Do you play VNs using a walkthrough?

Do you use a walkthrough when you play VNs?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a walkthrough when you play VNs?

• Yeah, I use a walkthrough
    • Nope, I don't use a walkthrough
    • It depends on the VN

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I ussualy use a Walkthrough, after I play through on my own once just to see what outcome I get, besides I'm technically a noobie when it come to VNs only beat 100% (according to the CGs) Shuffle! and Clannad, working on Kanon, Fate/stay night, Wanko to Kurasou, and Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (that game is so freaking long)

Also I try to do every route, Hoshikaka is gonna take forever since there isn't a walkthrough for it.

Edited by warrof
That game, I loved it when i first played it, But i had to uninstall due to techinical issues, when i got it again i couldnt skip previous viewed scenes :(

I would love to try and get 100% in it, But i can foresee alot of clicking.

Just press ctrl, it will skip everything. Or just unmark the "Stop on unread text" settings.

And, no, I do not like to use walkthroughs. The only game I really needed one (ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~) I could not find any...

This walkthrough was made after I searched for it, I gave up and did not finish any route back then, though.

And it does not say how to get Rumi's bad end, that was one of my biggest problems when I played it recently.

Like I would care. *shrug*

Depend on the visual novel too, but I must admit that if they're in Japanese then I'll use a walkthrough in most cases since in most cases I'm not sure of what choice I'm making and I don't like picking choices without understanding at least what they mean (Most of the time AGTH don't hook the choices correctly or at all so I'm using a walkthough to translate the meaning of those choices.).

• 3 months later...
No. As i prefer to discover things by myself i always play through based on the feeling. Usually i end up with a bad ending or on the wrong route but it's part of the fun. That's why it usually takes me longer than others to finish an eroge.

Go for visual novels like kara no shoujo. You'll break.

Nope. When I'm playing a VN for the first time, I never use walkthrough. Tho, I usually play VN just for that one time, because I don't want to ruin my experience from the first time. That's why, if I want to check what kind of other endings are there, I use walkthrough.

I played my first VN without a walkthrough, messed up along the way and got a bad ending.

You know the Fuuuuuuuuck-Guy? That day I looked exactly the same.

Now it goes like this: search the character pages of vndb for the most impressive girl -> search and copy a walkthrough

=winning