What You Hate The Most In Eroge

Ok I have played a lot of eroge and VN's.The thing I hate the most is

(Normally the first girl your meet in the story is the true heroine.)

I hate that so much,and most of the time I have no interest in her route.On top of that she has more story than the rest of the girls, when I don't even care.

The topping on the cake is that she almost never has anything that makes her unique,and she normally looks bland with no unique features (not all the time.)

I like to start seeing the destruction of the first girl you meet so she is the true heroine b.s

Make them all equal!

Edited by Breakthrough
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I believe in Edelweiss the first girl you meet isn't the main heroine

anyway moving on to my hate....

After thinking for a while notthing came up, may be I very tired for working and driving around

so next time then if something up

First girl is always going to make the most impression all subsequent heroines will have to make a bigger impression to displace your focus on the first girl. From a design point of view it makes sense to make the main heroine the first girl and the side heroines have some other interesting factor i.e. mysterious, better looking or obligatory loli.

I really hate how most visual novels handle the way to the first sex scene.

Confessing --> 2min --> Kiss --> 2min --> Sex

What the fuck? Sorry but that's for me just way too fast.

I also hate when there are too much h's because they tend to destroy the flow of the story.

When I can't pick the interesting looking side girl who is the main characters friend or the friend of one of the route girls.

Oh yeah I totally forgot to mention this. Sayuri...whyyyyy?????

Edited by OneManArmy

I dislike having a route where you help someone else get a girl. Let's say, your 'best-friend'x'heroine'.. Clearing a heroine who has a two or more routes where one of them ends up with her getting a happy ending with another guy, and you still staying single just ruins my mood..

Also:

First girl is always going to make the most impression all subsequent heroines will have to make a bigger impression to displace your focus on the first girl. From a design point of view it makes sense to make the main heroine the first girl and the side heroines have some other interesting factor i.e. mysterious, better looking or obligatory loli.

When I can't pick the interesting looking side girl who is the main characters friend or the friend of one of the route girls.

Ok I have played a lot of eroge and VN's.The thing I hate the most is

(Normally the first girl your meet in the story is the true heroine.)

I hate that so much,and most of the time I have no interest in her route.On top of that she has more story than the rest of the girls, when I don't even care.

The topping on the cake is that she almost never has anything that makes her unique,and she normally looks bland with no unique features (not all the time.)

I like to start seeing the destruction of the first girl you meet so she is the true heroine b.s

Make them all equal!

IF THE FINAL BATTLE IN ADVENTURE THEMED VN FINISH WITHIN 10 LINES.

and the Sh*tty way the writer use to end the story. it destroy what should be a great story.:mad:

I agree with you guys

There is barely anything I really hate in Eroge, I guess.

But one thing I definitely hate is, that there are often characters which are totally appealing to me,

but don't have a route written for them :(

Gladly, there tend to be "sequels" for games, that add more routes to an already finished game though.

Another thing I don't like is, how you often have to clear the 5 main heroine's routes, to unlock certain other routes.

I already mentioned in one thread here, that I only read the routes I like, and now see for example Da Capo.

I only liked one of the 5 main Heroines, and Miharu.

And since I wanted to read Miharus route so badly, I had to read through 4 other routes, which really didn't interest me one little bit.

I actually just skipped through them, without reading them.. (And Miharu's route was totally touching, in my opinion)

And another thing, which "OneManArmy" already mentioned.

The moment you confess your love to each other, really shouldn't be minutes away from your first sex..

That is just way too rushed.

i hate it the main heroine is a timid, good for nothing girl. most of the MCs are weak, and incompetent. and now they are paired with a timid girl? that will made the story boring.

this is also my reason for not picking clannad true ending route.

ooh, never thought of this before.

There are many things I dislike, but what I really hate is eyeless protagonist. The authors really want me to associate myself with that blind mutant? This one thing I refuse from the core of my being.

Only if there are no cg's and the whole game is voiced with perfect English voice-acting. Also I might buy myself a keyboard with braille just to get into it.

I haven't had a lot of experience with VN's i've only played 10 so far and my biggest problem with them is that some of them had problems "forced" onto the story with really no background on how it started as a problem like after you get into a route poof the heroine is depressed cuz of problem X and they don't really tell you what happened in detail. I like it when the problems are progressed through the story instead of it being a past trauma that they mention in the last minute.

I hate them making me actually read the MC's dialog cause only he isn't voiced :( then again, i understand where they're trying to get @...

also, rushed endings O_O...It's like, you go into a side characters route and after 1 sex scene, POOF, 10 years later and THE END. Really?

i don't really hate that, but dammit that makes me sad, i knew the first girl is the true heroine since a long time ago, and it did sadden me when i watch Toradora, or Infinite Stratos, dammit.. the most wonderful girl can't get the most wonderful story imo..

but the thing i hate the most in eroge is.. gangrape.. i want to kill each man who gangrape my girls!

I really hate one type of heroin in eroge/visual novel. The type of character who, for whatever reason seems to be a constant in any eroge/visual novel, the one who most of the time ends up to be the heroin MC will end up with if an anime version of the game is made. Character like Nemu (from Da Capo), Kaede (from Shuffle, and even more so when you learn about how much of a b*tch she was in the past), Kirari (from Kira Kira), Sumika (from Muv Luv),... In fact you could say that I hate most of the "main heroin" types, they're always supposed to be the main selling point of a visual novel/eroge but in 80% of the time they always end up to be the character I like the least (or rather the character whose route I won't bother reading if I can help it).

^this, I agree

hmm..let see..

I hate it when the main protagonist is such a wimp, indecisive one..., like the one from School Days, I kept filling the love gauge to the longhaired girl(his crush, forgot her name..)...when he already in a relationship with her.., he suddenly realizes his out-of-nowhere love to his classmate who supported him on his conquest(lol, conquest)..I just like, "to hell with this!" and deleted it, 7 Gigs download and get nothing but disappointment..

I think, its just me but, I hate it too when I felt that one of the heroine is more suitable(more cute to see..) with one of the protag's friend..like Kurugaya and Kyousuke from Little Busters!..

Hmm, Netorare maybe..but, usually I avoid this kind of story, so I haven't encountered any...or maybe I just forgot..

I really hate how most visual novels handle the way to the first sex scene.

Confessing --> 2min --> Kiss --> 2min --> Sex

What the fuck? Sorry but that's for me just way too fast.

I also hate when there are too much h's because they tend to destroy the flow of the story.

Definitely agree with this. It's ridiculous. "I like you. Let's have sex." - and they do this with characters that you've been slowly building up a relationship with, but then as soon as there are mutual feelings you go straight to sex? I hate when they do this.

I agree with the second part as well; too many h-scenes can get in the way of the story. But that doesn't necessarily happen just because there are a lot of h-scenes - it can be done well.