What You Hate The Most In Eroge

Here's mine:

A plain and boring story with nothing special to it. If it makes you sleepy, then you know something is up. The pacing could be wrong, or it's just uninteresting in general. It needs to have something good to it. But hey, we all read VNs/eroges for different reasons. I read it for the storytelling primarily, so this is obviously the biggest problem for me.

lol i can imagine how it is like though, i'm craving for good storyline myself, but like you just say each one is different, and there is some which i know thats have very lame and boring start but give out one hell of surprise later on, or vice versa

but you know there is still plenty which i'm still not play yet so i'm looking forward to it

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i reading VN i throw all of logic and sense away and became brainless, coz i think the only way to enjoy it is like "just go with the flow"

I just go with the flow and "game over" 3 times already just in Chihaya route only.Choice from KEY are really hard to guess.I think I need to guess more.GRRRRRRR~~Kotarou is still frustrating even now.GRRRRRR~~~~~*take a huge breath*Woo,finally calm down.I think I need to learn it hard way through rewrite.

Clannad and Steins;Gate taught me this

Clannad and Steins Gate go in one flow.But rewrite is different.It is like watching a man-action show suddenly changed into girl-action show.Even though u know the flow,it is hard to accept.

I hate it when a good one ends. You spend days getting yourselves attached to these characters and feeling all these emotions, then the game is over and you're left with an empty feeling, kind of like they disappear from your life.

So u like never-ending game ?

"A game without ending are really painful.No matter how sad it may be,reaching the ending gives a feeling of accomplishment" By Haruyuki (accel world)

There are a lot of things in visual novels that I hate, but the number 1 pet peeve of mine is the average male protagonist. The leading male is usually a pure and unrealistically super nice guy that always does the right thing. No matter what the female characters do to him, he always forgives them without question. It's common for the leading male to allow himself to be used and abused by the female characters and never get angry about it. In games such as Da capo this trait is so bad that it makes me want to puke. In real life, a guy like this would never be popular among girls. No one wants to be with someone you can constantly walk all over without any repercussions.

• 1 year later...

the biggest thing i hate is thinking that i may see the true story in quite a few visual novels because they were done by western companies and while i have tried to learn the japanese language my level is reduced to a few spoken words, a very basic conversation, and nowhere near the level needed to play a game in real-time. Written words are way beyond me if i do not want to spend alot of time on a paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...
There are a lot of things in visual novels that I hate, but the number 1 pet peeve of mine is the average male protagonist. The leading male is usually a pure and unrealistically super nice guy that always does the right thing. No matter what the female characters do to him, he always forgives them without question. It's common for the leading male to allow himself to be used and abused by the female characters and never get angry about it. In games such as Da capo this trait is so bad that it makes me want to puke. In real life, a guy like this would never be popular among girls. No one wants to be with someone you can constantly walk all over without any repercussions.

Sadist. Girlfriend.