Is it just me or is this site and the sister site getting constant popups suddenly?

as the title says, ever since yesterday this site and Erogedownloads has been making popups pop up with everything I click, and I mean everything. also the damn things won't let me close them til they are fully loaded which is a bad thing if they got malware in them. this just started happening yesterday and its annoying as hell. Is this only happpening to me? and yes my pop up blocker is on.

Is it just me or is this site and the sister site getting constant popups suddenly?[/Quote]

yeah this started happening to me about a week ago on erogedownloads site. Hasn't happened here though so I'm not sure why thats happening to you on this site. My operating system is win7 64 if that has any relation to the problem.

It's not another site, or my IP address, All the other places I go to are fine, they aren't having the same problem. and like I said before, non of this started happening on this site with me until 3 days ago, before that I didn't have all the things. and it's not another site cause I only have one tab open and that is this one.

I am also using win 7 64. but I am using IE8.

It's not another site, or my IP address, All the other places I go to are fine, they aren't having the same problem. and like I said before, non of this started happening on this site with me until 3 days ago, before that I didn't have all the things. and it's not another site cause I only have one tab open and that is this one.

I am also using win 7 64. but I am using IE8.

ok..thats weird

since i've been to the site with various web browser

and i actually tried with chrome and ie just now to counter check though i mainly use MFF

but none of that pop ups happens to me

thats why i can say its nothing to do with the site as Ivan already state he wont put up any pop ups ad

ok..thats weird

since i've been to the site with various web browser

and i actually tried with chrome and ie just now to counter check though i mainly use MFF

but none of that pop ups happens to me

thats why i can say its nothing to do with the site as Ivan already state he wont put up any pop ups ad

Ads are served to non-registered "leechers". Everyone who's logged in, doesn't get any ads, hence "lolwut?" replies from regular active members that OP is seeing.

I'll prepare official statement in couple of minutes.

Ads are served to non-registered "leechers". Everyone who's logged in, doesn't get any ads, hence "lolwut?" replies from regular active members that OP is seeing.

I'll prepare official statement in couple of minutes.

oh..

that suggestions from Harl...

no wonder it feels so weird out of sudden..

though..ivan

didnt you said you make a pass on pop ups???

As you might've noticed, past few days, I've been on upload-spree. I want to get every game that was ever released in English posted on site.

Since I'm very far away from home, and i don't have access to my DVDs with burned oldschool stuff on it, I've been visiting other sites, trying to collect odd game here and there. There are quite a few sites sites with this kind of content ( 98% of them just leeches stuff from me and posts as their own, but let's not get into that subject again... ), and I know only two that doesn't feature any ads, one of which is hosted ghetto-style on home pc of site owner and takes 2-3 minutes to load.

What really made me feel like a sucker was henarchive... that site has 19 (sic!) ad-units on every page, yet they still have the nerve to ask for donations "to keep site running". I've checked their alexa rankings and they seem to be even more popular than ED... feels bad when shit like that is higher ranked than site that you spent literally thousands of $s to keep ad-free for best user experience, isn't it?

I belive that currently EG and ED are the best sites available in this niche in terms of quality - fastest releases, no dead links, best seeded torrents, but after seeing shit that gets passed as "quality site", I've decided to stop funding ED/EG sites out of my own pocket - users are going to get 100% of what they've put in. 99% gets ad-block? fine, enjoy site being hosted on some crappy 5$/month shared server that times out 9 out of 10 times when you refresh page.

Yes, i know pop-ups suck, but i've been working with those networks for years - i simply don't know good banner networks that will:

-accept this kind of traffic

-don't pay shit like 0,01$ CPM

-install no malware on user's PCs

I'll be looking into some banners, CPC or stuff that'll replace popups, but it takes time...

On related note - if you're willing to fund server that is able to handle 2952004 pageviews/month - feel free to contact me, and I'll gladly remove all ads. I'll also need seedbox with SSH access, 1TB+ HDD and unlimited 1Gbit uplink. Estimated cost for both is 450-500$.

You can also just check "keep me logged in" and you'll get no ads on EG, without needing to install any add-ons to your browser.

I always feel bad when I read issues from hosts of websites that require ad views to keep going. The nature of how ads are able to disrupt, infect, and just ruin your computer for no good reason makes Adblock a vital thing to me. I don't have the money to support directly, nor do I have the money to get a good virus protection and malware removing software on my computer(or the ability to replace said computer) to deal with the side effects of openly viewing ads.

So I for one, am very thankful for the registered user ad free mode, and if it's any worth, I really do appreciate all the work and money you put in for us Ivan.

I don't have the money to support directly, nor do I have the money to get a good virus protection and malware removing software on my computer(or the ability to replace said computer) to deal with the side effects of openly viewing ads.

A bit off-topic, but Microsoft Security Essentials is one of the best antivirus and malware protection programs and it's free (if you have Windows)