Puella Magi Madoka Magica(also called Mahou Shojou Madoka Magica)may contain spoilers

230px-MadokaBD.jpg

I highly recommend this series to any and all anime fans/otaku.

Particularly if you like: Yuri, Loli (I don't care if they are 14 years old, the girls all look loli to me), Mahou Shojou, Tragedy, Love story, Fighting, and (any more would be big story spoilers).

The Story has no gaps as far as I can see and plenty of backstory that is awesome. The Music is excellent, it accents and follows the story nigh perfectly. The Animation, while I think could be better (the eyes man), actually works for the way the story is portayed

If anyone else has seen this anime answer me this one question.

At the end of the last episode, does it look like there is a possibile gap (look at her wings) for a sequel series?

Easily one of the best shows in recent years. I must stress that if you're not convinced after the first couple of episodes you should definitely not give up.

I recently upgraded my tv rip to a blu-ray one, and now Avenger tempts me with a 10-bit encode. Damn it. :rolleyes:

Madoka was pretty awesome, yeah. Both the writer and composer actually went on to work on Fate/Zero, currently airing. /hype

I don't think it wants a true sequel, nor does it thematically have room for one. I don't really have any thoughts on the "interquel" sorts of sequels that are already out, but most of the extra material seems like blatant pandering and merchandising. The fact that I'm pretty sure none of the original team is involved with any of those sequels probably helps in that dismissal.

Given the writer (not saying who in case people haven't seen it yet) I SHOULD have expected what I watched. XD

But I didn't, and I LOVED that it threw me through a loop like.

They have actually ALREADY announced a sequel of sorts. A movie, or series of movies, I am not sure which.

They have actually ALREADY announced a sequel of sorts. A movie, or series of movies, I am not sure which.

The latter. To be specific, a movie trilogy.

I watched the anime after it aired because of the attention it got, disregarding my dislike for magical girl anime. As a result, my expectations going into the anime were extremely high - however, they were met and exceeded in every way.

one other thing to like about this anime, there was no ecchi stuff as i recall, which is extremely rare these days.

And yes there is a movie trillogy but it isn't a sequel. first movie is going to be a retelling of the story, second will be a expansion of Homura's "past", and the third is going to be a Prequel to the story. At least from what i've heard.

Now there's a powerful scene if anime ever had one. And it steered the anime to greater heights, rather than lose the audience, which is strangely remarkable. It has its effects outside of anime, too. The 1926 film version of Faust was rated an average 6 on IMDB before Madoka aired. Now it's a solid 8.

Haven't watched it yet...

But this is pretty popular in the net...

can someone give me the genre/category where this anime belongs???

most anime i watch are under comedy/ romance/ mystery/ action/ drama/ slice of life/ fantasy category

^this anime must be under Magical girl/loli/horror/psychological...etc

also seeing how the BD/DVD sales are so high(around 70k average IIRC),they'll definitely consider another season of this...

Oh... I see... thanks for the info...

as far as I know, this anime already has 3 seasons and a movie right???