Observation life and execution function. A pinky-less hand. Headless eyes. Rolling carpet. Once. Twice. Three times. 777 cages. Burst balloon. Unfulfillable promise. Unprotectable law. Death contract. Poison and honey. Red and afterbirth. Mercury lamp and bug light. Light refracting to countless dimensions. Swimming fish, singing at the ocean bottom. Tools, tools, tools. Towards endlessly reproducing starts without meaning, without will. Better than wishes. Another only me. Unraveling deep sea. Contradictory that appears from microscopic organism. Detailed view of a quark. Rejection of everything. Formless form. An embryo within a hearse. I curse and celebrate their existence.

Haha ahahaha.

"What, is this---"

Cessation is disregard. The bleeding earth. Trade your blood for poison and you will attain immortality. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Your splendor will not last forever. The way to reach Lohan's temple, eat this bread. Spreading defilement. The April that's farther than May, the reversal of limbs, awaken in the shrine of balance beyond the dual serpent and scorpion. The skin of rotten fruit. Burned puppet of celluloid. The cannabis of Legion. Grinding and friction. Sun and Moon. Colliding uphill paths. Female and lions. Broken hourglass. Spiraling clouds. I am unparalleled. Upwards falling sand. Eight years ago. Killed. Killed. Killed. Killed. Killed. Killed. Killed. Killed. You. Killed!

Ha haha ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

[spoiler=Tsukihime]

---The, pain.

Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain----------!!!

Edited by Rin
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[spoiler=Higurashi Minagoroshi-hen]

Please tell me what happened this night.

This is like a box with a cat inside.

I don't even know if the cat is alive or dead inside the box.

The cat in the box is dead.

Frederica Bernkastel

[spoiler=Umineko EP6]...

... Without love, it cannot be seen? ... Hah. That's backwards.

Because of love, you end up seeing things that don't even exist.

... It's nothing more than an illusion, one that no one except you can see, and one that even you can never touch.

Without love, humans would never need to sift through truth and lies.

Because we can see those... we doubt. We suffer. We cry out loud.

Edited by Harlequin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[spoiler=Higurashi Matsuribayashi-hen (arc 8)]

We are surrounding the enemies on this huge game board that is Hinamizawa.

This game, the festival, will start with our siege.

Come on, we're ready!!!

We're ready for June 19th of the 58th year of the Shouwa era!!!

Hey, Rika?

Have this many emotions ever gathered on this day?

Actually, there were always many emotions in this world.

There were always countless numbers of them gathered in this forgotten June 19th.

We just never realized it, because we always looked at this world subjectively.

All those feelings gather and create this shape.

Ah, with this many emotions, what kind of world will we see? What kind of piece will be allowed?

Who will win, Takano or us?

The time to find out is now.

Let's open it. Let's open the door to June 19th of the 58th year of the Shouwa era!!

Edited by Harlequin

[spoiler=higurashi]

tsumihoroboshi -

"Heeheehee, i know. But you should settle down a little bit. I feel like you could blow up a school if you got too serious."

"Ahaha. I think you could beat up someone with a metal bat if you got too serious"

minagoroshi-

Everyone has a right to be happy.

Yet it's so hard to acquire.

Everyone has a righ to be happy.

Yet it's so hard to promise.

I have a right to be happy. Yet it's so hard to compromise.

higurashi-

i whisper to the person on my back

Bestow your violent nature and formidable strength to me

i want your peaceful mind filled with hatred

Considering we don't grow up in a classroom, we all learn by trial and error. That's called life you know? We do good things and bad things in order to grow up. Our goal is to become a wonderful person in the end. Everything is a very important experience, including good things and bad things. The same goes with everybody, including satoko rika chan and me too.

[spoiler=Fate/Stay Night]

It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. It does not matter, let it be believing in people or having people believe in me. What other people called happiness did not bring me any joy.

I envy you people. What I sought, but could not obtain. What I obtained, but could not obtain. Many things slipped out between my fingers, no matter what commandment I used.

I want to know if it is a crime to live as you are, when you are different from others.

[spoiler=Fate/Stay Night]

I already liked this post of yours some days ago, but I just wanna say... that scene, those quotes? It's just as magnificent now as it was 1 year ago (been about a year since FSN for me I think). I'm re-reading the scene right now. It looks and sounds better in the game than it does on those youtube clips, that's for sure. It feels so much like the culmination of everything in FSN. It's fucking brilliant. Even after falling in love with the When They Cry VNs (Higurashi, Umineko) and everything surrounding them, that scene from FSN is still one of my favourites.

Also, perfect music for it, obviously. They really nailed it.

Edited by Harlequin

Anything any Umineko character said. But seriously, some of my favorites were

[spoiler=Umineko Episode 7]

Don't think to hard about it. You'll just get a headache.

[spoiler=Umineko Episode 2]

Maria. If Mama falls down, run. Go to the shore. And swim, and swim, and swim! There's no place on this island that we can survive on!!

And one more from that same scene

[spoiler=Umineko Episode 2]

........Just try laying one finger on Maria in front of me. I'll show you how lukewarm the hell you came from is.

Edited by Yachi
  • 4 weeks later...

grisaia

Ah, such a vast scope of possibilities dwell within us all...It seems michiru-sama isn't the only one capable of broadening my horizons. Truly, every day in this domitory brings new discoveries.

Very simple, Mr. Sakashita... You only know how to kill prey that doesn't fight back... and you picked a fight with someone who knows how to kill human beings...

hm.. a surprisngly apt standard of comparison.

I'm not kind, just full of myself. I do what i want.

The women i know have a habit of coolly declaring they "understand" things about me that i'm not aware myself.

like i said, i'm surrounded by idiots. If i went around hating people for that, i'd run out of my supply of hate real fast.

The habit of overestimating me to the point of veneration is one part of sachi that doesn't seem to be changing.

Edited by pramit
  • 5 weeks later...

xD

All right sakaki, i think we all know there's a greater mystery here. Why are you outside?

What?! excuse me, did you just call me a shut in to my face?

been replaying grisaia a lot(in my standards), i really love this vn

makina's quotes are the best though. Makina and sachi make the best comedy duo(in amane route, that was so fucking hilarious).

• 2 months later...

hm..it seems this thread has been abondoned for a while. But no matter, i have fresh quotes from demonbane

[spoiler=demonbane, Al route]

Show me! In this fleeting creation, this momentary dream of the blind idiot-god....Show me just how far your struggle wil take you! You are the ultimate destroyer,beyond even our control! You are the god-slaying blade! You are gods made by man!

The road i walk is painted crimson. There is only blood and flesh and bone and fire and steel. There is only an eternity of emptiness. The corpses---- The corpses of warriors rise to block my path. Their lifeless eyes cry out to me. Do they hate me? Do they curse me? No. A corpse holds out its hand. In its blood-stained fist, it clenches an unblemished sword. In the midst of all this carnage, grief, its blade alone remains free of any stain or doubt. Their lifeless eyes entreat me. They cry out to me with voieless voices. Yet they will not be silenced. They cannot be silenced. With all their power--With all their being-- They implore me. Take up your sword. To stop the tears. To stop the blood.

but beware, you who go to the hunt

know that your prey too, are hunters with sharp blades

but beware, you who go to the hunt

know that a shadow approaches, hungering for darkness

for a demon is here.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Yumina the Ethereal]

To me, the sadness of losing you is greater than the joy of saving all the people in the world...

Edited by Rin
Corrected the misspelled name.
  • 2 weeks later...

Saya No Uta~

Just as pure oxygen is harmful to the body. The naked truth has the power to destroy men's minds.

Oxygen only becomes breathable when combined with 5 times as much nitrogen. Truth is the same. Only by diluting it with lies and taking it in small doses can humans maintain a healthy soul.

About MGQ 2, does someone happen to have the the quote/screenshot of the moment in which

[Luka realizes that his faith and beliefs don't match up anymore? I just have a couple of saves and I'm afraid that while it was toward the end both are past that point.

Imo that was the best moment of the best part of the entire trilogy.

I played MGQ fairly recently and my opinions about it are kinda conflictual... I might eventually write a post about it, since it could probably be useful for me too.

And this one probably has already been posted but whatever

Kana, 5th ending

["Today, I saw the ocean. I'm not afraid anymore."

About MGQ 2, does someone happen to have the the quote/screenshot of the moment in which

Do you mean this one from MGQ2?

Moment Of Realization.png

Or this one?

Moment Of Truth.png

Either way I thought that whole last bit was really moving. It was the scene where I realized that I actually cared about the characters and what happened to them despite the games premise. Never saw that coming.

Do you mean this one from MGQ2?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11409[/ATTACH]

Or this one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11410[/ATTACH]

Either way I thought that whole last bit was really moving. It was the scene where I realized that I actually cared about the characters and what happened to them despite the games premise. Never saw that coming.

Yes, it was the second one, thanks a lot! (maybe that and the lines after that, but that was the moment I was talking about).

Also, while playing it I thought the same thing.

edit: thanks to that screenshot I found out that one save was actually shortly before it

[(since there's Ilias with that background; I was under the impression that it was something that happened just before the h-scene with Alice in human form, after Lazarus' scene)

, that's the full quote

["Even Alice's mother couldn't escape from that belief.

Tragedy after tragedy, kept going by the belief that we simply must fight...

I understand. In that case...

I've been doubting it all this time.

My faith and my ideals don't match up.

I kept trying to twist my faith... to push it down inside me.

All the while, I overlooked the contradictions surrounding me...

But...

Ilias... you...

You're the main obstacle blocking peace!"

Edited by Uzuki Sepia
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler= ef a fairy tale of two]Maybe not my favorite quote, but i can relate to it better as i happen to be a violinist

The thing that got me interested in music... Its probably when i encountered Johann Maelzel's daughter. She was standing alone in an inconspicuous spot in the music room. But in just a moment, I was fascinated. She was appropriately slender, her character was simply diligent--however she was functionally impartial to everyone. My first love. I was taught many things.. Order, justice, and sometimes the strictness of the world. Before long I also learned that she was born in 1815. She's still a teacher to me, even now. Her name is 'metronome'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's not really my favorite, just happened to read it recently

[spoiler=Ever17]If the moon is only there because of you believe that it will be there when you look for it, then it was possible that the reason I am here, and they are here together, only because we believe that we will be here together. The world is here now, I am here looking at the world, I am here looking at myself, how far do I go? I don't know the answer... But there are something I'm sure of..

"I am seeing now"

"I am being seen now"

"You are seeing now"

"And you are..."

"Surely being seen by someone" (Blick Winkel)

Edited by nicetomeet