Visual Novels Translation Status [02/01/2014]

What we need are for some of these youngsters to pick this crap up and run with it. Nowadays people are too into the real world, pity on them because it sucks. Taxes, school, anythingbesideseatingandsleeping, it all gets so old...

WE NEED A REVOLUTION! Methinks we should go on a translator hunt... (and for some reason my autocorrect doesn't think "Methinks" is spelled incorrectly, but "autocorrect" is...)

i'm definitely sure people who spent years learning japanese will translate games, just becasue you want to play it! wait... do we live in a parallel world where videogames aren't popular and everyone plays eroge instead?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people just grown up. they found girlfriends, jobs, they don't have time. japan is not as popular as it was years ago. you have to admit it guys, you are dying species :D

At the same time MG and Jast buy licenses, VNs get official releases on PSP and Vita, Kickstarter OELVNs get up to 300k and VNs get more mainstream coverage (Monster Girl Quest 3 "almost" got GOTY on Kotaku, link).

Doesn't seem like death or dark age, more like a changing environment. Let's see what happens in the future...

FHA at 100%... just a little more...

maybe next year...

Sorry, couldnt stop myself.

On a different note though, does anyone know a couple of things:

1) When/If Grisaia Meikyuu is going to be translated?

2) Games that are similar to Grisaia Kajitsu/Majikoi/Koihime Musou?

1. 2 Years ... hopefully.

2. G-Senjou no Maou is a little similiar to Grisaia. A little. Depending on what you want. If you want light comedy with romance(like the other 2 you posted[koihime cough comedy cough]) Then things get a little harder, Da Capo maybe. There are other titles but I cant remember them right now. Also heard that Little Busters or w/e it was called are quite similiar to Majikoi.

Edited by Daeverius

HA-HA-HA... -_-

Daev... is that a death wish???

Couple of months once koestl starts rolling again. Took him about a year to finish Kajitsu, and Kajitsu is more than 2x Meikyuu.

Kajitsu is the longest among the three...

so maybe, two years later and Rakuen will also be translated too...

1. 2 Years ... hopefully.

2. G-Senjou no Maou is a little similiar to Grisaia. A little. Depending on what you want. If you want light comedy with romance(like the other 2 you posted[koihime cough comedy cough]) Then things get a little harder, Da Capo maybe. There are other titles but I cant remember them right now. Also heard that Little Busters or w/e it was called are quite similiar to Majikoi.

I appreciate you trying to help... but we've spent the past 2 weeks pointing out that I've already played G-Senjou, dislike Clannad and DA Capo, and already plan on playing/watching Little Busters... read the previous posts before replying :/

It's almost comical, because those have been the EXACT VNs I've been commenting on for the past 2 months XD

EDIT* After re-reading that, it sounds a bit cynical. I don't mean it to sound that way, I really do appreciate you trying to help, but the points are sadly already made :( If you have other recommendations though I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Shadolance
Seriously, JAST, how long does it take to translate one Raidy game? Knowing the low text amount in it... it's like one week's worth. They are obviously not working on that game right now. It's like if someone wastes three months on Dungeons & Dolls or something.

Raidy 3 is the Duke Nukem Forever of eroge.

read the previous posts before replying :/

It's almost comical, because those have been the EXACT VNs I've been commenting on for the past 2 months

Because people have nothing better to do other than reading each of your precious posts and while they are at it, keeping track of your VNs too, right?

On a different note though, does anyone know a couple of things:

1) When/If Grisaia Meikyuu is going to be translated?

2) Games that are similar to Grisaia Kajitsu

1) Never.

2) Katawa Shoujo and Hadaka Shitsuji.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
I appreciate you trying to help... but we've spent the past 2 weeks pointing out that I've already played G-Senjou, dislike Clannad and DA Capo, and already plan on playing/watching Little Busters... read the previous posts before replying :/

It's almost comical, because those have been the EXACT VNs I've been commenting on for the past 2 months XD

EDIT* After re-reading that, it sounds a bit cynical. I don't mean it to sound that way, I really do appreciate you trying to help, but the points are sadly already made :( If you have other recommendations though I'd love to hear them.

I dont bother with remembering what everyone read already. If you liked g senjou then you should try their other works(A-Profile, Sharin no Kuni). Also a VN people often forget(me included) is Cross Channel( if you look for something like Grisaia). And for future reference this is not a thread for recommendations.

heard they are pretty good,

can anyone actually confirm it ?

Confirm? Confirm how? I meant you've already heard that it's a pretty good route. You wanna hear the same thing again or something? lol Well, Makina has good route. Better see and judge it yourself. (When you've the time obviously.)

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf