Your favorite visual novel?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually already a thread for this located here. Kind of pointless to make a thread for favorite non-eroge and one for just eroge (most people mix them up anyways). Maybe merge the threads and rename to make it include all VNs in general.

I'm going to play that next too, now I'm looking forward to it.

Definitely look forward to it, it's better than BioShock: Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Kingdoms of Amalur. It's gonna win the Game of the Year award.

Definitely look forward to it, it's better than BioShock: Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Kingdoms of Amalur. It's gonna win the Game of the Year award.

It better live up to that review... :)

There's actually already a thread for this located here. Kind of pointless to make a thread for favorite non-eroge and one for just eroge (most people mix them up anyways). Maybe merge the threads and rename to make it include all VNs in general.

Well, that thread was burried back on page 3 so it is not surprising this was made again.

And "eroge" is only one part of the medium, albeit a large part, so by calling it a "favorite VN" thread it actually opens it up to both eroge and work safe VNs. (The OP does say it doesn't have to be eroge, but they did not say it couldn't be either)

ON topic: I have to say I have quite a few.

Eroge: Yume Miru Kusuri, Saya no Uta, Kara no Shoujo, Fate/Stay Night

Non-Eroge: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors, Corpse Party, Ace Attorney series, Higurashi/Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

This is just off the top of my head for ones I have finished though.

it's drama :eek:, i don't handle those well

There is some drama, but there are a lot of comedy moments as well. I still encourage you to try it even if drama isn't your cup of tea :D

Didn't see a vote for the fandisc.. did you play it? I encourage you to play it if you haven't... the extra hentai scenes for each character are pretty bad so you don't have to do those but the main route with Houzuki's backstory is pretty awesome.

Edited by desi
There is some drama, but there are a lot of comedy moments as well. I still encourage you to try it even if drama isn't your cup of tea :D

Didn't see a vote for the fandisc.. did you play it? I encourage you to play it if you haven't... the extra hentai scenes for each character are pretty bad so you don't have to do those but the main route with Houzuki's backstory is pretty awesome.

I just finished Sharin no Kuni like 5 days ago, but I'll get to the fandisc soon.

Wow, you ranked it that highly, and I have played a lot of the other games you voted for; if it's that good compared to those games, it must be really good. Everyone seems to think it's really good (except neptune, but that wasn't even a very negative comment), so now I'm really looking forward to it.

Wow, you ranked it that highly, and I have played a lot of the other games you voted for; if it's that good compared to those games, it must be really good. Everyone seems to think it's really good (except neptune, but that wasn't even a very negative comment), so now I'm really looking forward to it.

I have a tendency to overrate games I've just played. Regardless, it's amazing. It's technically a drama, but there are several amazing twists.

Favorite choice: Saya no Uta.

It's probably not the BEST game I've ever played but I just loved every second of playing Saya.

Game I was most addicted to: Sengoku Rance.

On a Friday after class, I started Rance up for the first time with no prior knowledge of it. Sunday night I went to dinner, it was the first time I'd stopped playing other than sleep that weekend. I played through it twice and became a MASSIVE Rance fan, although this is more of a "game" than a visual novel.

• 5 months later...

I simply loved Ever 17 and Fate/Stay Night, they're the best ever. After them, Tsukihime and G-Senjou no Maou were great too. Seasons of the Sakura was a great VN also. Although I would say that True Love is my favorite eroge, but it isn't a VN, it is a Dating Sim, so it doesn't fit the thread.

Although I'm kind of grateful to Sagara Family, since it opened my "path" to recent Visual Novels, even if its story wasn't that great. If it wasn't Sagara, I would only have known the old school stuff, like True Love, Seasons of the Sakura, Virtual Date May Club, Runaway City and Paradise Heights.