Visual Novels Translation Status [11/17/2013]

MGQ3 update

I’m at the end of the translation where I’m jumping around a lot, so it’s too difficult to try to get a line count. This will be the final progress update before I actually post about a hard patch release date.

Basically this is what’s left to finish, along with my guess on how much time it will take:

6 H-Scenes (4 hours)

3 Battles (1 hour each)

About 60% of the city text (Not sure, probably 4+ hours)

37 Encyclopedia entries (Four hours)

20 Evaluations (Maybe an hour, 1.5h at most)

Extra battle systems (This is the dicey one. I don’t know how hard this will be to add in and troubleshoot. Anywhere from 2 hours if easy, to many hours of fixing)

Editing/bug fixing (7+ hours)

Nearly there. I’d like to get the actual text all translated by Thanksgiving, and the editing done by early december.

Final progress update post | RogueTranslations

Learn Japanese or wait for Baldr Sky, which is faster?

Waiting might be faster, by a tiny bit. Bright side of learning Japanese, though, is you'll never have to wait again.

Now if only I had any capacity to learn languages... damn you, underdeveloped language centers! *Forever English-only*

Do you even need to ask? xD

You only need a few years to master the language whereas Butler Sky might still not be in English even after 10 years from now.

But the biggest factor is

Effort + Time VS No Effort

So I don't know if I should start now or put it off later.

*points and laughs at everyone*

dude , knowing japanese doesnt make you better than anyone else. i dont really get where you get off laughing at people because they dont know japanese. like thats a requirement for having their life achieved or something. some could learn , some just cant because of X stuff , no need to be douchy about it.