What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Months ago I finished Steins;Gate (truly good, better than the anime) but now I have a doubt about Nae

I'm surely forgetting something because some time has passed, but... has Nae the "Reading Steiner" like Okabe? Because in S;G she leaped 1000+ times without losing her memories (and in this case, is the Nae in R;N still the same freak of S;G?).

Everyone has some amount of "Reading Steiner". If you recall the Ruka route, Ruka leaped once and didn't lose her memory. Okabe just has more reading steins than the average people. R;N?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has some amount of "Reading Steiner". If you recall the Ruka route, Ruka leaped once and didn't lose her memory. Okabe just has more reading steins than the average people. R;N?

I don't remember the details very well but yes, I remember that every person can conserve a little (more or less, depending on the person) of his/her memories of other timelines. It's just that watching R;N (Robotics;Notes) this doubt came to me, because thinking about it I found abnormal for her to still have memory of what happened in her original timeline -she remembers and well, I'm referring to the dialogue between Okabe and the crazy Nae- after that huge number of time leaps but I didn't remember particularly explanations in regard. If it's not me losing something over time (time leaps fault? asd) it's ok. Thank you :)

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

The last thing I completed was Yume Miru Kusuri(~Drug x Bullying x Interpersonal relationship~):

Yume Miru Kusuri

I went Mizuki's route and I enjoyed it, especially the ending.

I wished more VNs included a pregnant/child ending. It felt complete with that. Of course, I wish there was more to it. I mean after all, she pretty much tried a whole lot of drugs, and probably would have had complications for the child. It could have went onto that, but a nice tear fell down my face with this ending. Contempt I am.

Another spoiler on my thoughts that connect with the pregnant/child thing for Kamidori, relating to one of the heroine's(don't know if it complies to all since I never got around to doing the other route, wont touch the loli one) routes:

If Kamidori had shown your child with Servalwi, it would have gotten such a firm clapping from me. I honestly think the ending could have been shown a bit longer, but I fully understand the way it ended. I would have loved to see the child though.

I finished it within 10 hours, and I was surprised by it. I thought it would have taken me longer, but nope. I remember starting at 8am and ending around 6-6:30pm. Felt kind of short and the way it played out.... eh. I think I had that feeling since there really wasnt much of a spinal plot, even if you went on a heroine's route, well, maybe a tiny bit, but then it dropped it when I hooked onto her route. Meh, rated it a 9 just because of the ending I had, honestly find myself a bit biased by it since I like those kind of happy endings. Would have given it an 8 or a 7 for the lack of a main spinal plot and probably a few other things I do not feel like nitpicking here. I also liked the bit of comedy, but I also felt like a big douche for ignoring the bullied girl. I wanted to punch myself after those choices.

What do you think about the anally girl then?

Fixed.

Also, I finished dengeki stryker and here are my impressions. Oh and desi, you already know this text because it's just content of the message I sent you yesterday. Copy and paste ftw! \o/

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say you'll really enjoy the last route.... I am not sure why.

I just finished the true route of dengeki stryker and to be honest, I don't know if I liked it or not. The main problem of the game is the big difference of quality. Sometimes you've some awesome scenes or an interesting situation and in the next moment, bamm, stupid conversation feat. retarded character behaviour right in your face. Every freakin time you're hoping for some good stuff but only get half of it...or nothing. This really sucks. Anyway, the characters are another problem of dengeki stryker. Never, never use stupid looking characters for a serious story, it won't work. Also, every single of them (I'm not lying) is totally plain. The music was actually pretty nice, same goes for the voice actors. Another thing I really liked was the outfit of the protagonist, but then again, I've a secret coat fetish.

What? I've a coat fetish?!

7390-i-just-discovered-my-secret-coat-fetish-coats-sexy-arent-they.jpg

Yeah, that guy is definitely sexy.

As for the last route itself, it was just weird. Stuff happened totally randomly and this is something I can't stand. I'm fine with magic and fantasy BUT if a lot of things are just happening randomly without making any sense...not my cup of tea. So yeah, your prediction was definitely wrong. I enjoyed the route partially (like the whole game) but not all of it. And dat ending song, damn! Japanese is such a beautiful language so why the hell are so many refrains of japanese songs into english? Why? My ears!!!

7389-caption.jpg

Also, it seems that I unlocked two mini routes, I'll check them out...now.

Both of them are bascially a sex scene + one stupid love conversation...yep...interesting...CRTL GOOOO!!!!! \o/

^Which means that I just cleared the game for 100% ... this makes me really happy...yeah...

Score : 6,9/10

Edited by OneManArmy

[spoiler=My journey and thought about 999]I came for the puzzles but I stay for the story. That pretty much sums it up, I guess. What started as the usual saw trapped survival game where all I need to do is focusing on how to survive, has slowly but surely turning into a mysterious plotlines full with dark secrets that lie beneath the black abyss, camouflaged by a simple mask that we called "human face", which in turn make me constantly wonder, just wth is going on in this God-forsaken ship?

Despite the danger of death that lurks in every corner, I struggled through every ends, desperately trying to see the truth. Or in some case, confirming the truth. For I've guessed, but I don't have proof. Utsuge, Yandere, and Betrayal, each one I've met, and each encounter left a jarring impact. Delivered in full force, I've seen it coming. I've expected it, but still, the moment of its viciousness surprised me. Though, each once also carries a revelation, a significant clue. And my journey continue.

And finally, the moment of truth is revealed. Only one of it anyway. Perhaps because I've guessed on "who" but utterly fail on "how", the explanation came as mildly interesting, but not that surprising. And then, here we go......Snaaaaakkkeeee~~~~~~~!!!!!! Damn, that was, erm, epic showdown! ;_; (And it's Game Over. No, "I" have lost) Or is it truly over?

And then there's the true truth, the another wtf moment, where supposedly science and supernatural collide and give birth to the emergence of, well, "I". Where time and space don't matter. The moment is beautiful, desperately beautiful, trying to solve the last of the puzzle and make everything alright again. It feels damn awesome. Then, a mere moment later, it's the End. And I was left, feeling a bit surprised. It was rather abrupt. It still feels some sort of satisfiying, but it sure doesn't have much closure.

And with that, I've completely finished 999. Even then, I still need to do some pondering. A few questions need answering, and a few things need to be clarified. Everything is lied down, pieces by pieces, it is only a matter of making sense of it. Perhaps, some tile is missing. It's possible. But nvm, not everything is perfect.

Okay, that has concluded my journey with 999. Now it's time to do some criticizing and praising.

The bad ends is awesome. Yes, it is. I love the Axe bad end. And the ecchi comedy is really hilarious I laugh really hard. Priceless stuff. The visual and sounds effect is really excellent in generating the desired atmosphere.

As for the characters, eventhough they've multiple characters who play major roles, each one of them stood out with their different personality and strong presence without overwhelming the other characters. They all were given enough times to develop their characters throughout the story.

The storyline is great, especially in the mystery part. Some of the dialouges even contains subtle hints for the plot and secrets and sometimes they put it where you least expected. And the way they construct the story from the beginning all through the end (or ends) is magnificent. Every single details need to be carefully places in order to avoid plotholes. Jobs well done.

The part that I don't like is the puzzle. It's too simple and very easy. Perhaps if they make a time limit for the puzzle like "solve it in 60 sec. or 120 sec." it can/might generates a certain feelings of urgency which contribute to the game immersion.

And the true ending where "Ice" appear, I don't really like that ending. It feels a bit like a cliff-hanger. Where's June? Junpei need to speak to her! -.-"

[spoiler=a few rants about puzzles]

That's my only problem with the puzzles. It's too damn easy. Once I got past the prologue and understood the basic gameplay, all the puzzle turns out to be really simple and easy. Puzzle in the prologue is hard at first, mainly because I didn't get used to it yet at that time. (I missed the stuff under the pillow. I thought there's only one piece of paper and wasted my time trying to open the "blue briefcase" without realizing it was just half of the code. Stupid me. Baka!)

http://i.imgur.com/KTa2f.jpg

Yes Lily. I've realized my mistake. Now, could you go back to DS please? -.-

After that, I realized that I just need to click on everything until I find all the stuff that I need. (Listening to the characters commenting about the stuff that I click is really fun xD) From there, it's a piece of cake. You don't have to crack you brain to solve the simple puzzle. If you think it was hard, you obviously didn't play many puzzle oriented game, such as Blackmoor Manor for example.

However, in the "forest of knowledge" where I need to find "light", I got confused a bit. Since there are so many books in there, I missed one of the "ightbulb location and I spent my times scouring the library a few times lolol. (I blame my lack of sleep for that blunder.)

Upside down Sudoku puzzle is a bit challenging, but it's challenging only because it's upside down. (I know that I can rotate my emulator, but I didn't do it.) Playing sudoku is one of my side hobby anyway so...yeah, it was easy. I beat it on my first try in 6-8 minutes. (no reset or reload of course) If only they put a timer beside the puzzle and you need to solve it before the time runs out, ah, the tension and pressure. How sweet~~~

[spoiler=romance]Don't open it unless you've finished 999[spoiler=romance]Didn't you read what I wrote? Don't open spoiler unless you've finished the damn VN! Jeez...[spoiler=romance]

http://i.imgur.com/xy6et.jpg

There's a naked woman in 999. So there's romance, guys. There's a damn romance in it`~!! LOL

End of spoiler]

Finished: All of the endings.

[spoiler=Favorite]Favorite character: Snaaaakeee!!!

Favorite endings: a) The Safe/Letter Ending b) The Axe Ending

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Most people tend to like Aeka more. Seldom I've found people saying that they like Mizuha's route.

Anyway, I take it that you've finished all the routes? What do you think about the neko girl then?

I dont really do loli routes or whatever the hell she is, and she is just a complete turn off. If she is a loli, and if there is ever one in a VN, I completely stay clear of it. I just dont like lolis, not that kind of guy. I literally scream and stuff if I see some kind of loli in a pervy pose, like it's trying to burn it's image into my retinas. I also only did Mizuki's route. Right now, I am focusing on finishing my currently playing list. After that, and if I dont find anymore VNs to play for now, I will most likely go back to the games I already played and do other routes. Starting with Kamidori, since I already am on her chapter and stuff. But another reason why I only do 1 heroine route in a game is because I always like the appeal of the girl I choose. If I play others, it just feels strange. Know what I am saying?

On another note, I tried out Boob Wars to see why everyone in the comments section were having an orgasm all over it. Tried it for a few minutes, like 5-10 minutes. I disliked it so much. I dont play nukiges, but if I do, it's just a gag playthrough since I have tastes in certain stuff I play. I pretty much skipped through the text till something interesting happened, nope. I quit as soon as I died and went, "Well! That sucked!". I dont see why Mangagamer wasted resources on it.... I mean really. They could have translated something other than a nukige. Perhaps something with a better plot and with better characters? I dont know?

Edited by Hongō Kazuto
I dont see why Mangagamer wasted resources on it.... I mean really. They could have translated something other than a nukige. Perhaps something with a better plot and with better characters? I dont know?[/color][/center]

Because it's easier to translate, easier to license, and they make a good profit off of it. They don't really waste many resources going the nukige route.

Because it's easier to translate, easier to license, and they make a good profit off of it. They don't really waste many resources going the nukige route.

Eh, whatever. Guess I am one of the people who are ignorant of the fact they have to license the stuff.

Also, by resources, I just meant a spot on their translation list, but I dont know how that works. I always thought of it as them having a certain amount of stuff they license then they work on them. Correct me if I am wrong. Still learning bit by bit with the way translators work.

The last thing I completed was Yume Miru Kusuri(~Drug x Bullying x Interpersonal relationship~)

I finished it within 10 hours, and I was surprised by it. I thought it would have taken me longer, but nope. I remember starting at 8am and ending around 6-6:30pm. Felt kind of short and the way it played out.... eh.

I also only did Mizuki's route.

I figured as much.

Yume Miru Kusuri = Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours) "according to VNDB"

10 Hours per-route, depends on the reading speed. It strikes me as weird when you said you completed Yume Miru and said that it was short. Now everything make sense again.

[spoiler=romance]Don't open it unless you've finished 999[spoiler=romance]Didn't you read what I wrote? Don't open spoiler unless you've finished the damn VN! Jeez...[spoiler=romance]

http://i.imgur.com/xy6et.jpg

There's a naked woman in 999. So there's romance, guys. There's a damn romance in it`~!! LOL

End of spoiler]

Thank You Gerard, I forgot about the romance in this novel till you reminded me. Hopefully more people will play it now.

I figured as much.

Yume Miru Kusuri = Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours) "according to VNDB"

10 Hours per-route, depends on the reading speed. It strikes me as weird when you said you completed Yume Miru and said that it was short. Now everything make sense again.

Yeah. I finish VNs faster than others, but this was the fastest in my opinion. School Days takes a close second with 12 hours on Kotonoha's true route. I think I finished this quickly because of my reading speed and that my sense just felt weird. As I said, it didnt really have a central spinal conflict, well, so far that I can deduce. It just felt like a huge time skip, where I just do her choices and then it automatically bumps me right into the action.

What's the point of exclusively playing one route per VN (with multiple routes)?

I get to get VNs done in a more efficient manner. And as I said, I go back and do the routes when I have nothing left on my list. For example, I finished Dengeki Stryker while doing all the routes when I first played through. I normally dont do that, but honestly, I really like Dengeki Stryker. I also did it with My Girlfriend is The President as well and pretty much Koihime Musou excluding the lolis and the one who likes Aisha, besides SoSo. Those were the times I really had nothing else to play.

The main case in point, as I said, was to get to other VNs for their stories first. Like how I am going to go through Deardrops in a few minutes. Everyone has their style of playing, and mine is so.

Edit:

I find it easier this way to clear the rest of the routes since I get both a feel of the game and get a break from it, especially with some of the games I pick up, it feels like they drag on and on and on, like Edelweiss.

Edited by Hongō Kazuto
Because playing routes of heroines you can't stand is not enjoyable?!

Yeah, you forgot the 'exclusively' part there. Also, you should read what i was replying to and the reply to it as well. Basically: one route, every time, for every VN, in order to get them 'done' more 'efficiently' because they 'drag on'.... might as well just watch other media instead of VN's like that.

I don't know, w/e, seems pretty retarded to me.

Yeah, you forgot the 'exclusively' part there. Also, you should read what i was replying to and the reply to it as well. Basically: one route, every time, for every VN, in order to get them 'done' more 'efficiently' because they 'drag on'.... might as well just watch other media instead of VN's like that.

I don't know, w/e, seems pretty retarded to me.

Lol, I said drop it. You can't read all that well either. Did you not read this part:

since I get both a feel of the game and get a break from it, especially with some of the games I pick up, it feels like they drag on and on and on

especially with some of the games I pick up

some

soooooooome

Key word there. I also did not say 'exclusively', nor 'every time', nor 'every vn', nor 'efficiently'. I did not say ALL of them dragged on, just some. So next time you want to comment on someone's play style, maybe keep it to yourself or trying to make up words and typing them out. Everyone plays thing differently, it's not like EVERYONE has to follow your idea of playing a game. And I like that little comment at the saying you think it's pretty retarded. Good job, you made a comment that I like. If all you said was that, then your input would have been enough, hahaha.

Let me give you a round of applause:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

Now have a nice day and let's finally move off of this topic and onto what the title of this thread is about. Kthxbai.

Edited by Hongō Kazuto

YU-NO. Damn, what a long journey that was! And wow, so many turns it took. It felt like that at least. It's like the VN started out being one thing, then went on to being something else, and so on.

I'm very impressed. It's a grand story alright, with a really good feel to it. Plenty of mysteries and drama. And SCIENCE! Excellent characters... well, some of them in particular.

Loved the point-and-click gameplay. Clicking on the stuff you specifically want to know more about... yes, that was fun. It added more detail to the VN in general.

Well, I'll just leave it at that for now. Need to gather my thoughts about it some more and most likely write about it properly later. Adieu!