Visual Novels Translation Status [02/24/2013]

Luminous Arc 3 has been in translation progress since late 2010, early 2011 by Yuukiwa-kun. I still think he's currently editing battle text.

Link to forum and Twitter

OMG yes! I've been waiting to play this since before the jap version was released, I've spent so much time playing LA1&2, I didn't know there was a translation going for 3, this made my day.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so people don't get confused, this Air project is different from the one Sheeta is doing. This one that just got dropped was a machine translation.

in other words...

Aaeru rubbish again >.>

Has many different endings and choices during story cutscenes. It's just an RPG as well

Also

Here's the "1.5" Patch, which im not sure what translates yet, I'll check it out

LA3 English V.1.5.rar

seriously??

the 1st and 2nd were the same..

if you so sure its a VN...

try make a thread at VNDB~

in other words...

Aaeru rubbish again >.>

seriously??

the 1st and 2nd were the same..

if you so sure its a VN...

try make a thread at VNDB~

LA1 only had one ending but had character affiliation stuff. Not quite a visual novel.

LA2 also had the character affiliation stuff, but had two endings that were pretty similar. Basic Visual novel.

LA3 has an ending for almost every character I think. It's pretty close if its not a full-fledged visual novel

LA1 only had one ending but had character affiliation stuff. Not quite a visual novel.

LA2 also had the character affiliation stuff, but had two endings that were pretty similar. Basic Visual novel.

LA3 has an ending for almost every character I think. It's pretty close if its not a full-fledged visual novel

so,,,start a thread at VNDB and see if they agrees...

plus...Valkyria chronicles is a VN imo..

but they dont accept it >>>

Luminous Arc 2 is NOT a VN. (VNDB has deleted it from the database) The Witcher 2 has 16 endings, so is it a VN? "Basic VN" lol doesn't depend on how many endings it have.

As for Luminous Arc 3, well, who knows. It might or might not be a VN.

Luminous Arc 2 is NOT a VN. (VNDB has deleted it from the database) The Witcher 2 has 16 endings, so is it a VN? "Basic VN" lol doesn't depend on how many endings it have.

LUMINOUS ARC!!!!!!!!! memories *sniffles* Oh how I loved these battle tunes ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8iwIlJVwMU9

And though I loved LA, and it certainly was text based..... I think calling it a VN is too much.... yet.... HOT SPRING SCENES :D

EDIT: and def gonna try 3 too

Edited by radiantmadness

Might be a bit of a stretch, because honestly, I'd just say LA3 is a JRPG with different endings, there are plenty of games like that that aren't classified as VNs.I guess the only reason why people seem to want to classify it as a VN is because the endings are for different girls.

I haven't played LA3 but I imagine it's something close to a Dating Sim more than a Visual Novel.Think stuff like Harvest Moon / Rune Factory and Persona 3 / 4.

Show me those 16 endings thx

Well what I meant was that Luminous Arc 2 has some elements of a visual novel "More based on text-based story than the TRPG aspect"

If this is what you were trying to say earlier, then your previous post clearly doesn't show it. lol "Basic VN" lol

That said, even if it's lean towards text-based than the TRPG aspect, that still doesn't make it a VN and it is certainly not an element of a visual novel. You seem to be having a misconception about the medium.

Show me those 16 endings thx

You're welcomed.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Might be a bit of a stretch, because honestly, I'd just say LA3 is a JRPG with different endings, there are plenty of games like that that aren't classified as VNs.I guess the only reason why people seem to want to classify it as a VN is because the endings are for different girls.

I haven't played LA3 but I imagine it's something close to a Dating Sim more than a Visual Novel.Think stuff like Harvest Moon / Rune Factory and Persona 3 / 4.

No, the game is very heavily text-based inside and outside of battles, and the way you choose characters/endings (at least this was how in LA2, I assume its the same in LA3), is through choices presented during the text-based sections

There ARE dating sim aspects, but those don't affect the ending.

lolz...

dating sim >.>

HM and RF were different though~

>very heavily text-based inside and outside of battles,

^Once again, I repeat, these are NOT the elements of Visual Novel. Keep that in mind.

Having plenty of ADV-style dialogue here and there does NOT qualify it to be a VN. A LOT of JRPG used ADV-style so it's nothing special either.

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So tell me, what makes you think that a TRPG with plenty of dialogues is eligible to be a Visual Novel?

>the way you choose characters/endings is through choices presented during the text-based sections

Linear Plot game like Utawarerumono or Kinetic Novel like Umineko DOES NOT decide on the ending based on choices and both is a VN, so this should tell you something by now. Choices and multiple endings aren't necessarily an aspect of a VN.

However, I'll ask you another simple question, Death. Does Luminous Arc 3 has narration?

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
^Once again, I repeat, these are NOT the elements of Visual Novel. Keep that in mind.

Having plenty of ADV-style dialogue here and there does NOT qualify it to be a VN. A LOT of JRPG used ADV-style so it's nothing special either.

However, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. So tell me, what makes you think that a TRPG with plenty of dialogues is eligible to be a Visual Novel?

Linear Plot game like Utawarerumono or Kinetic Novel like Umineko DOES NOT decide on the ending based on choices and both is a VN, so this should tell you something by now. Choices and multiple endings aren't necessarily an aspect of a VN.

However, I'll ask you another simple question, Death. Does Luminous Arc 3 has narration?

Yes it does. Main character narration points are in the game here and there. Other times there's omniscient narration

Oh shit! They're making a visual novel with a music theme? I'm shocked!

I'm pretty sure that in one of the livestreams he done, Bamboo confirmed that Overdrive next VN would be about music.

Then again, I may be confusing something since it's been some time but I was expecting a music-themed VN from Overdrive.

What I wasn't expecting is Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake being one if not the last VN the company produces.

On some other news, Hoshizora no Memoria -Eternal Heart- translation is up to 23.5%.

On some other news, Hoshizora no Memoria -Eternal Heart- translation is up to 23.5%.

Those guys are pretty fast, now I'm only hoping that their translation is decent at least.

Hatsuyuki Sakura is currently 4019/38943 (10.3%) complete. Prologue 3819/6898 lines (55.4%).

Holy fuck that was fast

Good stuff :> .