How to play non-translated eroges while using translator- guide

I was bored so I thought I'm gonna teach you how to play non-translated eroges (in case you don't know already).

I tried to make as simple as possible, not like these super complicated guides that take hours to read and even more to actually understand something.

So, here we go:

First step

GET A GAME. Actually first step is the hardest step to do. I think it's really difficult to find a non-translated eroge on hosting sites. Basically everywhere you look the link is either deleted or fake. Well i think this will change someday, maybe we'll start uploading games here.

Second step

Let's say you somehow acquired a game. What are you waiting for? Install it (I don't think i have to tell you how to do it,)

Third step

Download Translation Aggregator 0.4.9.r171.rar It's really small,and it shouldn't take you too long.

Fourth step

Launch game, and both ITH and a Translator aggregator(you just downloaded them).

You should get something like this:

aaa.jpg

Fifth step

Click Process on ITH and select your game, then click attach,and ok I don't know how Your game will be called You have to figure it out yourself ^^.

aaa.jpg

Sixth step

Once the game is attached you have to have some text in the game screen so ITH could read it. So start a new game,and click once.Now click on the scrolling window on ITH and look for a result where text shown in ITH window matches text in the game. When you find it click again on the game window there should be translated text shown in long forgotenn Translator Aggregator.

aaa.jpg

PLAY

Yes you can play now, sometimes you will be able to play fullscreen with Translator Aggregator on top, and the game under it like here:

ddd.jpg

But usually it's the other way around(game on top and Transaltor under,meaning you can't see him).

Also the translation is really crappy but You will get used to it with time.

I hope this guide will be useful to someone, also sorry for my bad English.

A couple words that might come in handy:

インストール - "Install"

アンインストール - "Uninstall"

次へ - "Next"

戻る - "Back"

完了 - "Finish"

キャンセル - "Cancel"

終了 - "End"

はじめから - "New Game"

セーブ - "Save"

ロード - "Load"

はい - "Yes"

いいえ - "No"

Edited by SaruDa
update

Yeah, I can't seem to find out how to install the dictionary I found into ATLAS, so it's kinda useless to me without a guide.

Got some dictionaries but they say

ATLAS MAIN WINDOW > TOOL > MANAGEMENT MENU > MERGE DICTIONARY DATA > ADD > now select the file
but the Merge Dictionary Data finds the wrong types of files.

Scrap that I think I might have downloaded the wrong file.. but it was kinda confusing saying it was the dictionary

Eh I'll just use Translator Aggregator from now on.. not that I used ATLAS anyway :D

Edited by Avenger

nice thread....

i already use ITH tool,

i use it on muv luv alternative game....

i'am tired waiting for translator translated the game.... :mad:

it's too long to wait, so i try it.....

it's work but just not all dialog can we extract.... :D

any solution for this one??? :confused:

thank's

Good guide. Got one for AGTH & ATLAS v14?

I tried using AGTH and ATLAS,but I had trouble with AGTH (and I still have,propably AGTH don't like my operating system) so I gave up on that.Hmm, I think saw some guides for using AGTH and ATLAS on Hongfire, but they were too complicated for my little brain, and I'm too lazy to search for them right now :p

nice thread....

i already use ITH tool,

i use it on muv luv alternative game....

i'am tired waiting for translator translated the game.... :mad:

it's too long to wait, so i try it.....

it's work but just not all dialog can we extract.... :D

any solution for this one??? :confused:

thank's

Isn' Muv-luv Alternative translated already? Well it's different case if You're talking about Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles...

I thought using this before but human translations are better.

Well duh i prefer human translation too, but not every game is translated to english. And to play these untranslated ones you can either use some kinda translator or learn japanese.

I tried using AGTH and ATLAS,but I had trouble with AGTH (and I still have,propably AGTH don't like my operating system) so I gave up on that.Hmm, I think saw some guides for using AGTH and ATLAS on Hongfire, but they were too complicated for my little brain, and I'm too lazy to search for them right now :p

Isn' Muv-luv Alternative translated already? Well it's different case if You're talking about Muv-Luv Alternative Chronicles...

yep, before amaterasu leaked patch out...i already try use it...

and after the patch leaked out, i try new story,muv luv altered fable....

not too much usefull .....so i think maybe it's just me can't completely use ITH tool...

:(

Well duh i prefer human translation too, but not every game is translated to english. And to play these untranslated ones you can either use some kinda translator or learn japanese.

yep, that right ....

while you play untranslate game , we can increase our vocabulary of japanese language too..

:)

Ah the dilemna of the english eroge gamer, spend many months learning the japanese language or get a machine and suffer for an eternity having all your characters speak like yoda.

Ah the dilemna of the english eroge gamer, spend many months learning the japanese language or get a machine and suffer for an eternity having all your characters speak like yoda.

Months? To understrand a common newspaper one must study at least 2-3 years and many many hours a day. xD

Damn, guess my future goal of learning japanese has suddenly shifted from reality to impossibility.

Sigh I wish i payed more attention to high school jap classes, but then i hadnt learnt of the joys of VN's back then.

Damn it all, its not fair T_T.

One the things that make it challenging to learn Japanese is trying to master the three separate alphabets used to write Japanese. Many people learn Japanese with the romaji alphabet, which is basically phonetic spellings of the words with our Latin alphabet, but romaji isn’t used as often as the three principle alphabets: hiragana, katakana and kanji.

Hiragana

Hiragana is the basis of the Japanese writing system and is largely phonetic. It will be the first alphabet to master when you learn Japanese. Each symbol stands for a particular syllable, and when you put them together you can pronounce the syllables to create words.

http://www.toptenreviews.com/i/sub_i/hiragana360.jpg

Katakana

Katakana was developed a little later than hiragana, but was based almost exclusively on Chinese characters. Katakana originated as a kind of shorthand for Chinese characters because Chinese was still a major form of communication in Japan at the time. Katakana was used for official communication but has given way to hiragana as the main component of writing. Katakana characters are still used for transcribing foreign words and names into Japanese.

http://www.toptenreviews.com/i/sub_i/katakana360.jpg

Kanji

Kanji is the oldest written alphabet in Japan because it is actually a collection of Chinese characters that are still in use in modern Japanese. This is often the most confusing alphabet when you learn Japanese. Kanji aren’t phonetic, instead representing whole words or ideas, often nouns, verbs and adjectives. There are tens of thousands of characters that are used in everyday communications.

http://www.toptenreviews.com/i/sub_i/kanji360.jpg

Source

Enjoy busting your ass off xD

High school jap only taught us the hiragana alphabet and some katakana.

I believe the best i could back then was ask 'What is your phone number?' and 'Please sit down'.

@Harkoz, 2 years huh? Can you back that up with a testomonial?

Not testimonials are needed, you have the info, you have your study material, it's up to each one how many time they will study.

The amount learned is directly proportional to the effort you invest studying something.