And there I thought I'd be the only one who thought they made a way too big fuss about this school movie and how Oreki made it turn out.

I actually liked all of the previous episodes, but Episode 11 was really mediocre, if you ask me.

You're not alone, believe me. It's probably the majority opinion; I don't see how anyone could think they didn't take it too seriously.

The problem with episode 11 is that it was supposed to be a big climactic moment, but it just wasn't surprising or exciting at all. I actually thought the whole mystery movie arc was mediocre overall. The other mysteries were "real," but the mystery movie was a movie. The part about Hongou and Irisu afterwards was more of a "real" mystery, though, I guess.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11.5 - One funny scene (when she splashes Oreki with water), a meh mystery and bikinis. Wasn't all that great imo.

12 - No mystery this time, watching Chitanda run around the school was getting kinda old by the end of the episode. Oreki was as lifeless as ever, also there was some uninteresting stuff going on in that manga club. So-so episode for me, though it was a bit of a change of pace from the mysteries though. New ED is strange as hell, I like it and it's much better then the old one imo. Hopefully there's a new OP next week as well.

I finished the main route of Tomoyo After, so I'm taking a break and watching some anime.

I've only watched Hyouka 11.5 so far. It was pretty bad. The video and audio quality were awful. The mystery was so bad. I knew what it was as soon as she said "something white on her ear." It seems like the main point of the episode was the fact that they were in bathing suits. But even that was ruined by the bad quality and the giant ad for the bd that was there for the whole episode. Even then, who really cares about bathing suits in Hyouka?

But I still have episode 12, which has to be better.

Okay, so ep 12 was so-so. Just like you said, Chitanda running around got old by the end of the episode, but there will probably be more of it next time.

There was one funny thing - when Oreki said "Best. Job. Ever." about sitting in a room doing nothing basically.

I watched episode 13. It was about as interesting as episode 12. There still isn't much happening, but there were a few mystery things starting to show up. Ibara's fight with the other person in the manga club was very boring. I don't care about their argument at all, so it was just boring to sit there and watch them have it. I wish they'd get to the actual solving of the mysteries already, because that's why I watch this show, not to see all the boring things they do at their school festival.

Okay, so ep 12 was so-so. Just like you said, Chitanda running around got old by the end of the episode, but there will probably be more of it next time.

There was one funny thing - when Oreki said "Best. Job. Ever." about sitting in a room doing nothing basically.

Ushio needs a tummy rub :D

so im guessing this is gonna be 24-5 episodes? IDK but this makes nobu very happy, and happy nobus provide "services."

there are at least 21. it started a few weeks later than others this season, so it might be shorter.

true dat true dat, anyways :)

Loved that new ending, OP idk =/ nothing2 special for me, but the ending was awesome, i would rather watch a story of them being detective+ villain, makes oreki look even awesome'r

Seriously, this series is great at making characters look just totally arrogant.

Just looking at Fukube's rival and that Miku in the Manga Club annoyed me -__-

That advertising thing with

the girl's war

was kinda funny though.

Finally got around to watch ep 13. Another "running around the festival" episode, nothing major happened. The new OP is ok I guess, nothing special. The part with Chitanda's pictures was pretty funny, Satoshi's contest or whatever was kinda boring, Chitanda did almost the same thing as last ep -.- .

Ep 14 - I liked this ep, it had some funny moments. The scene with Chitanda and Irisu was pretty funny. The cooking contest was pretty nice, Chitanda moe mode on! I was expecting that something more will happen with the manga club, but it ended up pretty insignificant. Oreki continues his "almost dead" mood. New mystery next week.

Yeah, not a bad episode. I thought something else was going to happen with the manga club as well; maybe it still will. The mystery is finally starting next week, so I'm looking forward to that.

So they finally got to the mystery of this arc in episode 15. This stuff with the manga club is just annoying because I just don't care about it at all. The episode was all right because the mystery was in it; next week's episode should be better.

So they finally got to the mystery of this arc in episode 15. This stuff with the manga club is just annoying because I just don't care about it at all. The episode was all right because the mystery was in it; next week's episode should be better.

Agreed about the manga club, it's really not interesting. I would say that the first half of the episode was very nice especially with Chitanda's "negotiation test drive", then it went down a bit with Ibara's manga stuff.

I've only watched up to episode 14, but I really enjoyed that episode. No idea cooking would be that interesting. There are subtle hints of romance thoughout, and it's becoming a bit more apparent now. We'll see how the rest of the episodes go.

I just watched episode 16. Another pretty good one, with some more mystery elements in it. It kind of seems like they're stretching it too much - like they're spreading out the mystery to put in more stuff to attract viewers, when all I really want is the mystery stuff. At least there wasn't too much gay manga club stuff in this episode. I don't know why they don't just show us Oreki's sister's face. It's just dumb that they don't.

Just watched ep 16, another good episode in my opinion, 5 more to go. I agree with Dan - the pacing is really messed up in the last 3 episodes, basically Oreki is not doing anything for 2-3 eps and in the last 5min of this ep he pulls an idea out of the blue, but I guess it kinda gives room for Satoshi and Ibara to get some screen time/development.

The "Oreki blushing at Chitanda scene" is getting a bit repetitive. The current mystery is at least interesting (then the shitty beach episode one -.-) and they are not overreacting like idiots about it so far.

The sneaky stuff with Oreki's sister continues and some more hits are given (apparently Chitanda knew her from before, but she's stupid so she doesn't recognize her).

I believe that Oreki's sister will be the last "arc" of the anime, it all started with her and it would seem fitting for it to end with "her mystery". So far she got Oreki to join the club for fuck knows what reason, Chitanda met her before and her uncle was her senpai (or something like that), she chatted with Irisu and apparently planned the whole "get Oreki to finish the shitty movie" thing. There are more stuff like the pen, manga and I guess there are a few more subtle hints here and there, but I can't remember.

Edited by killerinsidee