Visual Novels Translation Status [02/24/2013]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Aaeru's terminal illness just a joke? At least it seems like this, or would you really make fun about a topic like this?

I'm not sure if something happened which caused a mocking reaction like that but to answer you question, who knows? It's the internet after all. Take a look around and you'll notice that a shitload of male users pretend to be female, and this is just an example. Most people will believe your words as long as they can't prove that those informations are wrong, which is a little bit difficult if you don't know the person at all. Anyway, you can pretty much expect an answer from Ryu or Ulti.

Edited by OneManArmy

An anonymous post in an image forum isn't really a reliable source, but at least I understand the doubts. If she (?) is female and sick or not can't be confirmed. Let's judge her worth for the community at her Da Capo 3 translation...

An anonymous post in an image forum isn't really a reliable source, but at least I understand the doubts. If she (?) is female and sick or not can't be confirmed. Let's judge her worth for the community at her Da Capo 3 translation...

HE got no worth at all with that machine translation...

but..if you being so kind...

then expect HIM to scrap the current DC3 for the 18 version thats gonna released this march

I never understood the hate against Aaeru. She didn't prevent the Dra+Koi translation patch, didn't censor Hoshimemo, and didn't buy fan-translations just to sit on the licenses forever. Her views on copyright may be a bit strange, but that's no serious problem in a community where Lolicon and Incest are viewed as art^^

And regarding machine translations: Flyable Heart is featured on this very site. Let's chill, ban the h8 and spread the love, comrades...^^

I never understood the hate against Aaeru. She didn't prevent the Dra+Koi translation patch, didn't censor Hoshimemo, and didn't buy fan-translations just to sit on the licenses forever. Her views on copyright may be a bit strange, but that's no serious problem in a community where Lolicon and Incest are viewed as art^^

And regarding machine translations: Flyable Heart is featured on this very site. Let's chill, ban the h8 and spread the love, comrades...^^

While I agree that these "flaming threads" are kinda silly lately, you're not exactly helping by adding "lolicon" and "incest" to the discussion. It's not the best idea to add more fuel to the fire...

Maybe I didn't worded it right, I absolutely love Wincest and have no problems with Loli at all. What I meant is that in a small community with special tastes as ours (many outsiders would call it even downright disgusting) it's kinda silly to bash someone for his views and opinions.

there;s no point removing Flyable since the PROPER translation patch will be out in 2 years or so...

Whilst..there's no point waiting for DRA+KOI since there;s COMYU >.>

plus..the anti-piracy propaganda is annoying >>>

furthermore...HE scraped a translation before by saying HE got TERMINAL DISEASE that he's supposed to have like not more than 3 months left

though..its been a year or 2 already???

and the main reason we were annoyed by Aaeru was that HE dont care bout others >.>

just read what HIS OFFICIAL STATEMENT here

PS:the LOLI and INCEST hater were not around >.>

after all INCEST is THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF LOVE for FAMILY~~~

This thread may have crossed the borders of sanity some posts ago, but for the lulz:

- according to her "I'm sick" message she has to live another 15 years (from 2010 on), wether that's true or not - we will never know

- we don't need VN X because we have VN Y is a pretty silly statement^^

- Her official statement regarding machine translations meant (as far as I understood it): machine translations are ok, if fans are accepting them; that's not a controversial statement at all, isn't it?

- I never dissed Incest, I demand to hear more "Onii-chan" as well

- I guess it's better to stop this topic, haters gonna hate and it's not like she's my girlfriend or anything

->>> insert VN-translation news below^^

Edited by Cross

Sorry to interrupt the current discussion, but I just realized that Daiteikoku translation seems to have died.

Translation's dead kids, enjoy what there is. (Date??)

found in the NEWS - section of this one.

This seems to be dead for some time now. So I was kinda wondering, if you guys already knew...

Sorry to interrupt the current discussion, but I just realized that Daiteikoku translation seems to have died.

found in the NEWS - section of this one.

This seems to be dead for some time now. So I was kinda wondering, if you guys already knew...

No, no, PLEASE interrupt this discussion. Yeah, I think some of us know that it probably won't be finished.

. Let's judge her worth for the community at her Da Capo 3 translation...

The community doesn't need a fucking lunatic who claims that he is going to lead a new order of translators against the "older order", "the elitist", and the "purist" while "revolutionizing" the eroge industry and its community.

Also:

My japanese is not that good. I picked Da Capo III because the language is easy so I won't butcher it.

I can't wait for it.

but that's no serious problem in a community where Lolicon and Incest are viewed as art

What I meant is that in a small community with special tastes as ours (many outsiders would call it even downright disgusting) it's kinda silly to bash someone for his views and opinions.

What do we learn from this? It shows that even in this lol "disgusting pile of shit" lol community like ours, Aaeru is worst. You probably should read his "brilliant" post in Fuwanovel, it's very amusing. Furthermore, what does outsider view had to do with these issues? What does being seen as "disgusting" by the society have to do with this? What does Lolicon and Incest had to do with this? Your point is irrelevant. Plus, in your case, I'm pretty sure you will bash Moogy views and opinions if given the chance, no? Oh you already did bash him.

She didn't prevent the Dra+Koi translation patch,

I'm also pretty sure that you have bashed Moogy in VNDB thread too. So Moogle is fine, psycho Aaeru is a no no. lol

according to her "I'm sick" message she has to live another 15 years (from 2010 on), wether that's true or not - we will never know

All I know is that he completely deleted that message not long after he posted it for some "unknown reasons". :rolleyes:

- Her official statement regarding machine translations meant (as far as I understood it): machine translations are ok, if fans are accepting them; that's not a controversial statement at all, isn't it?

What he also meant is that anyone who doesn't like to see a VN having a bad translation is a "religious worshippers of Japanese authors."

Also, this is not controversial either, right?

I was condemning Ixrec for being an elitist

He. like Moogy. Is a worshipper of Japanese story tellers.

And believes that it is actually a form of sacrilege to translate anything in ways that doesnt fully respect the brilliance of the original, which I am not disagreeing with.

But his desire to see them translated properly is at asshole level.

They are elitist. They are part of the older order of fan translators following on the footsteps of people like Agilis, Asceai, Insani.org (which I can't say very much about because it is before my time) and they despise us. because they associate people like us with people who do SHIT translations.

While they will never admit it, it is all part of the culture of: I wake up today, and I will find new ways to look down on others. I will find ways to show I am intellectually-superior. You are all inferior. (aka 4chan)

One of the reasons why I made Fuwanovel was precisely because I couldn't stand that kind of culture.

Ixrec is completely part of the old order. What he cares for more than anything else, is the Amaterasu brand. I was speaking to Ixrec about Fuwanovel in November last year (actually him and Sheeta were the first 2 people I spoke to about this project), and it quickly dawned on me that Ixrec has nothing to do with us. He's not interested in sharing VNs, that's not his primary focus. Even Clannad_Man said the same thing.

- I guess it's better to stop this topic, haters gonna hate

Moralfag. lol

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
No, no, PLEASE interrupt this discussion.

@Desi I've just posted my last reply for the off-topic discussion and will refrain from talking about it in this thread starting now.

Re-railment in progress.....

In another news, the other Air translation project has been dropped.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf