What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Chaos;Head and im not really sure if i liked it or not..

The story has it moments, but i didnt enjoy the good/bad hallucinations that was implemented instead of actual choices.. Not even sure if they meant anything?

The main character annoyed the hell out of me with all his whining and self pity, and i think the story would have been better if they made him more "normal"

Id rate it a 7 out of 10. Somehow i kept reading even though it took me a while to complete it.

Good parts: Sena, Ayase, Yua, Rimi, the old cop.

Bad parts: Protagonist, Nanami, The Seira doll, the hallucinations.

i didnt enjoy the good/bad hallucinations that was implemented instead of actual choices..

The delusion system is the best part imo.

Not even sure if they meant anything?

Of course it means something! You've to choose the right ones to get certain ends.

The main character annoyed the hell out of me with all his whining and self pity, and i think the story would have been better if they made him more "normal"

Other than his terrible voice, he's an awesome protag. Didn't you noticed his character development at the later part of the VN? Takumi character is realistic and resembled a normal human, and this is a good change after we have been feed with too many determined/shounen type MC. :p

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Finished Ever17 yesterday. Doing the last route in 1 sitting was really tiresome, had some get some long sleep afterwards.

It's the 2nd VN I gave a full score, I just can't find any faults in it without really nitpicking. The structure was great, the buildup ever better, there wasn't any characters I didn't like and the conclusion (true route) was just something else.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna get me some chicken sandwiches and elevator tuna. *pukes*

Edited by killerinsidee
Fucking spoiler! Udizzle, d-d-don't tell me you haven't read G-senjou yet...

If you haven't, just rest assured. Most people figured that one out after reading 40% of G-senjou. It's not the biggest revelation in the game imo. Game's not ruined, much.

yup i did its Dengeki Stryker all over again lol now i have to wait another 2-3 months so i'll forget and then consider wanting to play it ;_;

yup i did its Dengeki Stryker all over again lol now i have to wait another 2-3 months so i'll forget and then consider wanting to play it ;_;

Oh shit, you got spoiled on Dengeki too. :(

But for G-Senjou, I'll say just go ahead and play it. It's too popular and there's a very high chance (I'm not exaggerating) that you will get spoil on it again. And if you get another heavy spoiler, most of its moment might not have the same impact anymore. -.- VN such as this should be given top priority, especially since spoiler is their biggest enemies.

The delusion system is the best part imo.

Of course it means something! You've to choose the right ones to get certain ends.

Other than his terrible voice, he's an awesome protag. Didn't you noticed his character development at the later part of the VN? Takumi character is realistic and resembled a normal human, and this is a good change after we have been feed with too many determined/shounen type MC. :p

I dont mind the fact that the protagonist is a coward and scared of dieing. What i dont like is his selfpity and his whining. I agree that we could use some more realistic protagonists, but they could make them better than this dude.

Aaaaand no matter what you say, those delutions suck :p I read about them today, and apparently there is only one special ending connected to them, which is only accessible after completing the game once.. Is that correct?

Oh shit, you got spoiled on Dengeki too. :(

But for G-Senjou, I'll say just go ahead and play it. It's too popular and there's a very high chance (I'm not exaggerating) that you will get spoil on it again. And if you get another heavy spoiler, most of its moment might not have the same impact anymore. -.- VN such as this should be given top priority, especially since spoiler is their biggest enemies.

i would give it top priority but i want to give visual novels of that caliber my utmost total attention...but right now i cant give it the attention it deserves =/

I dont mind the fact that the protagonist is a coward and scared of dieing. What i dont like is his selfpity and his whining.

I think the writer did a good job in portraying Takumi personal traits.

I agree that we could use some more realistic protagonists, but they could make them better than this dude.

This isn't really a good point since they can always make a better job than their current work. Hell, they could even create a better character than Usami, Saber and Moriken for all I know, so what? (I believe Houzuki can't be rivaled though.)

I hope your dissatisfactory with the main protag is based on an actual flaw rather than him not being what you wanted him to be. :p

Aaaaand no matter what you say, those delutions suck :p

You said you dislike the delusion system that was used instead of actual choices. Like there would be any different if they replace it with the usual choice system...

Personally, the delusion system is the best part partially cuz it's unique. : P

I read about them today, and apparently there is only one special ending connected to them, which is only accessible after completing the game once.. Is that correct?

I told you it meant something, didn't I? "You've to choose the right ones to get certain end."

i would give it top priority but i want to give visual novels of that caliber my utmost total attention...but right now i cant give it the attention it deserves =/

I see. Yea, I've the same problem too with Ever 17 and MLA. I don't think I've the attention and determination to read a long VN, given that life and work is keeping me busy. :/ (I don't know how long it's gonna take me to finish rewrite.)

I see. Yea, I've the same problem too with Ever 17 and MLA. I don't think I've the attention and determination to read a long VN, given that life and work is keeping me busy. :/ (I don't know how long it's gonna take me to finish rewrite.)

Well I hope you find enough "relaxing time" somewhere down the line to tackle those VNs. At this point, I bet you can guess how good they actually are, based on what's been said by others and all that. ^^

10's from me for those two specific titles that you mentioned... the only ones so far!

About G-Senjou from before: Just don't play it if you're new to such games ... man, it was my 2nd VN and now I just get disappointed from 95% of the other games, because my expectations are to high -_-

And the last one I played was Slave Witch April ... really, I just don't know why I'm playing such titles like Boob Wars, Slave Witch April etc. ... in the end it's just a waste of time, nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Sharin no Kuni a few weeks ago. I have to say that my expectation for this VN was actually quite high. In fact, it was so high that I’m genuinely afraid that it might not be able to fulfill it. Perhaps, this is the downside when you start following good writers, and read most of their works. You will start to expect a certain level of quality from them and are disappointed if you don’t get it. Nevertheless, quite to my amusement, Sharin did somehow ends up reaching my expectation most of the time. Looseboy did a great job with the storyline, scenario, and plot, while succeed in making me cared about what happens to each of the characters in Sharin. It has also made me think and realized a few important stuff, though what’s it is about I can’t write it here, unfortunately. It is for the readers to find out themselves. After all, different people will have a different perception.

Some of the criticism that I have for Sharin was that a few of the important moments, mainly in chapter 3, is a bit too formulaic, like some sort of a pattern, and it was getting really predictable. Chapter 3 also suffers from being longer than it should have been, since some scenes felt like it drags on far too long. The CGs qualities aren't exactly top-notch either.

[spoiler= A rant for Sharin no Kuni]

Chapter 1 - As an opening chapter, it did a pretty good job introducing each character in the story and setting up everything nicely for the latter parts while keeping the readers entertain with its fair share of comedy.

7/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 2 – (Sachi’s chapter) It's complicated how this end up being my most favorite chapter in the whole game. Seriously, I can’t give any objective or rational reasons for it. If anything, Chapter 2 really challenges my patience, and it keeps pushing my limit that it makes me sick. However, by the end of it, it was so beautifully rewarding, and I felt really impressed.

8/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 3 – (Touka’s chapter) Its kind of like the story is going nowhere most of the time, and plagued by predictability and repetition, Looseboy trick doesn't carry the same impact like it originally did in Sachi’s chapter.

5.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 4 – (Natsumi’s chapter) I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the backstory. Oh and, Houzuki is a badass!

8.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Also, curse Demonman101 for spoiling me on one of the most original and key moments in this VN. You damn motherfucker!

Chapter 5 – Awesome. The best chapter in this VN. Nuff said.

9.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Heroine Ending(s)-

From good to downright sucks:

Touka>Natsumi>Harem>Sachi>Ririko

Sachi's end is too damn predictable. Ririko’s ending are very disappointing that I raged quite a bit after I'd read it. It was so stupid. Overall, I'm not satisfied with some of the heroines endings at all.

Art & CGs - I don't really like it, and the CGs aren't exactly good either.

This two are my favorites though.

http://i.imgur.com/azZp2Yh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w4EqTYO.jpg

Sound, Music, BGM, - Again, I'm not really fond with the music either.

Nevertheless, I loved this three songs.

[video=youtube;YpMewIMT-Q0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMewIMT-Q0

Seiyuu - Wakamoto and Sumika~~! The rest of the cast did a really great job too. This is definitely one of the game strong points.

"Gyafun~~"

Overall score: 9/10 (Excellent)

[spoiler= A rant for Sharin no Kuni]

Chapter 1 - As an opening chapter, it did a pretty good job introducing each character in the story and setting up everything nicely for the latter parts while keeping the readers entertain with its fair share of comedy.

7/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 2 – (Sachi’s chapter) It's complicated how this end up being my most favorite chapter in the whole game. Seriously, I can’t give any objective or rational reasons for it. If anything, Chapter 2 really challenges my patience, and it keeps pushing my limit that it makes me sick. However, by the end of it, it was so beautifully rewarding, and I felt really impressed.

8/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 3 – (Touka’s chapter) Its kind of like the story is going nowhere most of the time, and plagued by predictability and repetition, Looseboy trick doesn't carry the same impact like it originally did in Sachi’s chapter.

5.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Chapter 4 – (Natsumi’s chapter) I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the backstory. Oh and, Houzuki is a badass!

8.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Also, curse Demonman101 for spoiling me on one of the most original and key moments in this VN. You damn motherfucker!

Chapter 5 – Awesome. The best chapter in this VN. Nuff said.

9.5/10 (This is the score for the chapter and NOT the score for the whole VN)

Heroine Ending(s)-

From good to downright sucks:

Touka>Natsumi>Harem>Sachi>Ririko

Sachi's end is too damn predictable. Ririko’s ending are very disappointing that I raged quite a bit after I'd read it. It was so stupid. Overall, I'm not satisfied with some of the heroines endings at all.

Art & CGs - I don't really like it, and the CGs aren't exactly good either.

This two are my favorites though.

http://i.imgur.com/azZp2Yh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w4EqTYO.jpg

Sound, Music, BGM, - Again, I'm not really fond with the music either.

Nevertheless, I loved this three songs.

[video=youtube;YpMewIMT-Q0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMewIMT-Q0

Seiyuu - Wakamoto and Sumika~~! The rest of the cast did a really great job too. This is definitely one of the game strong points.

"Gyafun~~"

Overall score: 9/10 (Excellent)

It's been a while since I read Sharin, but I agree with most of what you said for me Sachi's chapter had the biggest impact, Touka's was weak compared to Sachi's as it didn't have the same punch but I think it's mainly do out of the fact that Sachi's came first and that is why it felt that much weaker to you, Natsumi's for me was even weaker than Touka's the only part that was truly impacted me was her past and while some of the later stuff was also strong I still feel it was weaker than Touka's and overall even more predictable and really I just personally dislike her kind of weakness in a character, and as far as the last chapter goes it was awesome; I was so so tense when

Houzuki had them in prison and I got even tenser when it looked like Kenichi was capitulating

Last thing: HOW COULD YOU NOT PUT THE MENU MUSIC AS ONE OF SONGS YOU LIKED??!?!?!?!?

Finished Sharin no Kuni a few weeks ago.

I agree with some of your points. Chapter 4 + Chapter 5 were my favorite chapters in this VN.

Although Natsumi was my favorite

[spoiler=SharinNoKuni] Why didn't you like Ririko’s ending? That's actually the ending where he can actually make a HUGE difference and actually reform society and perhaps have a society where obligations don't dictate your lifestyle