What do you prefer playing? Love or Dark themed visual novels?

What do you prefer playing? Love or Dark themed visual novels?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer playing? Love or Dark themed visual novels?

• Love theme
    • Dark theme

Just curious of what most people prefer on a very basic level (with every VN basically fitting into one of these two categories...)

Dark themed VN or Love Themed VN.

For me, I'm a kind of an all-rounder, if I like the story, any theme is good for me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like feel-good stories like Kana ~Imouto~, but I do enjoy games that are slightly upbeat, like YMK or Demonbane. Not crazy about the "RAPE RAPE RAPE" sort of thing like "Suck my dick or die". I'd say I probably fall slightly into the "dark" theme in my preferences though.

I've voted for Love themed because I prefer to feel in good mood when I've finished a game rather than feeling like jumping from a window ^^. Still it depend on what you mean by love and dark themed eroge, 'cos if by love you mean nukige then no I'm not a fan of those I prefer a good story. If by dark you mean a game with a dark story (like Jingai makyo as an example among others) then I definitely like those too but they have to have romance in it, not just murders, slaughter,... But if by dark themed eroge you mean rape and stuffs like that as the main element of the game then no I definitely don't like those.