The "Chitanda knows her" thing could just be Chitanda realizing that she looks like Oreki.

Could be, but the fact is that Chitanda is kinda dumb about random shit. For an example, she can't remember where she saw the art style from the manga book and she goes into "watashi kininarimasu mode", while she saw that poster yesterday. Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. The question remains why is Oreki's sister's face hidden, maybe she has some distinctive facial feature which Chitanda recognized, it's kinda of a stretch though :> .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's probably no real reason to hide her face. The only reason I could think of to hide it from the viewers would be if there was a photograph or something that we'd seen before with her in it that could give something away, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. Maybe there will be something later on in the show, or maybe it's just pointless face-hiding.

Ep 17 - A pretty good conclusion to this arc, Oreki was pure win in the first half of the episode. Doubt I can ever get bored of listening to Nakamura Yuuichi rant about random stuff. The only crap part of the episode was the manga bullshit, I'm glad that's over. Nothing else to say about it. Next ep will either be filler or it will start off the final arc of the show.

Edited by killerinsidee
Ep 17 - A pretty good conclusion to this arc, Oreki was pure win in the first half of the episode. Doubt I can ever get bored of listening to Nakamura Yuuichi rant about random stuff. The only crap part of the episode was the manga bullshit, I'm glad that's over. Nothing else to say about it. Next ep will either be filler or it will start off the final arc of the show.

Yeah, that was a good end to the mystery. And I'm so glad the manga club crap is over.

The next ep will probably be filler. There are 7 episodes left, and I think the normal arcs are usually 5 eps, so there will probably be a filler ep, a normal arc, then another filler ep that serves as a conclusion to the series, or a 2-ep filler and a normal arc.

http://i.imgur.com/YlRrn.gif

Watashi, kininarimasu!

Yeah, that was a good end to the mystery. And I'm so glad the manga club crap is over.

The next ep will probably be filler. There are 7 episodes left, and I think the normal arcs are usually 5 eps, so there will probably be a filler ep, a normal arc, then another filler ep that serves as a conclusion to the series, or a 2-ep filler and a normal arc.

There are 21 episodes in total, as far as I know. So it's 4 left.

hmm... ANN says it's 24 eps; MAL says 21

If it is only 21 eps, then it will probably be original content for the rest of the show, because the only novel left looks like it would take more than 4 episodes.

Hmm, strange stuff. I personally trust MAL more then ANN, but I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Though I would like more episodes then less of course :>

In my experience, MAL is usually right about how many episodes are in a series when ANN isn't, but that's because ANN usually only has the ones that have been announced (so they usually have fewer than MAL). In this case, since ANN has more, I'm not sure what to believe.

Just finished episode 17. Good conclusion to the arc. I'm satisfied with the way they wrapped up the Jumanji Mystery. It's also hilarious to see the effort Oreki puts into preventing Chitanda from being disappointed. Looking forward to the Satoshi villain arc where he completely snaps and kills everyone.

Ep 18 - The predictable filler before the last arc. It had a bit more laughs then usual but still, filler is a filler. The mystery was kinda uninteresting to me. Only significant thing was the slight change of Oreki's behavior, but it was to be expected by the end of the series. Also, it's soo good not having any manga club bullshit anymore. Last arc next week.

Like you said, the mystery this ep wasn't very interesting, but they never are in the fillers. Everyone's reactions to Oreki being curious were pretty funny. I'm guessing that the arc starting next week will be an original arc. The title doesn't correspond to any novel, as far as I can tell. The title for the week after is "akemashite omedetou," which means "happy new year." It doesn't seem to have anything to do with next week's title, and it didn't seem like they were anywhere near january 1st in this week's episode, so it might just be fillers for the rest of the season, which would suck.

Caught up with episodes 18 and 19

Episode 18: Mostly filler. I have to say, the ending was pretty awesome from a character development perspective.

Episode 19: Mostly filler again. So Damn Close. Looks like Chitanda is getting tips from Mayaka with the glares. I thought that was pretty funny. Last two episodes might just be about the relationship buildup between Chitanda and Oreki. I'm going to be a bit disappointed if it's just more teasing with random fillers for the last 2 episodes.

Last two episodes might just be about the relationship buildup between Chitanda and Oreki.

If they're using stuff from the books, then it probably won't be. Most of the Chitanda/Oreki romance stuff is not in the books. Like all of the Chitanda being really close to Oreki and Oreki getting embarrassed - none of that is in the book. They added it to the anime to get more viewers. But they may have just made up the last 2 episodes, so it could very well be about romance.

Just let your imagination run wild. It's real in my eyes, god damnit.

Also, welcome to the group, Zaig :p. I was a bit late also. At least you don't have to wait a week for most of the episodes.

Yeah, but at the rate I'm going, I'll run out of episodes today or tomorrow, so I'll be joining the waiting game soon.

---------

Random Episode 12 Thoughts Because Not All of Us Are Awesome Enough to Be Current

Oh…oh my god. Chitanda jumping up and down in excitement while clapping her hands at watching the dancers was so incredibly cute. It made me sad when she suddenly stopped and said in a serious tone, “This isn’t the time to be doing this!” and ran off. Damn it, get back here and continue what you were doing! ...Although, even without that scene, she was pretty cute throughout the entire episode, getting all distracted. Get it together, Chitanda! You can do it!

EDIT: I've now officially joined the waiting game.

Edited by Zaig