What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Clannad a week ago. It was really good overall, I'd give it a 7/10, but I find that the whole school life angst thing is not working for me like it used to, with having a job and in college its not as relateable as it once was I guess. After Story was better for me personally as it was more about things I'm dealing with now in my own life, even though I personally would have preferred another girl besides the one for the true ending.

Kyou's route was an emotional roller coaster I remember thinking non stop after the first half that man this is one crazy complicated situation and as it progressed it got even more complicated. Ending was awesome in opinion though, felt like I was going to hit my moniter if things did not work out.

Just finished Clannad a week ago. It was really good overall, I'd give it a 7/10, but I find that the whole school life angst thing is not working for me like it used to, with having a job and in college its not as relateable as it once was I guess. After Story was better for me personally as it was more about things I'm dealing with now in my own life, even though I personally would have preferred another girl besides the one for the true ending.

Kyou's route was an emotional roller coaster I remember thinking non stop after the first half that man this is one crazy complicated situation and as it progressed it got even more complicated. Ending was awesome in opinion though, felt like I was going to hit my moniter if things did not work out.

yep, I completly agree! I do still have to complete after story, but I think my opinion will remain mostly the same after that. Kyou/tomoyo were da best..

Moero Downhill Night Blaze

*sigh*... Not as good as I was hoping it to be. The story that is. The main story. Most of the things that happened in this VN just didn't interest me. A few things, sure, but most of it was just not that memorable. Moero 2 was better, enough said. The story in that one was actually pretty fun.

But, at least Blaze had some of the characters that I liked from the second one. That was a good thing. It was nice to see them again. Although to be honest, they were better represented in Moero 2...

I didn't really mind the racing minigame during the first playthrough. It felt nice with a gamepad at least. But after you've completed one route, that gameplay just becomes a waste of time, because you can't skip any of it. It's much too easy, and too much time is spent on it rather than actual storytelling. Moero 1 and 2 had timed choices during the races, which wasn't very good either, but it was still more entertaining than this stuff in my opinion.

Oh well. I still like the themes (cars, racing) and the mood in this. But yea, could've been better alright. It's a shame. If you're going to try any Moero title at all yourself, go for the second one.

Just got my first ending on Kara no Shoujo.

Must have screwed up somewhere since;

I reached the choice when you must open Takashiro's stomach to get the key and save Reiji's sister from freezing. Chose to do it because i imagined the character being cornered. Both died. T_T

The vn's good however. Gives it a strong eight.

Just completed Hoshizora No Memoria today, played a few VN's before but just in passing, however this one really drew me in, I loved all the characters, though i know many people found some annoying, and I felt that the story was amazing, It left me wanting more, but in a good way. So am hoping that it doesn't take to much longer for the fan disk to get translated as want that bit extra for the story, great game though getting through the first part each time you start a new playthrough can take a while

Just got my first ending on Kara no Shoujo.

Must have screwed up somewhere since;

I reached the choice when you must open Takashiro's stomach to get the key and save Reiji's sister from freezing. Chose to do it because i imagined the character being cornered. Both died. T_T

The vn's good however. Gives it a strong eight.

without walkthrough you could expect that;)

Ha... whew. Just finished Muv Luv Alternative. What a ride. I'm not sure the ending was nearly as impressive as I thought it would be, but the little epilogue thing did have me smiling with a goofy grin on my face as I watched the normal interaction between Sumika and Takeru. In the end the final cut scene wasn't translated and that irritates me a bit, but I suppose it's not the end of the world, you got the idea of what was going on. However, if anyone has that final scene of them chatting in the classroom translated or even better a video of it subbed, I'd still love to see it.

Over all the game was amazing. From the slow starting bits in Extra, to the frustration of the unfinished endings in Unlimited, and the intensity of non-stop push that alternative gave. The game is highly recommended and for a good reason. There were a number of little animation touches that went a long way to supplement a very clean and beautiful art style. From simple puffs of breath to simulate cold weather starting in Extra, to moving lips and blinking eyes in Alternative. The music was emotive and pulled you in almost as much as the extremely well developed and thought out world(s). My only criticism might be some of the info dumps about aliens and weapons seemed to drag on a bit.

This finally feels like a complete and proper ending. Even more so than the Extra endings for Sakaki, Tama, and Ayamine. I thought those were great, but the others felt a bit flat and unfinished, and while this ending isn't exactly as concrete as those were, the thought of them all(along with the new Alternative characters) open ended in a peaceful world. It brings a warm feeling.

I guess the next step is to see just how badly they screw with things in the anime.

Edited by Haika

^ anime is TE, the side story of Alternative. So it doesn't adapt any of the Muv luv VNs that are translated. Glad to see you enjoyed MLA though.. definitely one of the best VNs I've played

Translation of the last scene:

[spoiler=MLA ending]Chizuru: Sensei, I have a suggestion as the Class Representative.

Marimo: Oh, what is it, Sakaki-san?

Chizuru: There is a lot of transfer students so-

Tama: I agree!

Marimo: Wait but don't you guys have bad eyes, can't see in front and stuff-

Chizuru: ITS OKAY NOW.

Marimo: Oh, I see-

Meiya: Ms.Jinguuji, please don't! It will confuse people on the day of transfer!!

Yuuhi: I have to agree!

Sumika: NO NO NO NO! DEFINITELY CHANGE SEATS!

Mikoto: I think its okay the way it is.

Sumika & Ayamine: CHANGE SEATS! CHANGE SEATS! CHANGE SEATS!

Marimo: Everyone, calm down, please!

Yuuko: Okay, I will settle this.

All: KOUZUKI-SENSEI!?

Yuuko: I will have you do a cooking battle!

Takeru: PLEASE WAIT, WHY DO WE END UP DOING THIS?

Yuuko: The winner will get a seat next to Shirogane.

All: EH?

Marimo: WAIT, YUUKO!

The girls: WE'LL DO IT! PLEASE LET US DO IT!

Marimo & Takeru: EHHH???

Yuuko: Fuhuhu, Yashiro, what will you do?

Kasumi: I will do it.

Marimo & Takeru: EHHHHHH!?!?!?

Yuuko: Shirogane, you are a love-love nucleus.

Takeru: "Love-love nucleus"?

Yuuko: Most likely. You have magnetic powers to attract girls! It will give anyone the ability to get their time of being popular! Marimo, wait for it~!

Marimo: ITS A PROBLEM!

Ayamine: I will win, definitely-

Mikoto: I won't lose, too!

Tama: Me too, I will definitely win with my own strength!

Akane: Hey, hey, Haruko.

Haruko: Oh, hi there Akane.

Akane: Why is B-Class so noisy?

Haruko: The transfer students and Shirogane are fighting over seats.

Akane: Chizuru too~? Heeeh, no wonder you are so heated up~!

Chizuru: A-Akane! Don't get me wrong, I am only doing this as the Class Representative!

Ayamine: Denying it is useless.

Chizuru: A-Ayamine-san!

Akane & Haruko: Ahahaha!

(There are three lines here by Meiya and Yuuhi, talking about how the Mitsurugi Conglomerate does not tolerate failure)

Sumika: Yashiro-san?

(cue intro of Muv-Luv)

Kasumi: Please... call me Kasumi.

Sumika: All right, Kasumi-chan, everyone, I definitely won't lose!

Kasumi: I will not lose, too!

Sumika: Everyone, let's all do our best okay?

Kasumi: Yes.

Takeru: AAAAAAAAHH GEEZ! YOU GUYS, JUST DO WHATEVER THE HECK YOU LIKE!

(credits roll)

^ anime is TE, the side story of Alternative. So it doesn't adapt any of the Muv luv VNs that are translated. Glad to see you enjoyed MLA though.. definitely one of the best VNs I've played

Translation of the last scene:

[spoiler=MLA ending]Chizuru: Sensei, I have a suggestion as the Class Representative.

Marimo: Oh, what is it, Sakaki-san?

Chizuru: There is a lot of transfer students so-

Tama: I agree!

Marimo: Wait but don't you guys have bad eyes, can't see in front and stuff-

Chizuru: ITS OKAY NOW.

Marimo: Oh, I see-

Meiya: Ms.Jinguuji, please don't! It will confuse people on the day of transfer!!

Yuuhi: I have to agree!

Sumika: NO NO NO NO! DEFINITELY CHANGE SEATS!

Mikoto: I think its okay the way it is.

Sumika & Ayamine: CHANGE SEATS! CHANGE SEATS! CHANGE SEATS!

Marimo: Everyone, calm down, please!

Yuuko: Okay, I will settle this.

All: KOUZUKI-SENSEI!?

Yuuko: I will have you do a cooking battle!

Takeru: PLEASE WAIT, WHY DO WE END UP DOING THIS?

Yuuko: The winner will get a seat next to Shirogane.

All: EH?

Marimo: WAIT, YUUKO!

The girls: WE'LL DO IT! PLEASE LET US DO IT!

Marimo & Takeru: EHHH???

Yuuko: Fuhuhu, Yashiro, what will you do?

Kasumi: I will do it.

Marimo & Takeru: EHHHHHH!?!?!?

Yuuko: Shirogane, you are a love-love nucleus.

Takeru: "Love-love nucleus"?

Yuuko: Most likely. You have magnetic powers to attract girls! It will give anyone the ability to get their time of being popular! Marimo, wait for it~!

Marimo: ITS A PROBLEM!

Ayamine: I will win, definitely-

Mikoto: I won't lose, too!

Tama: Me too, I will definitely win with my own strength!

Akane: Hey, hey, Haruko.

Haruko: Oh, hi there Akane.

Akane: Why is B-Class so noisy?

Haruko: The transfer students and Shirogane are fighting over seats.

Akane: Chizuru too~? Heeeh, no wonder you are so heated up~!

Chizuru: A-Akane! Don't get me wrong, I am only doing this as the Class Representative!

Ayamine: Denying it is useless.

Chizuru: A-Ayamine-san!

Akane & Haruko: Ahahaha!

(There are three lines here by Meiya and Yuuhi, talking about how the Mitsurugi Conglomerate does not tolerate failure)

Sumika: Yashiro-san?

(cue intro of Muv-Luv)

Kasumi: Please... call me Kasumi.

Sumika: All right, Kasumi-chan, everyone, I definitely won't lose!

Kasumi: I will not lose, too!

Sumika: Everyone, let's all do our best okay?

Kasumi: Yes.

Takeru: AAAAAAAAHH GEEZ! YOU GUYS, JUST DO WHATEVER THE HECK YOU LIKE!

(credits roll)

o// you, had forgotten it myself ;)

Yeah, I know TE is supposed to be chronologically before the events of Unlimited and Alternative, but I've also heard that people really dislike it. But I do plan to at least watch it to see the world depicted fully animated.

I heard it happens parallel to the events of Alternative...though i'm not exactly sure. I heard this was sort of a "test" case to see how well it would sell.. maybe they'll move onto the translated VNs if it does well enough. I sort of doubt it though.

I heard it happens parallel to the events of Alternative...though i'm not exactly sure. I heard this was sort of a "test" case to see how well it would sell.. maybe they'll move onto the translated VNs if it does well enough. I sort of doubt it though.

The opening sequence starts with the first invasion of Japan by the BETA. According to the Muv Luv wiki, the anime then speeds up and happens during the same year, but several months prior to Takeru showing up in the latter part of October. I'm only 4 episodes in, but I doubt it will show any of the major battles or even character cameos(though the Shogun was already shown) from the novels.

Seems a bit strange for them to introduce the world with this side story, but as a fan(new, but still strong) I'd love to see the main story animated with all the characters I've grown to know and love over the past couple of months. At the same time it would take some powerful censorship to be able to deal with the adult elements(especially certain Sumkia moments), and I'm not sure I'd like that quite as much. Still, I'm enjoying the lore and technology the anime is showing me, and I can enjoy it far more than people who have no idea what is going on, and are talking about gundam this and gundam that in the comments of the anime site I use.

Edited by Haika

I'm about to finish Alternative myself I must say it's waaaay better than Unlimited which to me felt incredibly forced since it was tacked onto extra but dear god is the plot depressing as hell at times not that that detracts at all from the game. Anyway back on topic my latest VN conquest I technically have 2 since I was playing both Otoboku and Deus Machina Demonbane at the same time I think I finished Demonbane first if only by a couple hours.