Anyone else bought/pirated the game?

I just picked up a copy, finally can continue the story with my 6 different shepard's ;)

This thread is for discussing the game. Add SPOILER tags for "sensitive information" for those who haven't played it yet.

Also: if anyone has it on PC and want to try out that co-op multiplayer thing, let me know and i'll add you on "Origin :(", yes i know f*ckin origin.... ;)

ENDING SPOILER

The ending of ME3 suck ballz

Edited by Caelistas
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played demo some time ago and my only reaction was wtf is this? I really liked action RPG 1, I kind of enjoyed action like rpg 2 but 3 is only action. Will have to pirate it someday and find out if it's worth buying because demo didn't look fine.

I want this game (and I will probably pick it up this weekend) but I'm already playing Koihime Musou by myself, MW3 with friends every other day, I put Skyrim on hold but I should really go back and play it some more, I have 2 lists of VNs and anime to consume and both are a mile long, and of course I have to keep my GPA where it should be for 4 lectures and a lab. Not to mention I haven't played Mass Effect 2 in a long time and I really should go play it again to remember what's going on lol. If only I didn't need to sleep!

I want this game (and I will probably pick it up this weekend) but I'm already playing Koihime Musou by myself, MW3 with friends every other day, I put Skyrim on hold but I should really go back and play it some more, I have 2 lists of VNs and anime to consume and both are a mile long, and of course I have to keep my GPA where it should be for 4 lectures and a lab. Not to mention I haven't played Mass Effect 2 in a long time and I really should go play it again to remember what's going on lol. If only I didn't need to sleep!

I know exactly what you mean :p

dont think spoilers work sooooo

(highlight text below)

MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDINGS IN A GAME EVER imo such bs you can look up the other endings and there's not much variation between them it was like all the decisions you made throughout the entire series meant nothing you end up not knowing if over half the people you know live or die, your love interest and joker/vega (some variation here) become a new adam and eve and only in the "Secret" ending do you see "Shepard" "alive" but still get the same bs cinematic with a old man telling some boy about how cool you are /rageeeeeeeeeeeeee and then tomorrow comes and I'm over it cause bioware is just so bad now imo sorry for the horribly put together rant but I needed to vent :p

dont think spoilers work sooooo

(highlight text below)

MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDINGS IN A GAME EVER imo such bs you can look up the other endings and there's not much variation between them it was like all the decisions you made throughout the entire series meant nothing you end up not knowing if over half the people you know live or die, your love interest and joker/vega (some variation here) become a new adam and eve and only in the "Secret" ending do you see "Shepard" "alive" but still get the same bs cinematic with a old man telling some boy about how cool you are /rageeeeeeeeeeeeee and then tomorrow comes and I'm over it cause bioware is just so bad now imo sorry for the horribly put together rant but I needed to vent :p

Yup that was my spoiler aswell. Just check out the Bioware forums, everyone is raging like crazy.

Yup that was my spoiler aswell. Just check out the Bioware forums, everyone is raging like crazy.

went to the bioware forums right after that post and it does seem that most are upset about it wtb mai cheese ending!!! (which is pretty dumb that I will have to buy my cheese ending : /)

everything up till the end was epic though imo

well even the ending was good but kinda crappy that I was forced into it basically

Edited by theonewhoknows

Im in the middle of ME3 right now but from what i've heard from pretty much everyone is to stop the game when you see a white platform raising up lol. I'm not even sure i should finish this game.. i definitely don't want a bad ending ruining the entire trilogy. Also, the journals absolutely suck in this game. You literally have no clue about what item you got and for which missions.. they don't update like ME1 or ME2 did. Lastly, i know some of the side missions are "timed" story wise. I accidentally got locked out of a couple of side missions because I did a priority mission instead. Will i still be able to get the "good" ending without playing multiplayer?

3, and they all suck, are incosistent, and end without any decent explanation.

Lol, already +30K people have voted for extra/different ME3 endings (including me)

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Spoilers maybe

highlight text below

Ok so I did another play through this time as a renegade shep and the ending was A LOT easier to swallow even with all the plot holes. the whole bittersweet ending wasn't a bad idea but they definitively dropped the ball on this one overall, basically making your choices mean nothing. so for now I approve of a ending where Shepard dies just not the poorly put together "star child" who controls all the reapers when the reapers are suppose to be their own entity and how Shepard basically becomes and total pussy for some reason and takes like a bitch WHY THE FUCK WAS JOKER RUNNING FROM THE FIGHT WTF!!1111!!!??? lol still want my white picket fence with blue children :(

sorry for the double post but instead focusing on the (shit ending)

what was your favorite part of a otherwise 10/10 game imo

HTB

First for me has to be the Thresher Maw Vs a Reaper

Second is when the Qaurians and Geth start to live in peace

and I almost cried on my paragon play through when Thane died and his son told Shepard the prayer was meant for him

I could go on and on but before I list them all I'm curious as to what others liked aswell

The ending was crap i was expecting much more, well at least the coop is good.

Too much fanboys on BSN so i will say loud here "THE ENDING IS CRAP".

That´s my opinion.

I think there are more people upset about the ending then fanboys to defend Bioware even game sites are starting to agree with what I think is the vast majority and not the vocal minority

Copy pasted from Goatman42 on Biowares forums WTF IF THIS IS TRUE WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE IT???????????????

and mass effect 2 has nothing on mass effect 3 if you exclude the ending imo

HTB (lots of it)****spoilers****

Some guy on gamefaq claims to know the original way Mass Effect 3 was suppose to play out. No idea if its true but I can tell you its way better then what we got.

After checking these boards, bioware forums, the twitters of various people involved with the game, audio file rips as well as some information I've gathered from other sources, I decided to talk with someone who used to run their own review website who still has ties to some people in the video game industry. That includes Bioware (they had sent him early review copies of the first ME). Anyway that's not what's important. The point is what I'm about to say you can take with a grain of salt if you want. I'm not here for attention or because I'm a fanboy of bioware. I'm simply here to help you all make sense of this situation. It will make a lot of sense and put the little things you've all found together. The reasoning for the ending change was they needed more time to implement it (this was supposed to be the reason for the delay) but Kinect implementation and the desire by some people (perhaps EA) to have an ending where things are left to interpretation messed with this. The ending was quickly altered which is why things don't "fit" and there are plot holes. Anyway, below is how things were supposed to happen.

The original ending was SUPPOSED to be extremely varied. Everything remained the same up until the part when Harbinger shoots at you and your team. This is when information that has appeared here already comes into play. There were going to be various outcomes determining how you reached the citadel and it was HOW you got there that determined what endings would be available to you. The following were the different scenarios from worst to best (based on EMS and war assets)

A: Your whole squad gets wiped out (the two crew members you took with you, Anderson). You struggle to make it to the citadel. Right as you're about to make it to the beam, Harbinger talks to you, saying you've been defeated and he kills you. Joker tries to swoop down to save you, but he also gets shot down.

B: Most of your squad gets wiped out. Still only you are able to make it to the citadel. Once up there, you must confront the illusive man alone. Because of this, unless you have high reputation and either talk him down or renegade interrupt and shoot him, he kills you and tries to control the reapers, but fails as he discovers he was indoctrinated.

C: You and Anderson make it up to the citadel together and make your way to the control panel where you confront TIM. The same thing plays out where you can talk him down. With high enough reputation, you can "save" Anderson but its not necessary for you to make it to the next part. Anderson dies after TIM is shot or kills himself like in the ending we got.

D: You and Anderson make it up to the citadel together while you're two squad maters, who clearly survive, are holding off the reapers from following you to the citadel. Everything continues the same here as "C" until after TIM is shot and killed and the final conversation that Anderson and Shepard have (which is much longer than what we got). You get the shorter convo in C.

[The following you only see with outcome "C' and "D"] Shepard looks out at the war going on and activates the crucible. Hacketts says its not working. This is when Harbinger talks to Shepard through TIM as he lies on the ground. Harbinger tries to convince you that you've fail but you can argue with him. Harbinger says that he has your crew in his cross hairs. We see the Normandy arrive (the joker dialogue that was cut) and the rest of your friends help the two squad members you brought with you face off against Harbinger and his reaper minions.

You basically have a choice. You can submit to him and he claims he will spare your squad and earth until the next cycle because he is impressed that you were able to make it this far. This is when the motive of the reapers is more clearly established. Harbinger reveals that in the previous cycle, the prothean empire became too vast and they began to control all the other races, which would have prevented all of our races from developing. However, through more discussion, Shepard can uncover their true motives. They fear that they will be rivaled by something more powerful than they are (that this cycle will create AI that can topple the reapers). This implies they are merely fearful for their own survival and that is why they purge all life but they convince themselves they are protecting us.

Either way, you can submit to him and save your people or take your chances. Having 4000 EMS, not submitting to him you would lose everyone, but still eventually get to the three choices we actually got (more on this in a second). Having 5000+ and depending on how you resolved conflicts between characters and races, certain people will live or die.

After rejecting him (whether you lose everyone or not), you end up in the area where vent boy was but hes not there. It's just you and "Harbinger". He explains that a new solution is needed. The solution he tries to convince you to take is merge (to perseve his kind). But if you have high enough reputation once again, you can open the control and destroy option. Harbinger tries to talk you out of it by discussing how your races are divided and mentioning the geth incident. You convince him otherwise, and it is at this point, the control option opens next where he admits that shepard may have a perspective he never considered. Harbinger tells Shepard that if he destroys them, the relays will be destroyed as will the geth (which is true. This is the only ending where the relays are destroyed).

Now for the four endings.

If you submit to him before the three main choices, the reapers leave earth but end up wiping out every other race who haven't proved themselves worthy. Shepard dies.

If you merge, the reapers leave and like the ending we got, we see all the characters we know with green eyes as a green light brightens the sky. Shepard dies for the same reasons in the ending we got.

The control option, the reapers leave. Everyone cautiously celebrates while joker and your LI look up to the sky and wonder what exactly happened. Life goes on but its hinted that the reaper threat may return. This ending ends on a cliffhanger.

The destroy ending does destroy the relays, but its implied that with all the races on earth, they, together, will restore what they lost and will attempt to work together. if shepard lives, your LI leading your squad, will be looking for you. You are beamed back down to earth (its assumed shepard was somehow blasted into the beam? this is the only questionable part). It ends with shepard's hand coming out of the rubble and breathing. Still a cliffhanger of sorts, but you can assume they will find him/her obviously.

Not sure if this is true but **** that would have been way better! Also, if this is true, then Bioware must have the unfinished assets and they should go finish the ****ing thing!!

Everything thing that happen in Mass Effect 3 the was great! It was 1 and 2 combined game play wise, loved it and everything up until the end.Seem like they didn't plain a head with the Reaper back story

The Ending sucked because you didn't see anything about the squad after the end and that is B.S

(If they would have done a 5 years later movie that would have been fantastic.Then keep the after credits clip at the end with the kid)....Then I would have ignored the reaper back story.

But they should have known better.

That the endings would piss off Mass Effect Fans!

I'm not playing anymore I really wanted to do the other Romances but because of the end Fu*k it! ......... Good that I played on Insanity.

Spoiler Alert :................ If you have not finished the game!

Ps. Did anyone find the reaper back story was lacking and didn't make sense.And if you didn't kill the geth and help them evolve that the reaper back story doesn't fit.That proves it wrong right their organic and synthetic working together side by side (EDI too that also disproves their stroy).And what the hell is that logic to keep organic and synthetic from going to war and killing each other.We kill everything! (That is total B.S)

Edited by Breakthrough
Everything thing that happen in Mass Effect 3 the was great! It was 1 and 2 combined game play wise, loved it and everything up until the end.Seem like they didn't plain a head with the Reaper back story

The Ending sucked because you didn't see anything about the squad after the end and that is B.S

(If they would have done a 5 years later movie that would have been fantastic.Then keep the after credits clip at the end with the kid)....Then I would have ignored the reaper back story.

But they should have known better.

That the endings would piss off Mass Effect Fans!

I'm not playing anymore I really wanted to do the other Romances but because of the end Fu*k it! ......... Good that I played on Insanity.

Spoiler Alert :................ If you have not finished the game!

Ps. Did anyone find the reaper back story was lacking and didn't make sense.And if you didn't kill the geth and help them evolve that the reaper back story doesn't fit.That proves it wrong right their organic and synthetic working together side by side (EDI too that also disproves their stroy).And what the hell is that logic to keep organic and synthetic from going to war and killing each other.We kill everything! (That is total B.S)

I know, don't try to make any sense of the ending, it's just complete utter shit.

All your choices from ME1& ME2 are useless because of those endings. I wanted to see what happened to all the different races after the war and what became of galactic civilization but nooo Bioware had to fuck up the end of a trilogy.

Also why the hell where my squadmates, who were with me when i was running towards that lightbeam, suddenly transported to the normandy at the end?

I know, don't try to make any sense of the ending, it's just complete utter shit.

All your choices from ME1& ME2 are useless because of those endings. I wanted to see what happened to all the different races after the war and what became of galactic civilization but nooo Bioware had to fuck up the end of a trilogy.

Also why the hell where my squadmates, who were with me when i was running towards that lightbeam, suddenly transported to the normandy at the end?

I know that is B.S, "beam me up".O wait different space story.They were in the middle of a hot zone even the Normandy would not have been able to pick them up they were trapped by reapers.

I just wanted a 5 years later ending.

Or were they trying to pull a Fable and mess up a great game.

I think they rushed it and were just in a hurry to put it out.

I think they rushed it and were just in a hurry to put it out.

same thing with swtor they rushed it since it was Christmas and released a game missing tons of features and bugged all to hell

pretty sure EA is leaning on them to do this and make as much money as possible I mean just look at the dlc for the first day of mass effect 3 release who does that?