What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

YU-NO. Damn, what a long journey that was! And wow, so many turns it took. It felt like that at least. It's like the VN started out being one thing, then went on to being something else, and so on.

I'm very impressed. It's a grand story alright, with a really good feel to it. Plenty of mysteries and drama. And SCIENCE! Excellent characters... well, some of them in particular.

Loved the point-and-click gameplay. Clicking on the stuff you specifically want to know more about... yes, that was fun. It added more detail to the VN in general.

Well, I'll just leave it at that for now. Need to gather my thoughts about it some more and most likely write about it properly later. Adieu!

Glad to hear Harle! Now you need to write your review and tell me how you enjoyed the ending :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YU-NO. Damn, what a long journey that was! And wow, so many turns it took. It felt like that at least. It's like the VN started out being one thing, then went on to being something else, and so on.

I'm very impressed. It's a grand story alright, with a really good feel to it. Plenty of mysteries and drama. And SCIENCE! Excellent characters... well, some of them in particular.

Loved the point-and-click gameplay. Clicking on the stuff you specifically want to know more about... yes, that was fun. It added more detail to the VN in general.

Well, I'll just leave it at that for now. Need to gather my thoughts about it some more and most likely write about it properly later. Adieu!

Nice! I started writing a review but kinda abandoned it halfway through... now how about we work out a joint review or something? let me know. :)

After so long, Clannad. Then Tomoyo After.

Finally got around reading Afterstory, and let me tell you, that was one hell of a ride. Since I already read Little Busters, I knew that wasn't IT and a replay was needed. Although the whole thing is way convenient and magic being a solution kinda sucks, the big contrast between the funny parts and the emotional ones was hard to ignore. The comic relief characters Sunohara and Akio are very hilarious. Probably the most fun VN I've read. And also one that brings out the strongest emotions.

The individual routes are very nice, although with a few weaker than others, and this is a visual novel that doesn't only contain the typical end-up-with-a-girl routes. Friendship and family, especially family, are the main themes. I found myself being engrossed by the great characters and got me looking for them in Afterstory like in the anime. Sadly they only show up to congratulate Nagisa in her graduation (upon choosing a bunch of stuff on her route), and only Kyou, Fuko and Sunohara are shown outside of that event.

I don't like how the visual novel doesn't fully explain how Ushio becomes the Girl in the Illusionary World, how she exists independently from the concept of time, how she manifested under that tree and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe it's lost in translation, and maybe we just have to let it go and accept it like Hoshizora no Memoria's plothole as the power of MAGIC.

Tomoyo After is more of the same, living with Tomoyo (with H this time, yay!) and dealing with family again. We get a bunch of new characters and the pace is somehow slower than Clannad. Again, I found myself looking for other characters from Clannad, but aside from Tomoya's father (whose sprite somehow changed), there isn't anyone else (I really thought Nagisa was the girl at the bottom of the hill... Oh and Dango. :p). But there isn't any convenient magic this time to fix everything. That makes me appreciate far more Tomoyo's efforts for Tomoya and the sacrifices she made for his sake.

The only thing I hated is the troll ending, with the reader actually thinking Tomoya died and the stupid anticlimactic "Forest Bear" username.

To be honest, neither Tomoyo nor Nagisa interest me, although in the real world someone like Tomoyo would be my ideal girlfriend and Nagisa is waaaaay too cute not to fall in love with. What I really want is a Kyou Afterstory, with Ryou and Kappei appearing and a bunch of other stuff. I guess at the end of the day, I really do like tsunderes. And the fact that she appears in Clannad Afterstory and still bullies Tomoya probably means that she still feels something for him. If Afterstory continued without THAT hitch, we could have found them ending up together in the long run.

To wrap this up, I'll play the role of Mr. Obvious and say that Jun Maeda is one exceptional writer and he really brings out the tears out of anyone who reads Key VNs. This makes me look forward to Rewrite being fully translated by God Ixrec.

Clannad gets a score of 9.2/10 from me

Tomoyo After gets 8.5/10

wow a 9/10 is really a high score for you to give, and I think it's right. Awesome stuff indeed!

Desu ne? But now I've to read a shitty visual novel so that I can enjoy the next good visual novel without having steins;gate in my mind...uuhhh...

Does this make any sense? I hope so.

Desu ne? But now I've to read a shitty visual novel so that I can enjoy the next good visual novel without having steins;gate in my mind...uuhhh...

Does this make any sense? I hope so.

it does, even through I'm really enjoying MLA so far. I can't help compare it with umineko no koru ni which I played before that and loved even more (SO FAR)... It's a lesson for the next time I guess...

finished Haruka and Yuka route in never7. Its not as good as ever17, but its pretty good nevertheless. The pacing suffers in some parts of the game, and in haruka route(especially the second half) the dialogues between haruka and makoto feel rushed in order to compensate for the pacing. Lots of endings left

Finished Koori's route in Hinatabokko. May go back to it when I am done with everything to do Natsuki's route next.

Dunno why but this game was somehow enjoyable.

Also, Suzuno is hot.

Finished playing G-Senjou no Maou. The ending made me cry full force.

So you finally understood the real purpose of tissues eh?

Finished Otoboku three days ago. Ok, not the whole game, just two routes, but I don't like the other characters that much, therefore I don't want to play it any further. Somehow I really want something like G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Majikoi, Snow Sakura or something like that ... my last five VN were only just nukige, trap or something else, somehow it get's boring :D

Now: Pure Girl ... I have to play it through, no matter what -_-

Grisaia no Kajitsu... all done at last...

tried to install "something"... but failed on the nodvd patch 20 times today...

next on my "to do" list is muv luv but still can't find the urge to read/play it...damn...

maybe I'll go for Duel Savior now...

Grisaia no Kajitsu... all done at last...

tried to install "something"... but failed on the nodvd patch 20 times today...

next on my "to do" list is muv luv but still can't find the urge to read/play it...damn...

maybe I'll go for Duel Savior now...

Grisaia! Insolence!;)

Edited by radiantmadness