Visual Novels Translation Status [10/27/2013]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind about the h-scenes,but why so concerned with loli content?it's not like they will give the full game pre-patched and stuff.Other groups that made patches for games with lolicon content don't mind that and sometimes even give alternate patches with the sex removed,why not doing the same?

Desi - A person who doesn't give a shit about sex scenes, as long as it's not incest.

Damn.. you have me all figured out.

I don't mind about the h-scenes,but why so concerned with loli content?it's not like they will give the full game pre-patched and stuff.Other groups that made patches for games with lolicon content don't mind that and sometimes even give alternate patches with the sex removed,why not doing the same?

They're pretty much only an all-ages translation group anyways. Don't think they really like working with 18+ stuff in general.

If it doesn't affect the story in any way then I'm cool with it as well.

Back with Konosora they didn't just remove the h-scenes, they also removed all "improper" content and references.

Lemnisca said they'll keep the references and stuff so I guess it'll be something like "and then they got intimate..." when it's h-scene time and move on with the story, so yeah, seems ok to me.

I think it's time to separate decent erogames to purely perverted erogames.

1. Visual Novels surely has no/shouldn't have any sex scenes at all. eg Clannad.

2. Eroge Games, sex scenes comes at the end, only once (max twice), played for story mainly. eg. Kanon, MuvLuv

3. H Games, sex here and there, sex on start to end...almost pointless plot. eg. Bukaka Ranch

1. Visual Novels surely has no/shouldn't have any sex scenes at all. eg Clannad.

2. Eroge Games, sex scenes comes at the end, only once (max twice), played for story mainly. eg. Kanon, MuvLuv

3. H Games, sex here and there, sex on start to end...almost pointless plot. eg. Bukaka Ranch

...........what????

you mean nakige/nukige games.

I thought it was "all ages", "eroge" and "nukige"...

An eroge or H-game is basically any Japanese game that features sexual content. Many visual novels are eroge and many eroge are visual novels, but this is not a rule. The definition of dating sim is a bit more vague, but it's usually the same as a visual novel, except that a dating sim generally uses a gameplay based on statistics. There are no strict bounds to the definition of "visual novel", most eroge and dating sims include elements of visual novels, but may - strictly speaking - not be visual novels themselves.

And there you have it.

Cross' dainty dictionary

Visual Novel

- any game with narration, focus on stories and characters and that features typical elements of presentation (sprites, CGs, backgrounds, textbox/text on screen)

Dating Sim

- a game that features statistic-based gameplay ("raise your stamina to get the athletic girl!"), will most likely feature VN elements

Eroge / H-game

- any game (visual novel or not) that features any kind of explicit erotic material, from rape simulators without text to long VNs with one soft H-scene

Sound Novel / Kinetic Novel / linear Visual Novel

- a visual novel without choices, therefore completely linear

Nukige

- a visual novel that focuses on explicit erotic material

Nakige

- a type of visual novels that creates a melancholic vibe to make the reader feel more for the characters (example: KEY)

Utsuge

- a type of visual novels that feature downright depressing twists and settings to make the reader cry (exmple: Kana - Little Sister)

Otomege

- a game aimed at females, features good looking boys to romance (Bishonen)

Bishoujo game / Galge / Gal Game

- any game that deals with romancing cute girls (Bishoujos)

Edited by Cross