Do you own and/or play any instruments?

Do you play any instruments?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play any instruments?

Having just completed playing Riho's route, I feel like everything is all about music right now :), I plan on finishing up Yayoi and Rimu's route later but right now my mind and body is thinking about nothing but music. So with that said, do you play any instruments? If yes, do you still play it and what instruments do you play? I own an acoustic but I havent touched it in such a long time, I feel sort of ashamed because when I took it out, it was covered in a little bit of dust. I plan on devoting myself on the guitar once more but with a lot more motivation and a better reasoning to play the guitar, so whats your story? BTW, did you name your instrument at all?

Edited by RJei

I believe I've got an acoustic guitar (steel string, I think) and a keyboard hidden in a closet somewhere. Used to belong to my brothers, but they've both long since moved out, so. I don't have much interest in the guitar, and only slightly more in a keyboard. Viol family is where it's at. I'd love to have a violin or cello, though I doubt I'd ever be able to be very good.

Also, the poll options seem a bit odd. No bass? Or any wind instruments at all? It seems like it'd be better to have group (wind, string, percussion, etc.) options rather than just a few popular instruments and an "other" option for everything else.

Yeah, there were a bunch of instruments I wanted to add in the poll, but in the end I rushed it and didn't think it through and just added what I felt was more popular or something. Sorry about that.

Edited by RJei

I'd love to be able to play the Violin or Piano as well. I also played and belonged in the saxophone group when I was in music class in school, but never really liked it that much. I'm also a beginner with the acoustic, I only knew 2 easy songs but since I stopped playing, my fingers doesn't remember the cords all that well anymore.

Edit- My older sister owns a keyboard piano and plays it very well.

Edited by RJei

I have some friends who are in bands (not real bands though), but they don't really do the type of music I like.

One of my online friend's cousin is in a band:

I'd be more into playing classical stuff, but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through learning everything and taking exams etc.

I'll try to keep it short. I always wanted to play an instrument and so I ended up choosing the piano. The only problem,

those lessons are fucking expensive. Thus my idea was destroyed. Then I thought a little bit more and somehow started

to teach myself playing the guitar. So yeah, I'm playing the guitar since 2 years and I also write songs and obviously sing

them. But I actually like piano and violin music more.

Well, I have always wanted to play a wind instrument.

But since I do not do anything to learn how to play any of them, I just do not plan to.

I do not know, music is just not my thing. But I still would like to learn how to sing well... Once then again, I will not do anything for it.

It is not really an illusion, I know very well I will not get anything from it. It is mostly because I do not have enough motivation to learn how to play an instrument/how to sing.

I am more interested in dancing and drawing/painting than music, and I am studying/practicing both of them. So... Yeah, I think I know how hard it is to learn something and how much time I need to dedicate to any of those activities, specially because I am a perfectionist.

Oh, yes, it is from of Narcissu.

Not really, I do like to learn new things, I like to give my best and finally be able to notice the improvement.

I just have other "priorities", and music is not really my thing, as I said.

And, of course, dancing/painting takes a lot of time and I do not have enough free time to start learning something else for now.

I hope this clarifies how I think and why I do not plan to start playing an instrument.

Well, I have always wanted to play a wind instrument.

music is not really my thing, as I said.

That's the thing I don't get. You're saying that music isn't your thing but on the other hand you wanted to learn an instrument.

Well I'm probably just too dumb to get it...

I own an acoustic guitar, but I don't play it.

I blame my fingers for not being able to play the accords properly -__-

But yeah, I'm more into Synthesizers and stuff like that, for creating music.

That's the thing I don't get. You're saying that music isn't your thing but on the other hand you wanted to learn an instrument.

Well I'm probably just too dumb to get it...

Uh, yes, sorry, I did not express myself clearly after all (I think there is something else I should practice...). Let me see if I can put it in better words...

I used to want to learn an instrument (flute), I was like 3 years old or something. However, I ended up finding some other things I liked the most.

Even though I still kind of wanted to learn how to play it, I was already taking ballet and painting classes. So, I almost forgot about music and now I think that is not exactly my thing.

If someday I happen have enough time/motivation and if I really wanted to learn how to play an instrument, I would choose a wind instrument.

I just do not have any plans to learn it for now.

Uh, yes, sorry, I did not express myself clearly after all (I think there is something else I should practice...)

Nah don't worry. You may had to explain the whole thing twice but what the heck, at the end I was able to understand you and

that's the most important thing.

Lots of guitar players here huh.

i play the traditional bamboo flute as well as my "natural body's" flute...(if u know wat i mean)

Nice, the flute is melodious.... and I'm talking about the real one.

(if u know what I mean)

I've been playing the piano since I was 12.

Im 19 now. So I guess I'm pretty decent.

I've never bothered trying to learn the guitar. I don't want to learn it.

y u no like guitar? Well, I want to learn the piano a little bit as well, there's so many songs that sounds great on the piano.

Edited by RJei
I own an acoustic guitar, but I don't play it.

I blame my fingers for not being able to play the accords properly -__-

Lol I use to think that too, but it's a lot easier now for some reason, but my fingers haven't changed one bit. wierd.