Visual Novels Translation Status [11/04/2012]

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, guys it's not that bad!

I guess I should start with my background: I started watching anime 5 years ago, reading VNs ~3 years ago and fansubbing anime ~1,5 years ago (though not jap->eng translation but eng->rus translation). Thanks to all this I can understand most of simple expressions in Japanese language by ear (I've even translated &user=116323"]some trailers from jap before (and several S;G ones that I've translated to my native language) (and yes, I know that GC sucks - though Lost Xmas is a great VN - but I was hyped with it before it aired actually)). Also I'm learning hiragana and katakana occasionally by translating some small stuff... :o

Several month ago I've heard about the Annot player from one of Russian VN translator's blog - he wanted to use it for his own translations, but just to save time wasted on hacking, not using machine translators - and became interested with this program, so I've tried some of my untranslated VN lying on my PC, and learned which of machine translators are more or less usable (@nifty honyaku & Microsoft translator). Now I'm reading H2O thanks to these ones and to Romaji Translator that converts all of jap text to romaji, and also started to read Vampirdzhija Vjedogonia. The text in H2O is quite simple so when the heroines are speaking I can just use my ears and romaji text to understand the meaning - well, listening their words helps a lot. Vampirdzhija Vjedogonia is a lil' more tough (just because it's not voiced) but I've only started it and then decided to go with H2O first. So I'd like to thank the creator(-s) of this beautiful program for giving me the ability to read some VNs without other's translations.

すりすり、すりすりぃ~

Though I'd like to add that I still prefer reading VNs in English (SubaHibi and Rewrite, I'm waiting for ya!) but I'll use Annot player as a crutches for these VNs won't be translated in the future (or even never be translated).

Clipboard04.jpg

Edited by Chipp12
and learned which of machine translators are more or less usable (@nifty honyaku & Microsoft translator)

And those games are readable after you use these programs?? Machine translators used to make unreadable texts which are killing the mood;p It's must be a huge pain in the ass to change Japanese to romaji and translate it afterwards. As far as I know Japanese I have a feeling that many of words will be written incorrectly. I prefer to wait for a proper translations and improve my own Japanese to read those vn's which will stay Jap forever.

Btw. I'm seriously thinking about translating F/SN into Polish. It would be great if our Polish vn scene was as good as Russian.

Uhh... our Russian VN scene isn't very good too ^^;

And as I've already said I know some of Japanese so I just use the translator for some hard words or phrases, so it doesn't bother me too much - for example I can understand the whole sentence from screenshot just from reading romaji)

Well I'm not talking about VNs such as SubaHibi or Cross Channel - it's impossible to understand them with just a partial knowledge of Japanese and translators (though at least a half of Down the Rabbit Hole I was just a typical slice-of-life stuff).

Edited by Chipp12
Uhh... our Russian VN scene isn't very good too ^^;

Way better than ours. We didn't translate anything xD Something moved this year and G-Senjou was picked by really trustworthy team. At this point they translated 2 chapters so I can have some hope. If not for my studies I would like to translate something as good as F/SN to make some movement.

And as I've already said I know some of Japanese so I just use the translator for some hard words or phrases, so it doesn't bother me too much - for example I can understand the whole sentence from screenshot just from reading romaji)

Well I'm not talking about VNs such as SubaHibi or Cross Channel - it's impossible to understand them with just a partial knowledge of Japanese and translators (though at least a half of Down the Rabbit Hole I was just a typical slice-of-life stuff).

Without program there is no romaji in vns. Romaji is not a proper Japanese, it's just a plaything to make western lazy people life easier;p I prefer normal Japanese. With kanjis it's a lot of easier to read anything. And with fine motivation kanji is not so hard:cool:

I highly doubt this.

You raped my optimism;/

Hi there. Ryu suggested in one of his posts that I should register here. Also, hecrapan wished for it. So, here am I.

So, to clear the stuff about Haruka na Sora:

I highly doubt this.

I think that it's quite probable that we'll start it. trjr wanted to do Haruka na Sora, so if he really comes back, the project will probably start. If not, then it will depend on our translators. I can take care of technical stuff, translation check and manage the project, though I'm probably not going to translate a whole route. But at least I'll try to get a team for it.

Anyway, in each case I want to focus only on Yosuga no Sora first. It's meaningless to make plans for the Fun Disk, while we still haven't finished the main game.

The main problem for now is speed. Kudryavka isn't going to work at other routes, so I doubt there'll be such rapid progress from now on. I'll somehow need to bring up the pace, or the project won't be even fully translated before end of 2013.

Any (non-machine) translators willing to help and translate at least ~500 lines a month?

Edited by Xilexio
Hi there. Ryu suggested in one of his posts that I should register here. Also, hecrapan wished for it. So, here am I.

So, to clear the stuff about Haruka na Sora:

I think that it's quite probable that we'll start it. trjr wanted to do Haruka na Sora, so if he really comes back, the project will probably start. If not, then it will depend on our translators. I can take care of technical stuff, translation check and manage the project, though I'm probably not going to translate a whole route. But at least I'll try to get a team for it.

Anyway, in each case I want to focus only on Yosuga no Sora first. It's meaningless to make plans for the Fun Disk, while we still haven't finished the main game.

Welcome to the forums Xilexio! Great to also see you around here! I hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

Now someone must make Ixrec also create an account here lol

[Fan Boy On]Regarding Yosuga no Sora and Haruka na Sora translation, don't knock yourself out with it. It's greatly appreciated the time and effort you and the whole team are putting into the project :) [Fan Boy Off]

By the way, will you make an announcement when an edited version of Sora's route (since it's already fully translated) is available?

[Fan Boy On]Regarding Yosuga no Sora and Haruka na Sora translation, don't knock yourself out with it. It's greatly appreciated the time and effort you and the whole team are putting into the project :) [Fan Boy Off]

I hear about not "knowking myself out" etc. a lot, but in the end it's effect that matters. After all, everyone's wish is for YnS to be finished as fast as possible, right?

By the way, will you make an announcement when an edited version of Sora's route (since it's already fully translated) is available?

Yes. For now, only part of common route has been proofreaded.

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo - 6 - fully translated and through TLC/edited/QC beta patch out

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo - 8 - fully translated and TLC/editing, 14/18 scripts QC, beta patch out

Progres :D

Saya no Uta - 99% complete, have uncensored CGs

Its Something.

I hear about not "knowking myself out" etc. a lot, but in the end it's effect that matters. After all, everyone's wish is for YnS to be finished as fast as possible, right?

Yes. For now, only part of common route has been proofreaded.

Ahem!

And part of Akira's route.

Majikoi S Updates (Taken From Wairu)

Change of Plan

A change of plan is in order. While it may be fun to read, the majority of the routes in Majikoi S are riddled with H-scenes and getting the product to all of you ends up being somewhat tedious.

As a result, we have decided to focus on translating the routes that have more non-H scenes than the rest (that is, Tsubame first and then Koyuki.) Afterward, we may work on the rest of the routes as a side project or perhaps toss the baton to a more enthusiastic group. We're sorry for our debilitating laziness, but it can't be helped.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! or YESSSSSSSSS!!! :confused:

Edited by Ero-ero Majin

That's good. They're more focused on translating the ones with a strong emphasis on story vs the ones with h-scenes...but I think there would be enough of a demand for those after stories to be translated that they will eventually get to them.. just a guess right now though. If the after stories are riddled with h-scenes and no story, then I don't think it'll be a loss.

Edited by desi

I'm actually really glad about that, but I wish Koyuki came first

Also, if I'm not mistaken ,didn't you have to finish the true route before unlocking Koyuki's route?Cause if so we might miss a serious bit of the story if we play Koyuki's route without reading the true route first.

I'm disappointed because it would still mean untranslated routes regardless if they're mainly H scenes or not, I pray that they can get to finish what they started or have another group pick this up.

Change of Plan

A change of plan is in order. While it may be fun to read, the majority of the routes in Majikoi S are riddled with H-scenes and getting the product to all of you ends up being somewhat tedious.

As a result, we have decided to focus on translating the routes that have more non-H scenes than the rest (that is, Tsubame first and then Koyuki.) Afterward, we may work on the rest of the routes as a side project or perhaps toss the baton to a more enthusiastic group. We're sorry for our debilitating laziness, but it can't be helped.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! or YESSSSSSSSS!!! :confused:

I'm fine with it either way, since the 1st game needs to be translated first, I can wait. I've seen someone suggest that they should just leave h-scenes untranslated, which is a good idea - it's not like you don't understand what's happening. Though the "Afterward, we may work on the rest of the routes as a side project or perhaps toss the baton to a more enthusiastic group" is not great news, it may be left as a partial TL :/

Edited by killerinsidee

(that is, Tsubame first and then Koyuki.)

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ,Tsubame need to comes first .

Afterward, we may work on the rest of the routes as a side project or perhaps toss the baton to a more enthusiastic group

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Change of Plan

Poor Miyako... That is all I can say.