Your favorite visual novel?

i'm still putting it on my download list and honestly i'm still curious what will happen next

Well, I would suggest that you download and finish YMK as soon as possible.

It's worth doing that just to finish Aeka route properly. (Though personally, I loved Mizuki route more.)

I think this is a great use of the term "one night stand" - we should make this a thing, the one night stand run.

I absolutely agree.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would suggest that you download and finish YMK as soon as possible.

It's worth doing that just to finish Aeka route properly.

okay i'll put it on top priorities, i'll put duel savior on pending then. since i certainly must thank phantasm for reminding me, that one sure refreshing my memories.

man i'm getting exited

and for this "one night stand" thing feel free to use it ;)

YMK part 1 ...... 5%

Hahaha XD

Crescendo is a vn. What I meant is that I don't like it much for it to be my favorites. lol

yes it is a vn, my bad. I thought i accidentally put a anime in my list. I liked it quite a bit though, especially the background music. The ones in my list are "good", its just that some of them are "very good" and that is where the confusion of favorites come from.

Edit: meh ,this was quite embarrassing.

Edited by pramit

To me, my all time favorite VN has got to be Muv-Luv, the entire trilogy.

Muv-Luv Extra (the intro) was what I was expecting at the time, an over the top silly romance comedy, not great but not bad either.

Muv-Luv Unlimited (the training montage) was a bit of a curve-ball, the disjunction between it and Extra made it interesting and while a lot of the "silly" from extra was still tangibly present it set the tone for the finale.

Muv-Luv Alternative (the finale) Holy shit this one is not only a great story by it's own right, but puts the events of the previous stories in a unique perspective, making the events in Alternative have even more impact, we go from a happy-go-lucky protagonist in a fluffy and fun environment to what can only be described as the training montage into finally the end of the world. The type of stories I like best is where extreme suffering is overcome by strength and resillience, and Muv-Luv delivers that in a way that does so many things right. One of the greatest things about Muv-Luv is not just the story though, to me Muv-Luv defined the VN genre due to it's amazing soundtrack, ambiance and overall atmosphere that a mere book could never acomplish. The events in the story had impact and the characters were surprisingly human. All the fine details are great as well, how Alternative even incorporates the "routes" from the previous games into its core story, and how many events were hinted at in the previous stories.

I acknowledge full well that it is far from perfect, but the sheer impact of the atmosphere and the intricate detail in the storytelling made this the best VN I have read to date.

The sad part is that the journey was so much better than the end... the end meant the amazing journey was over ;_;

I know there are a lot of extra bits to it now, but I'm afraid, knowing how hard it would be for something to get this good.

Atleast it will be a good memory for you. Obvious, I know, but it's nice just remembering that you've experienced some art.

It does on Altered Fable , its Muv luv's fandisc. It goes back to basics though , the old comedy feel of Extra from what it can be reckoned.

i know, but its not translated is it? i didn't like extra's anyway, and the story does not continue from alternative(or has any relation to alternative plot, its just plain old h game)

i know, but its not translated is it? i didn't like extra's anyway, and the story does not continue from alternative(or has any relation to alternative plot, its just plain old h game)

Its being translated. I didnt like extra much anyways except for everything related to sumika and ayamine , as far as continuity from alternative i highly doubt it unless theres something on Kasumi's route that ties in with what happened in Alternative. Regardless ill still read it whenever its out and translated.

I only particularly enjoyed G.senjou's true route , haru's ending + epilogue were the icing on the cake , the sub-heroines plot was median at best compared to the awesomeness of the true route. As for hoshizora , my only beef with it was exactly the opposite. I found its true route rather lacking on something. Other than that , thumbs up. Favorite VNs for me would be Muv Luv series , F/SN , Sharin no Kuni , G-senjou (only because of haru) , Saya no Uta and im reading ever17 now , but its a definite spot on my top 5 as well. Also , Dustmania. *trollface*

• 3 months later...

Fate/Stay Night was my first novel (after the anime made me search for this) so it goes at one of the top of my list. Phoenix Wright Series, 999, Narcissu 1 and 2, Yume Miru Kusuri (I definitely cried alot), Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Kamidori Alchemy Meister (well, I played it for over 200 hours now), Deardrops(Riho's route FTW!), Katawa Shoujo, Koihime Musuo, Kara no Shoujo (for its story but I admit I was scared of looking at the gory CGs), G-Senjou (i cried a lot on Haru's route and the epilogue). These are all not in particular order. Well, I'm still reading Saya no Uta so hope it gets here =D