• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played an eroge but I'm ready to try, any recommendations?

I really like romance though so that might help.

Also I like petite heroines :) they dont have to be curvy haha (even loli is fine actually id like that too)

thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong place

a new one huh??? welcome to the forums...

for starters, I recommend

CLANNAD

Fate/Stay Night

how do you guys feel about playing ones not translated? is it a pain having to look up dialogue

You can use a machine translator. Short and quick guide - here. As for playing games not translated, I wouldn't recommend doing it with complicated or story heavy VNs. Machine translators are best used for simple stories and nukiges. Its up to you in the end though. Don't expect a good translation.

how do you guys feel about playing ones not translated? is it a pain having to look up dialogue

not everyone here does that...

I can understand japanese but I can't read or write it, I only know it by sound... I can only read/play some untranslated VOICED VNs and still needs the help of translators for the unvoiced parts and choices...

But on my opinion, as you like what VN you're reading/playing, you'll still do it whatever it takes to read/play it even if it's untranslated...

Also I was researching while playing Hoshizora no memoria and it seems thats just a basic light novel correct? abbreviated NVL right? then there are other kinds of light novels with a ADV which means it has more interaction other than once in a while choosing an option right?

ADV and NVL are terms used to show how text is displayed in a VN. ADV is what most people prefer.. this when the text is presented at the bottom of the screen... usually most VNs have a ADV type format. NVL is when there is no special window.. the text is pretty much laid out on the whole screen.

Ohhhhh alright I understand now, you guys are really helpful. sorry I'm such a noob haha. one last question then, is there a way to find how often I get to actually make choices? i dont mind the one i'm playing now but it seems like ive gotten two choices of things to say in the 4+ hours i was playing, and do some have other interactive points? like choosing who to talk to or where to go.

Ohhhhh alright I understand now, you guys are really helpful. sorry I'm such a noob haha. one last question then, is there a way to find how often I get to actually make choices? i dont mind the one i'm playing now but it seems like ive gotten two choices of things to say in the 4+ hours i was playing, and do some have other interactive points? like choosing who to talk to or where to go.

Well, if you want to know how many choices there are, you can look up a walkthrough of that specific VN. Some VNs will not have a lot of choices... other VNs have hundreds of choices. It really all depends on the VN you are playing. Usually a VN with multiple routes, you can choose who you want to talk to and pursue down their path.

don't worry, this is an online forums...

this is where we ask, we answer, and we share info...

Well yea, just some forums are a little less welcoming.

@desi ahh I see, ill just look for one like that then, I dont mind having less choices but sometimes in hoshizora no memoria it seems like ill be going hours before a choice pops up