Hoshizora no Memoria problems

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need more what? O_O i got test tomorrow and i cbf to study anymore :p

Can you please make a new thread is the appropriate section for the translation. This is the thread for tech problems.

Also Ivan, can you please re-locate his posts to the new thread that he makes, or delete them from this thread?

Can you please make a new thread is the appropriate section for the translation. This is the thread for tech problems.

Also Ivan, can you please re-locate his posts to the new thread that he makes, or delete them from this thread?

sorry, my bad

Hi

I don't know if I'm at the good place, but I have a problem :(

I just downloaded the game, extracted it, And I used Daemon Tools to launch it.

But when I try to launch Memoria.Iso or Memoria.mds, nothing happens, the setup menu doesn't appears !

I did the same when I played Steins ; Gate or Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai and it has worked.

So, I don't know what to do. Can you help me please ?

And I'm sorry if my english is not very well, I'm french x)

Hi

I don't know if I'm at the good place, but I have a problem :(

I just downloaded the game, extracted it, And I used Daemon Tools to launch it.

But when I try to launch Memoria.Iso or Memoria.mds, nothing happens, the setup menu doesn't appears !

I did the same when I played Steins ; Gate or Maji de watashi ni koi shinasai and it has worked.

So, I don't know what to do. Can you help me please ?

And I'm sorry if my english is not very well, I'm french x)

hmm..its easy..just copy out all the files and install manually..

or if you use window7..then you can adjust the permission setting when you can ignore the dimming of screen to speed up the auto run process~

Welp, here's one that I haven't seen while browsing this thread (albeit, I haven't checked every single page): I heard about the problem some time ago, after I installed the v1.1 patch, so I deleted the graph_vis folder, and replaced it with a dummy file (I didn't feel like updating, since I wasn't sure if it would create conflicts with the save files I had already made). Well, now I'm at the Mare route, and DOLPHINS. GODDAMN DOLPHINS. I really have no idea why this is happening. To note, I'm currently using the save files Eab provided, so I have no idea what version they were made in, or if they would even have any effect. I've tried using the untroll executable to no avail, I don't even have a graph_vis any more, yet still the dolphins.

The only other option I can think of is reinstalling the whole game (or possibly just replacing graph_vis.bin), though I made the rather shortsighted mistake of deleting the iso in a cleanup just yesterday.

Welp, here's one that I haven't seen while browsing this thread (albeit, I haven't checked every single page): I heard about the problem some time ago, after I installed the v1.1 patch, so I deleted the graph_vis folder, and replaced it with a dummy file (I didn't feel like updating, since I wasn't sure if it would create conflicts with the save files I had already made). Well, now I'm at the Mare route, and DOLPHINS. GODDAMN DOLPHINS. I really have no idea why this is happening. To note, I'm currently using the save files Eab provided, so I have no idea what version they were made in, or if they would even have any effect. I've tried using the untroll executable to no avail, I don't even have a graph_vis any more, yet still the dolphins.

The only other option I can think of is reinstalling the whole game (or possibly just replacing graph_vis.bin), though I made the rather shortsighted mistake of deleting the iso in a cleanup just yesterday.

Since the release of patch v1.2, the patch v1.1 is no longer used. You should install v1.0, v1.2 and skip v1.1. Also, it is not a good idea to use saves from previous versions since it may mess up the game. The only way for the dolphins to show up in your game is if the folder re-created itself again, which only happens with patch v1.1 (and you didn't create the dummy file properly). What you can do is - open the v1.0 patch with 7-zip (right click on the installer -> 7-Zip -> Open Archive) and extract "MemoriaEN.exe" from it, copy&replace with the one you have in the game folder (from v1.1). Also be sure to delete that graph_vis folder again if you see it. With the older .exe the folder won't re-create itself.

Edit: If you're using Win7 64, then the folder may be located here - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Crossnet\Memoria . Just make sure you delete it from there if that's the case (still replace the old .exe to prevent re-creation of the folder).

Edited by killerinsidee

Hey, when i get to the step where i need to unpack/install the official game patch. What exactly do i do. I used the game patch that came with the game download, but i don't really know if it 'installed' or not since when i click on the patch run file, japanese text comes up. It comes up with a yes/no box first, then one line of something else. How would i know if the patch file is actually installed correctly?

Edit: The second japanese text box that shows up has only 1 button, which is an OK button.

Edited by linkster396
Since the release of patch v1.2, the patch v1.1 is no longer used. You should install v1.0, v1.2 and skip v1.1. Also, it is not a good idea to use saves from previous versions since it may mess up the game. The only way for the dolphins to show up in your game is if the folder re-created itself again, which only happens with patch v1.1 (and you didn't create the dummy file properly). What you can do is - open the v1.0 patch with 7-zip (right click on the installer -> 7-Zip -> Open Archive) and extract "MemoriaEN.exe" from it, copy&replace with the one you have in the game folder (from v1.1). Also be sure to delete that graph_vis folder again if you see it. With the older .exe the folder won't re-create itself.

Edit: If you're using Win7 64, then the folder may be located here - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Crossnet\Memoria . Just make sure you delete it from there if that's the case (still replace the old .exe to prevent re-creation of the folder).

Oh son of a. . .

Using Vista, and yet it seems a copy of graph_vis did, in fact, exist in my AppData. Well, time to get dummying, I'll probably just carry through with 1.1 until the end, since that's what all my saves were made in, and I'm too far to leave my computer idle for a while while getting something heavy to ctrl through everything again for me.

EDIT: Also, somewhere along the lines, because of I-have-no-idea-what, my saves got wiped ;_;

DoubleEDIT: The worst part of this is, I won't be able to check for DOLPHINS until I either get saves to take the easy path to where I am, or catch up using the skip option liberally (which, I hear, takes two hours just for the common).

Edited by TheDarkNerd

I did it the easy way at first, I tried the Untroll archive. I just didn't know that Vista also had a copy of graph_vis in app data as well (my eyes mostly skipped over any paragraph with "for Win7 user..."). Yeah, I might have saved myself a lot of headache if I knew the exact problem in the first place, but unfortunately I just had to end up going as heavy-handed as possible (well, not really, as truly heavy-handed involves a reformat <. fixing the problem in end.>

linkster396

TheDarkNerd

Why do you guys insist on doing it the hard way when there's an Untroll archive to avoid doing all of this.

It contains an official update, which copies 2 files into the game directory: 31442613 bytes long etc.bin and 4555131 bytes long Memoria.hcb. If your files have different size, then your game doesn't have an official patch.

Staircase v.1.1 patch tries to recreate dolphins every time you run its MemoriaEN.exe, and because of UAC in Vista/Win7 messing with the game they end up in the virtual store instead of/in addition to the game's folder, so deleting them only from game's folder isn't enough.

Haha, you're right. That was so much easier. Got the game to work now. Thanks!

linkster396

TheDarkNerd

Why do you guys insist on doing it the hard way when there's an Untroll archive to avoid doing all of this.

Your way of installing is easier for sure, but the Untroll patches still have the problem with the OP movie. Only way that I can get the OP movie to work (and not skip) is to choose not to install it with the v1.0 patch. Just deleting the subbed OP movie (if copied from the Untroll patch or installed with v1.0) will make the game just skip it and not show it at all. While the movie is not really a big deal, I bet that quite a few people would run into the "game black screen freeze" issue when it's supposed to play.

For me, I would rather avoid any issues I may have later in the game then to have the game possibly freeze up somewhere in the middle of gameplay.

Edited by killerinsidee
Just for the record, there's "(you can keep original opening movie 01.mpg)" line in the post #111, which basically means that you can click "No" when asked to confirm the overwriting of 01.mpg file to keep the original movie.

As for the rest, it's exactly as you wrote: "Just deleting the subbed OP movie will make the game just skip it and not show it at all."

Black screen hang is a codec problem which sometimes kicks in when the game tries to play back EXISTING SUBBED OP; if it doesn't exist, system codecs aren't touched by the game at all because there's no file to play using them in the first place.

There are no any other OP-related "issues later in the game", period. Either it plays fine when it's supposed to be shown or it doesn't, in which case you delete it (or replace with the original file from the DVD) and proceed as usual.

Fair enough, didn't read that part in the brackets. I guess I'm just picky about these small things, would rather have the OP play then to skip it. Anyways, I get your point. Even though some people seem to fail at installing the game properly no matter what guide they use. The thing is that most people download the patches from the main site and just see the guide on how to do it here. Not sure how many bother to download the Untroll patches when they already got the Staircase ones.

Then you did it wrong, because graph_vis folder is made only by Staircase patches vv.1.0 and 1.1, you won't get it if you follow the instructions I've posted above. You shouldn't think of "untroll" as a "clean-up" of an already infected Hoshimemo, it's "untroll" in the sense that it prevents dolphin infestation by old Staircase patches IF you apply Staircase patch v.1.2 on top of it.

Wait, so you're saying I should have, long before I read this thread, installed the Untroll in the first place? Not sure which "hard way" you're referring to. I thought deleting the graph_vis folder, followed by replacing my executable with the untroll would have been enough (or rather, simply following the instructions listed in Issue #3). The problem with that was an issue that hadn't been properly addressed in this thread, which is that, in Vista 32bit (the OS I'm currently using) a copy of graph_vis exists in both C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria and in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria. Had I only installed the Untroll from a fresh installation made after wiping away the staircase subs 1.1v patch, the problem would have persisted.

I do thank the users in this thread for their help, though. I just finished the game a couple of hours ago, something that wouldn't have been possible if not for this thread.

Wait, so you're saying I should have, long before I read this thread, installed the Untroll in the first place? Not sure which "hard way" you're referring to. I thought deleting the graph_vis folder, followed by replacing my executable with the untroll would have been enough (or rather, simply following the instructions listed in Issue #3). The problem with that was an issue that hadn't been properly addressed in this thread, which is that, in Vista 32bit (the OS I'm currently using) a copy of graph_vis exists in both C:\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria and in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria. Had I only installed the Untroll from a fresh installation made after wiping away the staircase subs 1.1v patch, the problem would have persisted.

I do thank the users in this thread for their help, though. I just finished the game a couple of hours ago, something that wouldn't have been possible if not for this thread.

Glad that your problems got resolved, but in the Issue #3 I did write that graph_vis may be in a different folder (AppData\...) on Win7 64, I don't have a system with Vista so I can't test it there or see where the folder is. Updated Issue #3 with this info now.

Edited by killerinsidee
"Install game - official patch - patch 1.0 - patch 1.2 - delete dolphins - install font" sounds easy? While it isn't that hard, it's incovenient at least, especially when compared to "Copy game folder from the DVD - unpack Untroll - unpack 1.2 - install font" way.

Well considering I was already invested most of the way into the first method before I even came to this thread, I really don't see the reason calling me out on doing things the way I did. The hangup was entirely on the fact that the dolphins were more elusive than I had already been led to believe. Besides, I've run into problems in the past where simply copying game files without running the actual installer creates problems all on its own.

There's no point saying I did things the wrong way if doing it a supposed "right" way doesn't undo the damage left by the wrong way. This is a troubleshooting thread, not a release thread, so you can't expect everyone posting here to have done absolutely nothing with their install yet.

Is there anyone who got this problem

I finish Asuho Route, then check the CG Album, there are no "Completed" written on Asuho...

Is this a glitch or somethin'? Because I did Asuho route twice.... but still no "Completed" sign on her photo...

thank you

I finish Asuho Route, then check the CG Album, there are no "Completed" written on Asuho...

Is this a glitch or somethin'? Because I did Asuho route twice.... but still no "Completed" sign on her photo...

thank you

you just did her route only??/

she still have 1 or 2 more CG on chinami and komomo route i think~

thank you

Complete all the routes. It will appear there eventually.

you just did her route only??/

she still have 1 or 2 more CG on chinami and komomo route i think~

If I remember correctly the additional Asuho scene was in Yume's route

Complete all the routes. It will appear there eventually.

If I remember correctly the additional Asuho scene was in Yume's route

ahh..grim there's another 1 there too..nearly forgot bout it...

and not to mention..if you still use translation patch 1.0

you'll get empty cg in extra mode if your game crash after any route..

Hi

I don't understand what is a dolpin (I'm french)

Is it the Censorship?

If it isn't, is it possible to delete the censorship?

And can someone explain me, with words, what is a dolphin?

In Google Traduction, they say it's the animal...

Help please! \o/