Hoshizora no Memoria problems

I played the game in Japanese locale, and still had no luck

If you're getting the "C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/..." error and some strange signs after it, then your system is not in Japanese locale. You should see Japanese letters (like these 星空のメモリア) in the errors and not some jibberish with question marks.

Also try deleting that folder in your Documents and start the game again.

Edited by killerinsidee
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're getting the "C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/..." error and some strange signs after it, then your system is not in Japanese locale. You should see Japanese letters (like these 星空のメモリア) in the errors and not some jibberish with question marks.

Also try deleting that folder in your Documents and start the game again.

ok I tried it again (after deleting the file) with Japanese locale and I got this C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/save/s901.bin

ok I tried it again (after deleting the file) with Japanese locale and I got this C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/save/s901.bin

Can you paste me the name of that folder in the documents - C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/ ? Just paste the ??????? part so I can see if your folder is in Japanese letters or something else. Your folder should look like this - Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア . Also try running the game as administrator (right click on the exe -> Select Run as Administrator).

Edited by killerinsidee
Can you paste me the name of that folder in the documents - C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/ ? Just paste the ??????? part so I can see if your folder is in Japanese letters or something else. Your folder should look like this - Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア . Also try running the game as administrator (right click on the exe -> Select Run as Administrator).

when i looked in the FAVORITE folder nothing was inside

when i looked in the FAVORITE folder nothing was inside

Try creating a folder called 星空のメモリア in it and see how it goes. It seems that the game is having trouble creating the config files, which happens when you try to run it for the first time.

Try creating a folder called 星空のメモリア in it and see how it goes. It seems that the game is having trouble creating the config files, which happens when you try to run it for the first time.

nothing changed

nothing changed

here's the link..just overide it with you files at Document..

though it had cleared save

FAVORITE.rar

EDIT:i'll keep the file for the time being..though its all full 100% save...

CAUTION:please do not use the save unless you want to watch the CGs only~

Edited by ultimecea
nothing changed

here's the link..just overide it with you files at Document..

though it had cleared save

FAVORITE.rar

Delete your folder again and copy this one in it's place, make sure it looks the same as the one you deleted. Let me know what happens.

Edited by killerinsidee
Delete your folder again and copy this one in it's place, make sure it looks the same as the one you deleted. Let me know what happens.

killer..i still feel its better for him to uninstall all and redo from scratch~

killer..i still feel its better for him to uninstall all and redo from scratch~

Well, re-installing is an option, but if the game can't create the config files for whatever reason then it may not help.

Edited by killerinsidee
ya i jus finished installing it and i replaced the folder with the one that was updated I still get the same error

If running the game as Administrator didn't help either, then I'm out of ideas. The game just has trouble writing/reading that data in your documents for some reason which could be some Windows permission problem.

Let me ask you 1 thing. When you right click on a folder and select Properties, do you see a normal \ or / (backslash and forward slash) after "c:" and before Documents or do you see some weird symbol ?

Edited by killerinsidee
If running the game as Administrator didn't help either, then I'm out of ideas. The game just as trouble writing/reading that data in your documents for some reason which could be some Windows permission problem.

Let me ask you 1 thing. When you right click on a folder and select Properties, do you see a normal \ or / (backslash and forward slash) after "c:" and before Documents or do you see some weird symbol ?

i see a "\" right after "C:"

i see a "\" right after "C:"

do you know where to change the region & Languages??

its at control panel..

last tabs under UNICODE~

Then your system is not in Japanese locale for sure.

When your system is in Japanese locale, you will see it like this - [ATTACH=CONFIG]4618[/ATTACH]

haha.it always appear in yen~

do you know where to change the region & Languages??

its at control panel..

last tabs under UNICODE~

haha.it always appear in yen~

hahaha i jus checked that it seems i was doing was wrong i jus reinstalled it and it's working fine sorry about all the trouble and thanks for the help

A pop up appears when ??? says "Chinami slept in, slept in, slept in!" and the game closes. I have the english patch 1.2 and everything works. This error appears: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4658[/ATTACH] Please help me i really want to play the game.

If you get this error, the bug fix isn't applied or it wasn't applied in the correct way. Follow the first 8 steps in the first post.