I'm back in business!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/Cedric5859/DiabloIII2012-05-1523-12-08-98.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/Cedric5859/DiabloIII2012-05-1523-11-51-23.jpg

Lvl 9 fem monk

BattleTag®

Caelistas#2460

I'm still in college this morning, this afternoon i was goin to play co op with Daeverius in chapter 1, if you have the game installed by then we can play all together, me and daev will simply do those earlier quests with you then.

EDIT: And by this afternoon i mean, from 1 PM till..... I'm in GMT +1 timezone btw.

Edited by Caelistas

Some pics of me and Daev playing co-op, nobu if you wanna join, we are still busy playing.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/Cedric5859/DiabloIII2012-05-1613-36-26-76.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/Cedric5859/DiabloIII2012-05-1613-36-24-83.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/Cedric5859/DiabloIII2012-05-1614-44-04-50.jpg

Btw thanks again daev for those 2 epic fist weapons you bought me on the auction house!

Okay guys, here's the point. I'm way too lazy to read through all of those Diablo 3 boards and so I'll keep myself short, is this game any good? I mean its looks reminds me of good, old Dungeon Siege. (Not the sequel, DS 2 was a serious case for the trashcan) So yeah, I would be very thankful for a short review, or first impressions, preferable from a Diablo 2 sucker.

I just finished my first playthrough on Normal Difficulty as Monk, so heres what i can say about the game.

It is shorter than Diablo 2, there are people that already made a speedrun of 4 hours for normal diff. It took me 20 hours(19:34 hours on my monk character), why this much ? Because i wasnt rushing ANYTHING i played in normal pace, checked most of the areas for lore , items and anything, played together with Caelistas. Thats it about time of the game. Difficulty, comparing it again to Diablo 2 normal is very easy, its not easy that you WONT die whole game but i died less than 10 hell maybe less than 5 times through whole difficulty. On the other hand i was close to dying MANY times even though i had superb items from auction house(it would be hard to get any better). And yes i was dying and had problems with those kinds of amazing items. Bosses are easy, i died only on one boss. Monk was a very fun character to play with him i really like him.

Story. Dont expect anything from main story besides very well made movies. You can pretty much expect everything that will happen in story before it happens and some things in quite a long run. On the other hand , there is lots of books,lore and storys behind your followers and other characters. These were made really nice , they were interesting. Oh right i almost forgot, if you dont know story of D2 and Diablo Universe then you actually may not see some thing coming in main story. Now back to other npcs, i like my followers and artisans ,theirs background was nice. Ok i think thats enough about things other than gameplay.

Now whats most important in Diablo, which is gameplay. Im not really a fan of Hack'n'Slash games, i almost always got bored on beginning or in middle of them. The only ones i actually finished were Diablo 2(only cus friend was nagging me , game was great but i didnt like characters and their skills in it ) and Dungeon Siege 3 (nice HnS but bad DS continuation with actually interesting story). I really like that blizzard made it so every lvl you get some new stuff, instead of grinding one lvl for 1 hour (and in order to get some new things you need like 3 lvls) you just cant wait for every lvl hoping that it will bring some interesting change to your playstyle. Some people say that its way too user friendly now, easy and etc. I cant disagree but it doesnt change the fact that most people today DONT want to learn the game and mechanics for like 3-4 hours BEFORE playing the game just so they wouldnt fuck up their characters. I agree that they there should be something more instead of getting everything for free but its not that bad. Whats most important is that i didnt get bored with killing endless waves of monsters and had fun in game(and thats before serious stuff starts, now im waiting for Cael to get to Nightmare so both of us could go at it at the same time).

Story, Gameplay, did i miss anything important ? Well if you dont know if you should buy the game or not , then i yell: WAIT. If you are not sure that you want to play then that price might HURT. Ask someone for Starter Edition(aka Demo) so you could try it, watch some movies on youtube, wait and see what blizzard will do with the game. Its a good game, but unless i see more of it i cant say if it was worth those moneys. Daeverius out :D

EDIT

Here is a video of 1st boss in game on Inferno (Highest) Difficulty.

Edited by Daeverius

Comparatively really easy, didn't die yet but hen again, only act 1 bosses :p, and from what I've seen, it's not as long as Daev said which makes me want my 60 bucks back... But I guess I'll make the most out of it, I can give u one of my guest passes if u want to try the demo

Nobu, dont worry about length of the game, point of whole HnS games is to REplay everything many times in order to get stuff you want, i for one am actually glad that D3 takes only this much time. First time i died was in Act 2 in certain place, i simply entered idiotically big wave of mobs when i had most of my things on cd. If its about being close to dying or dying , wait for act 3 and 4 (dont expect anything from bosses though on normal).

Never actually played one of these before as I'm not usually into it.

I may look into getting this though, But shall need to check the PC Req's beforehand..

Meh just checked ..

http://puu.sh/vdNc

Edited by Dubs

Just a tip for anyone that plans to buy Diablo 3 any time soon. I noticed that some people on this forum have bad internet connections, so I need to warn you - If your connection is very slow, have disconnect issues or unreliable internet, you will NOT be able to play it properly. Even if you plan to play alone i.e. " single player" you will have problems if your internet sucks. There is no offline mode, everything is connected with the server - your spells, mob spawning, map generation, item drops etc. In other words, you will lag(slowdowns, timeouts) even when playing alone if your internet is unreliable. You NEED to be online at all times, single player or otherwise, no way around it. If your internet dies, you simply won't be able to play it at all.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying it, just make sure that you can actually play it in the first place before spending 60 dollars on something that won't work properly for you. If you want more info about the issues, check the Diablo 3 battlenet forums. Though I would not recommend going to that forum, since it's just full of whining and bitching.

Edited by killerinsidee
Never actually played one of these before as I'm not usually into it.

I may look into getting this though, But shall need to check the PC Req's beforehand..

Meh just checked ..

http://puu.sh/vdNc

According to it you need at least Radeon HD 4870 , i say its bullshit. Im playing right now on Radeon HD 3870, i do have some fps drops from time to time when like 40-50 enemies comes at me at once , but its more like games getting slower than a simply freeze so its alright if you ask me, and i play on high settings besides shadow.

According to it you need at least Radeon HD 4870 , i say its bullshit. Im playing right now on Radeon HD 3870, i do have some fps drops from time to time when like 40-50 enemies comes at me at once , but its more like games getting slower than a simply freeze so its alright if you ask me, and i play on high settings besides shadow.

It is indeed bullshit, a £700 PC and they gave it the crappiest VC in the world, And I've never bothered to upgrade it since I've had it as it can actually handle games perfectly fine on all Very High settings, I'm not actually sure how it does it but it just does.

Heh, same here . Most of the games on very high besides shadows(my card just hates shadows), only newest games that came out not so long ago (BF3 Witcher 2 etc) work on medium-low. After buying D3 and GW2 now i will start gathering cash for new VC. Either way from what i see , D3 should work on your PC without problems.