Visual Novels Translation Status [06/30/2013]

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also it looks like me (and maybe some other people) missed this portion from their blog post:

And of course, working with Lilith-soft also means the popular Taimanin Asagi series are bound to be available down the line…! Keep on tuned for future announcements!

if they are getting CODEPINK stuff,they should have gotten Sexfriends,I remember liking the hentai animation back in the day,at least these two will have the fine art,so it can't be THAT bad,right?

And for Shiny Days,I have to say I'm surprised.Many people didn't expect it because it would be too risky since you can have sex with Kokoro(who is too loli even for Japan's tastes...)then again,I don't expect JAST to leave Kokoro's scenes untouched either,but I guess it's better than not getting the game at all.

And for Shiny Days,I have to say I'm surprised.Many people didn't expect it because it would be too risky since you can have sex with Kokoro(who is too loli even for Japan's tastes...)then again,I don't expect JAST to leave Kokoro's scenes untouched either,but I guess it's better than not getting the game at all.

We should expect a censorship for Kokoro's scenes and probably for Romanesque too. The latter one will be hard to swallow though if it happens.

^ If they censor single CGs in Romanesque there will be an uncut patch. It happend with Family Project, too. If they take entire scenes out, than they are the new Moenovel and the early spring of 2017 will be bloody^^

what does Romanesque have that might JAST to censor it?Anyway,I read there is an all-ages port with extra content for the PS2 and later the PC version got those extras while retaining the adult stuff,I hope JAST gets that version.

Jast just announce that they got a License for Romanesque. And Jast also have a history of being "Loli sensitive"

previous games that the Loli CG got censored (redraw or even total cut)

**List is as Far as I knew**

Nocturnal Illusion: total cut, white out --> there is patch

Family Project: I guess Redraw from topless to T-shirt --> patch

hmmm anymore? may be...the list is shorter than I expected

anyway it could happen that all I can say

The only one that I'm sort of expecting from JAST's list is Romanesque, and that's not much considering that I thought Period was boring as fuck and I'm not really fond of LW's art.

Stein's Gate is nice and all but it's not as if the current translation we have is bad or anything you know.Having an official translation is good yeah, but it's not like we have 1 more translated game.

Any of the mentions about JAST licenses in last weeks thread were just random mentions. They weren't real. Sort of making up titles we wished they would license, but knew they weren't going to.

The only one that I'm sort of expecting from JAST's list is Romanesque, and that's not much considering that I thought Period was boring as fuck and I'm not really fond of LW's art.

Peroid isn't something you play for heavy plot or action as it wasn't actually geared for that. If you don't like the girls or can't appreciate the relationship atmosphere and overall fluffiness, then the game will turn you off. I could understand why people may find it boring though. The storyline is generally set up to show how the MC gradually becomes closer towards the girl(s), progressing little by little through event and small drama until they developed from being normal friend/classmate into a romantic relationship. Beyond that, there's nothing much happened on a wider scale, safe for one or two routes.

What makes the game fun is the way they responded to each other, and the great chemistry between them. I found it humorous and refreshing. Period introduced some unexpected elements in half of the routes and its surprising take on the overused and cliche osananajimi romance trope kind of differentiate it from being typical romance VNs. However, this kind of storytelling method can be too slow paced for some people, and if they were expecting something broader than stuff related to a relationship theme, then this game is not for them.

I dunno much about Romanesque though, beyond the fact that it has gameplay, Oyari's beautiful watercolor art, and cute lolis. But if they use the same kind of approach, then you know what to expect from it, soren. "Extreme boredom" inbound! :p

Okay I'm confused. I heard someone saying Jast had licensed Baldr Sky and 11eyes. Is that true or was just speculation? And if it was, what did Jast announced to license and release?

Next time, I will remember to put /joking whenever I made a joke.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Peroid isn't something you play for heavy plot or action as it wasn't actually geared for that.

To be honest though that's the kind of game I like the most.Like I mentioned before I really enjoyed Majikoi and Little Busters, but mostly cause both games kept you laughing for a long time and period didn't really have the same kind of funny comedy, it was more like your typical "boy meets girl, boy fucks girl, boy solves girl's issues, they both have a happy ever after ending" VN, wich in this case turned out to be pretty much a "nothing interesting really happens" really, wich is the same problem I had with the Yoake routes that were released so far, although I thought Yoake to be better than period.

I dunno much about Romanesque though, beyond the fact that it has gameplay, Oyari's beautiful watercolor art, and cute lolis. But if they use the same kind of approach, then you know what to expect from it, soren. "Extreme boredom" inbound! :p

Actually, I took a peek at the CG sets for Romanesque when all the kickstarter thing was going down and it seemed interesting enough, there actually seems to be a plot for things.I just ain't gonna get my hopes up too much cause like I said, I really didn't like period's style and if it's pretty much the same thing here then it's just gonna be a disappointment for me.

To be honest though that's the kind of game I like the most.Like I mentioned before I really enjoyed Majikoi and Little Busters, but mostly cause both games kept you laughing for a long time and period didn't really have the same kind of funny comedy, it was more like your typical "boy meets girl, boy fucks girl, boy solves girl's issues, they both have a happy ever after ending" VN, wich in this case turned out to be pretty much a "nothing interesting really happens" really, wich is the same problem I had with the Yoake routes that were released so far, although I thought Yoake to be better than period.

Well, most of my enjoyment came from Asahi, Aoi and Tsuzumi though, the rest of the heroine cast is rather lacking. And yea, I'll admit that the comedy isn't exactly good most of the time.

Yoake? Hrm, from what I've seen that game might be like Period, albeit with a wider plot. You might have hit the mediocre route though. Most reviews said that the side routes ranged between "slightly above mediocre and downright sucks" except for true route. It's just reviews, so take it with a grain of salt. But I've an impression that Yoake quality is inconsistent.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf