Visual Novels Translation Status [10/05/2014]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

That's actually a nice surprise. I guess they decided to fuck steam in case it tries to bullshit around the all-ages version - "We will have a edition with the mature content uncut on our own platform; we're working on bringing the all-ages version of the trilogy to Steam, but if Steam rejects the games, then we will release the all-ages versions on our platform as well.".

In any case, I can't remember how much money Aroduc's (c&d'd) project got, but it got funded fast as hell. This one shouldn't have any problems either, especially with the anime airing.

- Also a nice fact. Hell, some older games still cost a lot in Japan, like http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=743459. Edited by killerinsidee
- Also a nice fact. Hell, some older games still cost a lot in Japan, like Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ.

Yea, pretty fucking cheap to get all three visual novels for a price like that. Especially when you take into consideration the overall length of them.

Most lengthy VNs tend to cost 8800 yen from what I've seen. Seems to be the standard price kinda? 8800 yen is 81.62 dollars (thanks coinmill). 81.62 dollars is 585 SEK (Swedish crowns). In Sweden, that is almost exactly the price of a big triple A console game (ex. Battlefield 4). That's very expensive when compared to what you can get on Steam for the same amount of money... mostly anyway... especially since Steam has things like Daily Sales and Flash Sales and whatnot. And I guess I still think it's fairly expensive to get a VN like Muv-Luv Alternative or Grisaia on PC for that price, even if you take into account the quality and length of those titles. But we're getting three such VNs for something close to that price. Pretty crazy. If they actually get on Steam and go on sale, then, even cheaper...

^

Most longer new VNs tend to cost around ¥10,000 or more (tax included), Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ Problem is that the older games don't drop in price all that much unless they release some "best price version" or "budget version". The price doesn't drop even with countless re-releases, like from Key and Circus.

Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ Getchu.com¡§18¶Ø¾¦ÉÊ all still cost ¥9,504 (with tax included). It would cost you around $265 to buy the whole trilogy.

*sigh* Still can't edit posts with links in them, forum bugged :/

Nearly all visual novels of Key got an anime adaption so far so I don't really get why people have to start a petition.

There doesn't actually seem to be much interest in adapting Rewrite. It seems like it will never happen, at this point. My guess is that it would be too expensive to produce with too low of an expected return. See also: Aiyoku no Eustia, August's highest rated game in Japan which also never saw an adaptation, despite all of their other stuff getting one. It's easy to write flashy words, but really expensive to animate them.

Edited by Decay
It's easy to write flashy words, but really expensive to animate them.

I'm not sure how you can compare the ability to write with money but whatever, at first nobody wanted to animate Little Busters either but we still got an anime. Or maybe I just don't even care about the whole matter because I already played the visual novel.

Btw, did anybody watch Grisaia anime that started this week?

It was surprisingly good imo...

it was good buti hope they dont screw it when they they try to mix all the routes, at the end of the first episode we have sachi alredy starting to work on the bomb

it was good buti hope they dont screw it when they they try to mix all the routes, at the end of the first episode we have sachi alredy starting to work on the bomb

Well that wasn't the only thing that was "started". It feels to me that they will go the Amagami way to do the routes separately, 2-3 eps each girl. And you saw her doing that because it was probably just a "sneak peek" to what will happen.

It's not hard to separate each of the girls' stories since most the endings for each route happen in a specific time skip.

(Sachi and Michiru: A couple of months. Makina and Yumiko: A couple of years. Amane: 50+ years)

Here's how they're probably gonna continue the series (and what I hoped for in this series):

-Discard each ending that take years of time skip. So in this case, we're gonna see Sachi's and Michiru's.

-Continue the story according to the VN's route order. Makina>Amane>Sachi>Michiru>Yumiko (I'm probably wrong about the order. It's been a long time since I finished the game...)

-As for the ending of the anime for Kajitsu, I guess they could sneak a little peek about the events that happen in Meikyuu...

But you know what excited me the most in this anime?

That epic frozen turkey throw... :)

And tunafish man... Don't forget about tunafish man...

Edited by lucifer193
spoiler tags that I forgot to apply. sorry for the inconvenience...

Don't knock the manservice.

I think it's already been clear for some time how the anime's story will progress. It will follow the non-existent "Harem Route" that Grisaia's lead writer wrote after Kajitsu's release, it's the canon route where Yuuji doesn't get romantically involved with any of the girls and is the route that Rakuen is based off of.

Well, it's official. Sekai Project confirmed that there will be 18+ versions of all of the Grisaia games and that they will be kickstarting for the entire trilogy.

Lets bring the Grisaia trilogy to the West | Prefundia

DAMN. Not only all of my yes, I'm actually going to borrow some other people's yes to give to this.

I have not been happier to see VN news in... ever, probably?