Hoshizora no Memoria problems

Not sure if this has been covered before, if so I apologize, but I've found a possible solution to some of the graph_bs\... errors. A while back I posted in this thread when I first encountered the error, and a fresh reinstall from a different source fixed it. However, I recently encountered the problem again at a different point in the story. I was worried that the different source, too, was corrupt. I tried a reinstall using the same source, and encountered the same error on the Japanese .exe (before patching to English but after the bugfix patch). Fortunately, I came across this solution: setting my system to Japanese locale alone was not enough, I needed to set the Region and Language format to Japanese as well (in the same area of the control panel, first tab). After setting both to Japanese, I no longer encounter the error, even after patching to English v 1.2. Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, just hoping to help. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

tl;dr: Certain graph_bs\... errors could be caused by not having both system locale and Region and Language formats set to Japanese.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been covered before, if so I apologize, but I've found a possible solution to some of the graph_bs\... errors. A while back I posted in this thread when I first encountered the error, and a fresh reinstall from a different source fixed it. However, I recently encountered the problem again at a different point in the story. I was worried that the different source, too, was corrupt. I tried a reinstall using the same source, and encountered the same error on the Japanese .exe (before patching to English but after the bugfix patch). Fortunately, I came across this solution: setting my system to Japanese locale alone was not enough, I needed to set the Region and Language format to Japanese as well (in the same area of the control panel, first tab). After setting both to Japanese, I no longer encounter the error, even after patching to English v 1.2. Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, just hoping to help. I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

tl;dr: Certain graph_bs\... errors could be caused by not having both system locale and Region and Language formats set to Japanese.

Region and Language (format and location) have no impact on how the game will work at all. It must have been something else you did that fixed it.

Edited by killerinsidee

Actually, I don't think its that far-fetched of a solution. Apparently for the fandisc lots of people are getting the graph/bs error and its fixed by changing the time and date to Japanese. That's with the fan disc though. Seems like it worked for you with the original game.

Actually, I don't think its that far-fetched of a solution. Apparently for the fandisc lots of people are getting the graph/bs error and its fixed by changing the time and date to Japanese. That's with the fan disc though. Seems like it worked for you with the original game.

Are you referring to this - Hoshimemo Eternal heart Error ? Or there are some other posts about it ?

If that's the solution, then it's a first for me. Never seen a fix or a game that requires changing the time and date format before.

maybe its his luck or something which might due to his windows and everything patched up because of auto-updates~

Some retarded extremely Japanese-centered games, like minori's (not the NNL's) ef require it. That's why NTLEA can change these parameters in addition to just changing the locale.

Fair enough, i'll add to the first post.

Edit: Added the issue to the first post.

Edited by killerinsidee

Here's the source of the solution I mentioned. It's near the bottom of the page. Not sure if there are any spoilers in that thread, I only read that bit.

And I definitely didn't think it would have an effect either. But it was literally the only thing I changed in between running the original Japanese .exe twice.

I'll have time to try and replicate the error tonight. I've already patched it back up to English (1.2) but I should still encounter the same error. I'll upload a screenshot of the error as well as a save file if that'll help. I could be wrong, but I think the issue stems from my installation/computer configuration. I don't know how helpful the save file would be.

I have a Problem please help

i download all the game then patch game then patch english v1+v2

set locale to Japan.

the game works but when the movie op start, i cant see the op movie and it says "MemoriaEN.exe Is not responed" the event is Appcrash

please help me.

or please give me a save that already loaded the op movie

or at least SG savedata

I have a Problem please help

i download all the game then patch game then patch english v1+v2

set locale to Japan.

the game works but when the movie op start, i cant see the op movie and it says "MemoriaEN.exe Is not responed" the event is Appcrash

please help me.

or please give me a save that already loaded the op movie

or at least SG savedata

Read Issue #4 on the first post.

Thanks and i tried to do first way, i deleted the movie folder and it says this:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I just Deleted the Downloaded files i dont wanna download again :(

Can u help me please ?

Nevermind about this.

OP movie Is not the problem the problem is when this line text comes:

"After I unpack the new textbook from my bag, the female student sitting beside me immediately starts up a conversation"

(click/Enter) and i got this ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

please help me to fix this problem or at least some1 played this upload save data(memoria.hcb)

when i went to play the game that moment it shows a error that it says C:\users\”myname”\\documents/FAVORITE/????????/save/ and some other weird signs

what does that mean?

plz help me

when i went to play the game that moment it shows a error that it says C:\users\”myname”\\documents/FAVORITE/????????/save/ and some other weird signs

what does that mean?

plz help me

You need to change your locale to Japanese. Tutorial here

Hi I have a problem, whenever I try to install the game it doesn't give me the option to go forward, sorry for being vague I'll add a screencap.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4395[/ATTACH]

You don't need to install the game for it to work actually. Create a folder " C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria " and copy the files from the DISC (copy only the files from Program files\CROSSNET\Memoria from the DISC) to that folder you've made. Make sure you follow the instructions from the first post to make sure that the game works fine. Let me know if that worked for you.

Edited by killerinsidee
You don't need to install the game for it to work actually. Create a folder " C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria " and copy the files from the DISC (copy only the files from Program files\CROSSNET\Memoria from the DISC) to that folder you made. Make sure you follow the instructions from the first post to make sure that the game works fine. Let me know if that worked for you.

I tried that, but when I try to install the patch I get this

Untitled1.png

I tried that, but when I try to install the patch I get this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4396[/ATTACH]

Download the Untroll patch - http://www.mediafire.com/?by6kdr0oryfznf6 copy that to your game folder (the one you've made).

Then download http://www.mediafire.com/?v9eusbz04v1p20c and copy that to your folder as well.

They contain everything you need for the game to work and there is no installation needed for them, just paste them.

Edited by killerinsidee