Hoshizora no Memoria problems

This is a known issue that can't be fixed....the translator decided not to fix this issue. Pretty much just have to deal with it.

EDIT: @Otamegane, it happens with their font as well... there is no workaround.

Hontoni D:? I didn't had any problem for most part of the game about this... but I do remember however bsome texts that needed tosee teh log, maybe you're right, my mistake hehehe

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to change the font in the menu of the game, but you should use the font staircase subs provides you. For how to do this, do as killer said in point 7

This is a known issue that can't be fixed....the translator decided not to fix this issue. Pretty much just have to deal with it.

EDIT: @Otamegane, it happens with their font as well... there is no workaround.

That font actually helped quite a bit. It's cutting it close and I'm sure there will be a few sentences that'll get cut off, but the vast majority seem to fit now. Thanks to both of you.

i got an error when i start the game..

Direct3D:....................................

something like that can anyone help me with this problem....

that's direct-x related issues

Issue #5: d3dx9_29.dll is missing - DirectX related issue. If you get any errors related to this file, here's how to fix it. This file can be found it on the game disc in the directx folder. Find Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x86.cab there and extract/unrar it to the game folder. Thanks for mentioning this one, since I didn't have this problem myself.

try to follow these steps when installing/playing hoshizora at https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-tech-support/475-hoshizora-no-memoria-problems/

I have a problem i have done everything that is wirite in the instructions respect to the censorship, i have erase the graphic_vis folder, created the empy file, downloaded the fixed .exe . damm i even erase my save files and started the game again and even so i have still censorship!!!!!!!!!! helllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a 32 bites win 7, so is no the i don now wath hidden folder

Edited by renextronex
I have a problem i have done everything that is wirite in the instructions respect to the censorship, i have erase the graphic_vis folder, created the empy file, downloaded the fixed .exe . damm i even erase my save files and started the game again and even so i have still censorship!!!!!!!!!! helllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a 32 bites win 7, so is no the i don now wath hidden folder

If you are reffering about censoring of female and male sex organs then its not an error, the game came with that.

Yeah, there's images that were replaced entirely as an April fools joke. Meaning instead of your typical censored H-graphics, you instead get a picture of some Dolphins. Deleting the folder just removes those images so you get the original sex images as you're meant to. I think the latest update to the patch fixes it as well.

Yeah, there's images that were replaced entirely as an April fools joke. Meaning instead of your typical censored H-graphics, you instead get a picture of some Dolphins. Deleting the folder just removes those images so you get the original sex images as you're meant to. I think the latest update to the patch fixes it as well.

Iirc, it wasn't a prank, it was a censor they put because of australian laws or something like that

Iirc, it wasn't a prank, it was a censor they put because of australian laws or something like that
And you believed them when they said that? Really? It was released on April Fools, and they've sinced released an update that fixes it. The patch wouldn't even contain said images anyway, so they're not legally responsible for their distribution in any way. There's no way it was anything other than an April Fools prank, believing otherwise is just silly.
And you believed them when they said that? Really? It was released on April Fools, and they've sinced released an update that fixes it. The patch wouldn't even contain said images anyway, so they're not legally responsible for their distribution in any way. There's no way it was anything other than an April Fools prank, believing otherwise is just silly.

Does it really matter now? It's solved, so let's move on. This thread is for technical support, let's not clog it up with stuff that's already been solved.

Hummm... even after installing patch 1.2 I still get the dolphin pictures for mare -_-

I did everything correct, installed 1.1 bug fix to the game. Installed the english 1.0 patch. Installed 1.2 patch. Deleted graph_vis folder.

I started a new game especially for that route... and BAM dolphin -_-

This is my folder...

Untitled.jpg

I dont understand how the dolphins can still load when the files arnt there :?

Edited by Pain_Killer
Hummm... even after installing patch 1.2 I still get the dolphin pictures for mare -_-

I did everything correct, installed 1.1 bug fix to the game. Installed the english 1.0 patch. Installed 1.2 patch. Deleted graph_vis folder.

I started a new game especially for that route... and BAM dolphin -_-

This is my folder...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5576[/ATTACH]

I dont understand how the dolphins can still load when the files arnt there :?

It's because you have a 64-bit Windows and the folder is also located in - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria

Edited by killerinsidee
Thanks for the help, only issue is that I can't find this VirtualStore folder

The only places where the graph_vis folder can be is in the game folder or if you have a 64-bit Windows it also appears in - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\CROSSNET\Memoria . The AppData may be hidden for you, so if you need to pick "Show hidden folders" - on any window (just open My Computer) go to Organize drop-down list (it's on the upper left side by default) -> Folder and search options -> View Tab -> Under " Hidden files and folders pick "Show hidden files, folders, drives". You should be able to see it then.

Edited by killerinsidee
The only places where the graph_vis folder can be is in the game folder or if you have a 64-bit Windows it also appears in - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\CROSSNET\Memoria . The AppData may be hidden for you, so if you need to pick "Show hidden folders" - on any window (just open My Computer) go to Organize drop-down list (it's on the upper left side by default) -> Folder and search options -> View Tab -> Under " Hidden files and folders pick "Show hidden files, folders, drives". You should be able to see it then.

Yeah you were right, the folder was hidden but thanks to you I have found it now :) thanks a million for you help

Hello~ I just downloaded the game and when I tried to use the installer it goes fine until the actual installation part where a error pops up. I have no idea what it says and I really want to try this game. Any ideas?

Hello~ I just downloaded the game and when I tried to use the installer it goes fine until the actual installation part where a error pops up. I have no idea what it says and I really want to try this game. Any ideas?

screenshot please

it looks like you got corrupt file, try to redownload...

btw, have you tried to using applocale or change your regional to japanes?

My regional and locale is set to japanese but is there a way to tell which file is corrupted? I don't feel like re downloading the whole thing since It took a while

My regional and locale is set to japanese but is there a way to tell which file is corrupted? I don't feel like re downloading the whole thing since It took a while

it happens to me once before

i downloaded all the parts, test in winrar and it says files are okay, but when i play the game i got crashes in some scenes...then i try redownload using torrent and it works fine...

you can test the archive at winrar and see if there are corrupt files or not, try to repair it if you can...though i'm not 100% sure that winrar can repair it perfectly

try to reinstalling, if problem still occur, the only way i know is redownload (use torrent to download)

i think it's worth redownloading, game is awesome imo...