Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Seeing as how this is a summer anime adapted from a visual novel, I figured I'd make a thread for it. The first episode airs on July 5th.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate follows the protagonist Yūki Ōjima, who attends Takafuji Private Academy a large school with over 6,000 students. Yūki is a member of the Food Research Club along with seven others, including his childhood friend Chisato Sumiyoshi. The members leisurely spend their time in the club not doing much activities. When the election of the next student council president comes up, the front runner Satsuki Shinonome proposes that clubs that have no merit should be sorted out and abolished. The Food Research Club seeks advice from the current student council president Yakumo Mōri, who suggests Yūki run in the election as an opposing candidate. Yūki learns about the issues facing the school and decides to run in the election.

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzlGkbatrI

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you switch 'all' with 'most' then I've to agree.

yeah...agree on what Baa-chan says..

not all VN adaptation sucks..just some...

after all..it depends on who and how the script goes~~

You're both right, I've I overreacted...

like all VN adaptations, it will be crappy, almost as bad as light novel adaptions.

Wasn't Yosuga no Sora a VN adaptation? The Anime for that was epic.

Also I shall look into this but chances are I won't like it.

I hafta say, 3rd good show this season, really looking forward 2 the next epi :). since i didnt read the VN, idc about how well its adapted, plus the animations were pretty good, not crazy, but definitely on par w/ the current standards.

-the music after the OP reminded me of something but i kinda forgot, i think it was probably Amagami? maybe not.

Episode 1

That was a dark beginning for a harem anime. I did not expect that at all.

Overall, it was a good first episode. Liking how it jumped right into a main conflict.

i wonder whose route will get animated , i was surprised when sena's route in mashiro didnt get animated (felt pissed in Miu senpai's route)

Me too. I thought Sena's route would be animated. It's okay that they didn't do hers, but why did they pick Miu? She had no personality and a boring story. Inui's story was much more interesting. Even Sakuno would have been a better choice. I just don't see the reasoning behind animating Miu's route.

That was a dark beginning for a harem anime. I did not expect that at all.

Same here, I was not expecting that. So far this anime's not bad. I'm gonna keep watching it. It will probably turn out pretty good and make me want to play it. Then I'll be sad because it's not translated.

I was a little confused with the propeller on that guy's head and the mask that only the protagonist could see - what was with that?

I was a little confused with the propeller on that guy's head and the mask that only the protagonist could see - what was with that?

Yeah, that was weird. I'm not sure what was going on, and I don't know if we'll ever get an answer. Perhaps used for comedy?

Yeah, that was weird. I'm not sure what was going on, and I don't know if we'll ever get an answer. Perhaps used for comedy?

I think maybe they had the propeller and the henohenomoheji face in the game as a visual gag, then used it in the anime to make a joke on their own joke. Who knows?

Me too. I thought Sena's route would be animated. It's okay that they didn't do hers, but why did they pick Miu? She had no personality and a boring story. Inui's story was much more interesting. Even Sakuno would have been a better choice. I just don't see the reasoning behind animating Miu's route.

Same here, I was not expecting that. So far this anime's not bad. I'm gonna keep watching it. It will probably turn out pretty good and make me want to play it. Then I'll be sad because it's not translated.

Hey , i also thought that sena's route in mashiiro would b the one , i got trolled and dissapointed at the end hahahaha , i was hoping for inui's route to be the one animated......

As for the propeller and mask thing , i do hope that in the future episodes it would have some value in it by having us seeing it in the early stages.

Hope the anime would continue to be good so that it will motivate ppl to translate the VN

As for the propeller and mask thing , i do hope that in the future episodes it would have some value in it by having us seeing it in the early stages.

I just watched episode 2, and there was no propeller or mask, but i saw the propeller in the next episode preview.

well that was interesting... confuseing, but interesting... I think

Did that girl get hit with a car in the game?

Yeah, I kinda had the same reaction.

I haven't played the game, so I can't answer your question.

The second episode was funny, and I found it more entertaining than the previous. The downside is I REALLY want to play Chisato's route. But for now, I will root for her in the anime. GO, childhood friend!

The second episode was funny, and I found it more entertaining than the previous. The downside is I REALLY want to play Chisato's route. But for now, I will root for her in the anime. GO, childhood friend!

I'm guessing they're going with her route, since the chocolate thing in the title seems to be about her.

I'm guessing they're going with her route, since the chocolate thing in the title seems to be about her.

That, and apparently the visual novel forces you to complete her route first, iirc. But I'm thinking it could go either her or Shinonome at the moment.

Totally in love with Chisato right now. Wish I could find the Visual Novel somewhere though :( I kinda really wanna play it after watching the first two episodes of KoiChoco.

There's no english patch though :(

But here's a torrent for the japanese version: torrent

Edited by Dan.
Oh, do you know where I can get a working NoDVD?

You can try this: NoDVD

Rename the original koichoco.exe and koichoco.bmp to something else, then put the ones from that link into the game folder. If you have problems, delete the file"ksc-license.dat" in the "config" folder inside the main game folder.

You can try this: NoDVD

Rename the original koichoco.exe and koichoco.bmp to something else, then put the ones from that link into the game folder. If you have problems, delete the file"ksc-license.dat" in the "config" folder inside the main game folder.

I downloaded it and opened it, but nothing happened. :/

The strange thing is, koichoco.exe is already renamed to something else in the torrent you sent me, and there is no "config" folder, nor "ksc-license.dat" file, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Untitled.jpg