• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another okay episode? More like, another reason 2 hate chitanda...

shes interested in why her teacher made a mistake and why shes angry, its called a mistake, and a uncontrolled emotion, GET OVER IT

Another okay episode? More like, another reason 2 hate chitanda...

shes interested in why her teacher made a mistake and why shes angry, its called a mistake, and a uncontrolled emotion, GET OVER IT

That's what it seems like at first, but then Oreki realizes the real reason she wanted to know. She actually doesn't like being angry, and she wanted to find out why the teacher made that mistake so that her getting angry was also a mistake. This episode was supposed to give insight into the character of Chitanda.

Episode 7 - [ATTACH=CONFIG]4406[/ATTACH]

Nuff said.

That really is "Nuff said" - that was really the only point of this episode. It looks like the second novel will start from the next episode, so there will probably be another "big" mystery that spans several episodes.

Ep 8 was some kind of an introduction episode, kinda hard to classify it. They went overboard with stretching the intro to this "arc" and it got off rather boring. Watching the movie was rather tedious.

Only part of this ep that I found amusing was the female version of Oreki (kinda).

Edited by killerinsidee
Ep 8 was some kind of an introduction episode, kinda hard to classify it. They went overboard with stretching the intro to this "arc" and it got off rather boring. Watching the movie was rather tedious.

Only part of this ep that I found amusing, was the female version of Oreki (kinda).

It pretty much matched the novel, except for some small details. There's not much to say since this was just an intro to the next arc. Watching their movie was just painful with that bad acting. I agree that female Oreki was the only slightly amusing part of this episode.

This episode was pretty far from the original. They condensed the content to make it all fit into one episode. There were originally three separate meetings on three separate days with the class 2-F students, and each one was a lot longer and had more deliberation afterwards on the part of the Classics Club. The characters of the class 2-F members also didn't match how they were in the novel as well as they could have. I'm always biased by the fact that I read the novel first, but I think I'd still be disappointed with this episode even if I hadn't. And they had a good opportunity for some humor with the drunk Chitanda, but they didn't even do anything good with that situation.

This episode was pretty far from the original. They condensed the content to make it all fit into one episode. There were originally three separate meetings on three separate days with the class 2-F students, and each one was a lot longer and had more deliberation afterwards on the part of the Classics Club. The characters of the class 2-F members also didn't match how they were in the novel as well as they could have. I'm always biased by the fact that I read the novel first, but I think I'd still be disappointed with this episode even if I hadn't. And they had a good opportunity for some humor with the drunk Chitanda, but they didn't even do anything good with that situation.

Another meh episode imo. Some lame theories from those students and that's about it. I agree about the "Chitanda drunk part", it could have been better. It was nice to see the female Oreki at the end though.

I really liked this episode. First off, Chitanda was not in it (she was for 10sec, it doesn't count) so it was kinda different then all of the previous episodes. I kinda like the female Oreki better then her. Also, Oreki got to business real fast in this episode and the scenes between Irisu and him were pretty good imo. Overall this ep was an improvement over the last 2 so-so ones.

Episode 10, nuff said...THAT BEING SAID...whats "EBA?" i see it @ the end of ep 9 and 10 O_O :"Why didnt she as for EBA?" or something like that.

EBA is the female Oreki. Her name is Eba Kurako.

"Why didn't she ask EBA?" is part of the title of the second novel, which the mystery movie arc is based on.

Female oreki? Well that came out of the blue.

(for the anime)

That was killerinsidee's nickname for her:

It was nice to see the female Oreki at the end though.

It's a good one because she's like the female version of Oreki (the energy-saving aspect).

Actually, Eba is - Kurako Eba - MyAnimeList.net . The female Oreki is Irisu - Fuyumi Irisu - MyAnimeList.net .

oh... i always get those two mixed up. i'm already pretty bad with names, and i can't remember japanese names at all.

whenever i'm watching anime and they mention someone who isn't in it a lot, i have no idea who they're talking about, and it takes me forever to learn the names of characters in shows that have a lot of them.

Just watched ep 11. It followed the novel. I didn't like how they made everything seem like a big deal. There was dramatic music when everyone was telling Oreki that he got it wrong; Oreki got angry when he was talking to Irisu; etc. The whole thing didn't really matter and everyone was treating it like it was a big deal.

When I was reading the novel, I guessed the ending before his meeting with Irisu where they give you all the clues and then tell you. It wasn't very surprising or anything. What did you think of it?

Just watched ep 11. It followed the novel. I didn't like how they made everything seem like a big deal. There was dramatic music when everyone was telling Oreki that he got it wrong; Oreki got angry when he was talking to Irisu; etc. The whole thing didn't really matter and everyone was treating it like it was a big deal.

When I was reading the novel, I guessed the ending before his meeting with Irisu where they give you all the clues and then tell you. It wasn't very surprising or anything. What did you think of it?

It's exactly as you say (about the dramatic part). At the start of the episode when Oreki was talking to Satoshi, they animated it so intensely that even the voices didn't match the over-dramatic tone, it was an overkill right there. Also they indeed seem to care way too much about these trivial things and tend to overdo it on the drama.

The resolve was not bad, I liked the conclusion of this "arc" way better then the "Hyouka arc", there is still the question of who is that senpai who was chatting with Irisu, you could kinda guess at this point, but it's too early to think about it and maybe it's not all that relevant.

Overall it was an enjoyable episode for me, it had 1 or 2 laughs in it as well - Oreki's monotone " watashi kininarimasu " was kinda funny.

there is still the question of who is that senpai who was chatting with Irisu, you could kinda guess at this point, but it's too early to think about it and maybe it's not all that relevant.

It's so obvious

that it's his sister

And there I thought I'd be the only one who thought they made a way too big fuss about this school movie and how Oreki made it turn out.

I actually liked all of the previous episodes, but Episode 11 was really mediocre, if you ask me.