Favourite Eroge and why?

And if you are like the evil piece **** known as Battler I don't mean which one you think was made the best, which one you enjoyed the most and why?

My favourite so far is: Saya no Uta

Why?

Well I love the kind of horror that gets in your head not the one in most movies where it just comes from surprise and creepy music, true horror when you see things that are truly horrific. Not that Saya ever scared me but it was horrific if that makes sense, it was thrilling.

For me Saya was amazing because I couldn't tell right from wrong. Is Fuminori evil? Is Saya evil? Are the ones opposing their "love" evil? Who is right who is wrong? What is correct? Is ignoring and not wanting his reality back wrong? Are the things he does for food any worst than what we do?

And all this while keeping it real, Fuminori feels real, He is definitely not like me there were points where his actions after a certain point disgusted me but his actions were human, the way he ever slowly gives reality a fuck you and embraces his madness...It's just beautiful I want to say. It just feels so good to watch him and those around him.

Funnily enough the character I disliked the most, not because of their actions but just because of their attitude, is Saya.

http://youtu.be/AsbzP1AVS4k

I like the title of the OST, it's fitting.

[spoiler=just an image]1300211930_ddc98c2651b8.jpg

Edited by Stàr

I really haven't read all that many, but out of the few I have, I enjoyed Kira Kira the most. Maybe I'm just biased because it was the first one I read, or because I think the music is catchy as hell. The art isn't terrible, but it's not stellar either. The h-scenes felt out of place too. I just enjoyed the story as a story, I guess.

Probably, Muv Luv Alternative is still my favourite. Those characters, the action, the story... so many different parts cohesively came together to create an 'epic' story. Then, my second and third favourites are probably Little Busters and Ever17, respectively. My opinions may change as I have yet to read some of the big titles yet (G-senjou, Higurashi/Umineko, Saya, YU-NO and a few others), but his is how it stands now. Also, excited for LB EX translation.

Guest loppez

i haven't read many but so far the best for me:

majikoi - funny, nice story, long and protagonist is not crybaby.

i think it is good time to mention something opposite: hoshizora - boring as fuck, protagonist is stupid idiot, other characters are lame and again boring game.

No because I actually didn't finish the game (only played 50% of it, stupid machine translation). Although Mashiro is obviously awesome I just can't say that Tayutama is my favourite VN.

well..if only you said Tayutama were your favorite...

it'll spark a rage and unsettle other forum members that...

a legal translation will be done for you just for Tayutama~~~

well..if only you said Tayutama were your favorite...

it'll spark a rage and unsettle other forum members that...

a legal translation will be done for you just for Tayutama~~~

Well, Dan said something about a new group which wanted to translate Tayutama but I never heard anything about them.

Well, Dan said something about a new group which wanted to translate Tayutama but I never heard anything about them.

oh..i remember that guy...but not the username

he kinda drop by at SB and said something bout wanting to translate a Vn and asking for suggestions..

but..he's kinda MIA for about near 2 months now..

and no official announcement were made~

Awawawawa too many choices!

1. Cross Channel; I love the writing, even in Ixrec's translation,

2. Sekien no Inganock; the atmosphere was probably my favorite of any VN, and Liarsoft in general seems to do a good job of that,

3. Kara no Shoujo; My reason is Touko,

4. Saya no Uta; Nothing that Star hasn't already said,

5. Little Busters!; No one does nakiges like Key, and LB! was my favorite.

That being said, I'm still finishing Higurashi and Ever17, so those will probably be added to the list shortly. I still feel like I need to include one more, though...

6. Monster Girl Quest; because fucking Monster Girl Quest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ikusa Megami Zero. Eushully's crown jewel, it's an epic tale of a man that became a goddess. The setting is very detailed, the journey through the story is full of twists and turns, and the gameplay is solid and adds to the narrative rather than distracting from it. Ikusa Megami Zero shows that gameplay-heavy VNs don't have to skimp on story.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm, well I have 4 or 5 favourites. Kinda.

BUT... Umineko as a whole is my #1 favourite/best VN now. I can say that with certainty. Don't even need to start on EP7 or EP8 to see it (finished EP6 yesterday). I've already gushed about it elsewhere, but whatever. It's glorious. This series nails EVERY POINT in my eyes when patched. It beats several other VNs at their own friggin' game... well it feels like that anyway. I'm not sure yet if it counts as a spoiler for me to bring up these other VNs though - might post about that later.

The other four favourites are Higurashi, Ever17, Muv-Luv Alternative and Sharin no Kuni.

Edited by Harlequin
Hmmmm, well I have 4 or 5 favourites. Kinda.

BUT... Umineko as a whole is my #1 favourite/best VN now. I can say that with certainty. Don't even need to start on EP7 or EP8 to see it (finished EP6 yesterday). I've already gushed about it elsewhere, but whatever. It's glorious. This series nails EVERY POINT in my eyes when patched. It beats several other VNs at their own friggin' game... well it feels like that anyway. I'm not sure yet if it counts as a spoiler for me to bring up these other VNs though - might post about that later.

The other four favourites are Higurashi, Ever17, Muv-Luv Alternative and Sharin no Kuni.

For me as well, I had 4 favorites that I found almost equal, but now it's #1 Umineko 1-6 (will still be #1 if 7 and 8 suck, which I strongly doubt anyway lol) and behind that on the second tier in random order: ever17, Kara no shoujo and steins;gate..... Then on the third tier: MLA and G senjou!

Edited by radiantmadness