Little Busters! Gets Anime

According to an article on Anime News Network, Little Busters!, the newest visual novel series by Key (developers of Air, Kanon, Clannad and Angel Beats!), will get an anime.

Key's Little Busters! Visual Novel Gets TV Anime - News - Anime News Network

A commercial during the 34th episode of ASCII Media Works' webradio@dengekibunko program announced that a television anime adaptation of Key's Little Busters! visual novel has been green-lit. The commercial plays at the 49:46 mark.

Key, an adult game brand of Visual Art's, released the original romance adventure game for personal computers in 2007, and it has since been ported to the PlayStation 2 and PSP platforms. The Japanese software company Prototype just released the PS Vita version (pictured right) on Thursday.

That. Is. Awesome.

Hey why did they skip tomoyo after? I'm not amused.

Well I'll probably watch the lb anime too, just because of seeing kud.

They clearly hate the fans. Tomoyo was the best heroine, too :(

p.s. I bet anything they'll skip Kud Wafter.

Seriously saruda, do you want to marry me?

At first you agreed with me that a tayutama visual novel translation would be awesome and now you're also saying that tomoyo's the best

heroine when it comes to clannad. I don't care about kud wafter though because I didn't even like her route in little busters.

Anyway, I'm gay for saruda! \o/

Seriously saruda, do you want to marry me?

At first you agreed with me that a tayutama visual novel translation would be awesome and now you're also saying that tomoyo's the best

heroine when it comes to clannad. I don't care about kud wafter though because I didn't even like her route in little busters.

Anyway, I'm gay for saruda! \o/

Lol, I like to pretend I have good taste but it's always nice to have that affirmed by meeting others with similar taste to me.

And I haven't played Little Busters yet, I just thought Kud was cute.

P.S. a Vegas wedding is probably cheaper than a lot of the 1/8 scale waifus out there.

P.P.S. I already have a 2d waifu.

http://www.picamatic.com/show/2012/03/26/07/43/8312215_256x300.jpg

8312215_256x300.jpg

I just thought Kud was cute.

She is cute believe me. Her route wasn't that good though at least in my opinion.

Well nevertheless you definitely should play little busters.

a Vegas wedding is probably cheaper than a lot of the 1/8 scale waifus out there.

I don't care about the money if it's you babe~!

I already have a 2d waifu.

I obviously too and again we've somewhat similar tastes.

mashiro.jpg

Oh and btw, Kuu was also my fav char when it comes to Wanko to Kurasou so you better give me some thumbs up.

Edited by OneManArmy

This will be the first Key anime in which I know what the ending is going to be like going into watching. I would do anything to unlearn this.

You never know, Kud COULD get an OVA/DVD and Blu-ray Special based on her route (or at least something devoted to her). With enough popularity from her own manga and VN, it's possible. Alternatively, you could kidnap Miku Hatsune and tell Japan to create a Kud special in return for Miku's release.

Why make it sooner when enough people are still into clannad? Seriously, it's all about the money.

It seems that they couldn't sell the same amount of clannad merchandising like the last years and so they need something new.

Here we go little busters anime! The one who doesn't have a kud PVC is a loser!!!

I don't have one so...dammit...

Oh is there a vid of that commercial?? I want to see!! I wanna see!!!!!!! SEEEEE[ATTACH=CONFIG]1966[/ATTACH]

It was a radio commercial, unfortunately. That's because they only announced that it will be made; nothing further has been decided.

They better use Kyoto Animation, the geniuses behind the Air(TV)/Kanon(TV/2006)/Clannad(TV)/After Story(TV) adaptations. They were awesome.

Why make it sooner when enough people are still into clannad? Seriously, it's all about the money.

It seems that they couldn't sell the same amount of clannad merchandising like the last years and so they need something new.

Here we go little busters anime! The one who doesn't have a kud PVC is a loser!!!

I don't have one so...dammit...

That might be part of it, but they were also working on Angel Beats before, and they probably want to space out their projects. I have no problem waiting if it means it'll be done right.

Edited by Dan.

@OMA Well, if they made it SOONER more people who were into Clannad may think "Oh, hey, another Key anime, I might give it a shot" for one. It is basic, really, that is why when one genre gets extremely popular, like dystopia recently in America, you see a sudden influx of books, movies, and other media based on it. And, in general, it works. People eat it up, resulting in even more money for companies and creators. (there are always exceptions, though. And sadly I know fans of Clannad who have said they will not watch this because "they got over Key anime years ago" or "It's not Clannad")

Besides this, Clannad was made 3-5 years go (depending if you go by start or finish). Considering it was made only 2 years after Kanon's start (1 after its end) and 3 after Air (and Kanon was made 1 year after Air). You have a ratio of Air's anime, 1 year later Kanon, 2 years later Clannad, and now 5 years later Little Busters. I know that Key had a part in Angel Beats last year, so you can add that between Clannad and LB as "4 years later", but that was an original concept that they are still working on.

Though if you look at the "game to anime" ratio: Air- 5 years, Kanon- 3 years (original) and 7 (new), Clannad- 3 years, and LB- 5 years; it kinda makes sense.

I'm just surprised that, looking at their past adaptations, why it took them so much longer to even consider doing this one. I'm just glad they're doing it at all. Hey, maybe they'll adapt Planetarian!

... I AM OVER ANALYZING ANIME RELEASES. WHY? I HATE MATH, WHY DID I CALCULATE THIS? *lookatmylife,lookatmychoices

Though if you look at the "game to anime" ratio: Air- 5 years, Kanon- 3 years (original) and 7 (new), Clannad- 3 years, and LB- 5 years; it kinda makes sense.

I totally meant this. Key is after all a visual novel company; anime adaptions are just for the extra money.

I totally meant this. Key is after all a visual novel company; anime adaptions are just for the extra money.

I don't care if it's just for money, I just want to watch it. And if they can make more money, then they'll stay in business and keep making more great games, and anime adaptations too. And it's not like they're just doing anything they can for money - the adaptations are really good (especially the Kyoto Animation ones, but the others are good too, just not as good as KyoAni).

Please tell me what key has to do with the adaptions anyway?! They are just selling the rights to kyoto animations so that they are allowed

to make an anime. Meh...too lazy to write more...

I don't know what they have to do with the adaptations other than the original story and selling the rights. I don't know if they have anything at all to do with them beyond that, but even if they have nothing to do with it, it's still going to be great because of the great story it's based on, I'm still going to watch it, and Key making money off of it is still good for all of Key's fans.

Well by all means, let's wait to find out if there'll be REALLY an adaption. Would suck if everything was just a dirty rumor.

There was an official announcement, not just a rumor, but it can still be cancelled, especially at this point, when nothing has been decided yet except that it will be made. But there's so much fan support and people have been asking for it for years that it will probably be made. With this much support, there's lots of money to be made.

@OMA Well, if they made it SOONER more people who were into Clannad may think "Oh, hey, another Key anime, I might give it a shot" for one. It is basic, really, that is why when one genre gets extremely popular, like dystopia recently in America, you see a sudden influx of books, movies, and other media based on it. And, in general, it works. People eat it up, resulting in even more money for companies and creators. (there are always exceptions, though. And sadly I know fans of Clannad who have said they will not watch this because "they got over Key anime years ago" or "It's not Clannad")

Besides this, Clannad was made 3-5 years go (depending if you go by start or finish). Considering it was made only 2 years after Kanon's start (1 after its end) and 3 after Air (and Kanon was made 1 year after Air). You have a ratio of Air's anime, 1 year later Kanon, 2 years later Clannad, and now 5 years later Little Busters. I know that Key had a part in Angel Beats last year, so you can add that between Clannad and LB as "4 years later", but that was an original concept that they are still working on.

I'm just surprised that, looking at their past adaptations, why it took them so much longer to even consider doing this one. I'm just glad they're doing it at all. Hey, maybe they'll adapt Planetarian!

... I AM OVER ANALYZING ANIME RELEASES. WHY? I HATE MATH, WHY DID I CALCULATE THIS? *lookatmylife,lookatmychoices

Ow SHIT Almost forgot about Planetarian, I really want them to make a movie of that, though I think that it's impossible now. A lot of people had already forgotten about it or probably doesn't know about it. Even though Maeda is not the one who made the scripts of Planetarian it' still one of Key's masterpiece