Forums structure

I don't think is a good idea to make a sub-forum for each game, considering there are hundreds and the forum will not look good aesthetically speaking. For example:

Eroge Section

- Game 1

- Game 2

- Game 3

- Game 4

- Game 5

- Game 6

- Game 7

- Game 8

- Game 9

- Game 10

What you can do is in a single section like "Eroge talk" make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".

EDIT: Thinking about it we will have the same problem like the sub-forums, full of stickys and they will be hard to find.

Considering how ex mangafox have a sub forum for each manga and they have literally thousands of those i dont realy see why we wouldent be able to make it work with a few hundred games.

Edited by logros
typo
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walkthroughs and tutorials/troubleshooting are already in the "Home" section, I don't see the need of putting them again in each game thread/sub-forum.

Hmmm like... for example.

- Monster Girl Quest

- Muv-Luv

- Eien no Aselia

- Fate/Stay Night ect. (Talking about good games)

- Other games (for not-so-discussed games)

I like it :D

Yeah, thats pretty much what i had in mind , but there will be have to be more games than what u mentioned so that everyone can find something for himself, is there a possibility to make a hidden sub-forums? Then we would just make a sticky thread with links inside to every subforum we need and it wouldnt look so bad on the outside .

It doesnt have to be about each game, i meant every english game that was uploaded on the site , but if even this will be too much then we should choose the best ones/those we know there will be multiple disccusions and make them a subforums, if we will make each thread a sticky about game then it wont be any different then comments , like it was said before it will be all jumbled mumbled.

Currently there's over 200 english games posted, and with each year a couple more are added. Creating separate forum for every one would be impractical. Maybe the most popular ones? Or maybe general forum for all games, with few designated threads for each game ( main thread, technical support thread, walkthrough thread+final impressions)...

Considering how ex mangafox have a sub forum for each manga and they have literally thousands of those i dont realy see why we wouldent be able to make it work with a few hundred games.

I don't think there're many people willing to discuss "Immoral Study" or some niche, long-forgotten game from 10 years ago.

Yeah, thats pretty much what i had in mind , but there will be have to be more games than what u mentioned so that everyone can find something for himself, is there a possibility to make a hidden sub-forums? Then we would just make a sticky thread with links inside to every subforum we need and it wouldnt look so bad on the outside .

Yes, it's very easy to make them - just a few clicks (for example all comments to articles from front page are stored in hidden sub-forum already).

I really like this engine compared to wordpress - it has so much more features...

I guess then that it is not possible to make hidden sub forums eh. If there is no other option then we should stick to doing few subforums about the most talked eroges atm and then simply making subforum for the rest of VNs.

EDIT

Im pretty sure that some people would talk about eroge from 10 years ago, yes i mean YU-NO ;D

EDIT2

Oh, u didnt finish reading all the posts, good there is still possiblity of making hidden-etc etc(hsf for short in future ;p)

Edited by Daeverius

I agree with Ivan, Having a subfolder for each different game is very impractical.

I think there should be a section where people can discuss the games by name if they wish. However only one thread per game to keep sheer size down, and the thread has to be created by the person or persons wanting to talk about it.

Example:

Eroge Games

>Game specific Discussion

>>Random Game: Created by Warrof

>>Random Game 2: Created by Ryu

>>Random Game 3: Created by Iogros

Sorry for useing names but that was the best way to show what I meant.

Along with a sticky that shows the rules for this specific area of the forum. Which btw should be the norm for every sub-topic in the forum.

As for the Anime/Manga section, I do agree. It would allow people to make friends and share idea and interests. Besides you can come up with some really weird and fun topic to talk about when considering a specific anime or manga. For example, im arguing with a guy on Mangafox about temporal mechanics in the Manga "Negima".

If you have records you can see the traffic of how many Gb/Tb people downloaded before the filesonic fiasco and make sub-forums for the Top 10 games maybe?

Traffic alone is not representative stat, since various games have various sizes. I can use site's visitors log for it (for example "Monster Girl Quest" download page was visited 17,606 times this month so far, where SonoHanabira 4 one got only 1,262), but it's not a measure either - short,unpopular, but controversial game can have much more discussion, than some random nukige that was downloaded thousands of times.

Well, for section +18, we might be needed to confirm AGE of BIRTH and NUMBER of POST.

Let's the veteran do the jobs.

And the forum layout need to modify a bit.

Suggesting -

Karma vote

Award/level

Custom Title name icon

Aaaaand. You seriously need to start create a rule regarding forum, graphic and few other stuff in each section. Mind that, some underage brat might surfing this site while cheating their age to download +18 stuff, so yea.

I agree with Ivan, Having a subfolder for each different game is very impractical.

I think there should be a section where people can discuss the games by name if they wish. However only one thread per game to keep sheer size down, and the thread has to be created by the person or persons wanting to talk about it.

Example:

Eroge Games

Game specific Discussion

Random Game: Created by Warrof

Random Game 2: Created by Ryu

Random Game 3: Created by Iogros

Sorry for useing names but that was the best way to show what I meant.

Along with a sticky that shows the rules for this specific area of the forum. Which btw should be the norm for every sub-topic in the forum.

As for the Anime/Manga section, I do agree. It would allow people to make friends and share idea and interests. Besides you can come up with some really weird and fun topic to talk about when considering a specific anime or manga. For example, im arguing with a guy on Mangafox about temporal mechanics in the Manga "Negima".

One thread per game? U have no idea how many people want to talk/argue about games like FS/N Muv-Luv , and one topic will simply not be enough for all users to freely talk about what they want in this eroge.

I know that making subforums for all games is too much , but if we can make those hsf then there shouldnt be much problem about making at least those for most populars eroges.

Edited by Daeverius
Currently there's over 200 english games posted, and with each year a couple more are added. Creating separate forum for every one would be impractical. Maybe the most popular ones? Or maybe general forum for all games, with few designated threads for each game ( main thread, technical support thread, walkthrough thread+final impressions)...

rather sub-forums only for the popular than sticky's since said stickys would have the same problem as the comments in the first place (ie everything jumbled together in a big mess) thus missing the whole point of having it at the forums in the first place.

I don't think there're many people willing to discuss "Immoral Study" or some niche, long-forgotten game from 10 years ago.

*shrug* Then in the worst case they will remain empty (find that very unlikely for most games though) dont really see the problem with that though, its not like it takes any resources (besides a minimal amount of hdd space) or effort to maintain them once created right?

I know what your saying but if you do as i say then there is less clutter, your way you could have several dozen topic just to discuss different aspects of the same game. and thus et the less used topic get buried under the landslide. On KonohaNation they had that problem big time, same with another forums i visited for a really long time before they shut down because of stupid 12-16 year olds.

Edited by warrof
Aaaaand. You seriously need to start create a rule regarding forum, graphic and few other stuff in each section. Mind that, some underage brat might surfing this site while cheating their age to download +18 stuff, so yea.

This is very interesting topic you've touched - i'm not going to ask people to send me scans of their driving license to prove they are 18+, if they say they are adult during registration process, then i can assume they are. I belive it's parent's responsibility to keep track what their kids do on the Internet.

As for the rules themselves - I think it's best to leave it to users, what kind of forums they want to get - i'm just only administrator here, only enforcing the rules everyone agreed on. I want this forum to be "by users, for users".

I know what your saying but if you do as i say then there is less clutter, your way you could have several dozen topic just to discuss different aspects of the same game.

And thats exactly what we want(i think) its still better than having only one thread for certain games because it wont be different than comment section on site.

*shrug* Then in the worst case they will remain empty (find that very unlikely for most games though) dont really see the problem with that though, its not like it takes any resources (besides a minimal amount of hdd space) or effort to maintain them once created right?

I think so too.

One thread per game? U have no idea how many people want to talk/argue about games like FS/N Muv-Luv , and one topic will simply not be enough for all users to freely talk about what they want in this eroge.

I know that making subforums for all games is too much , but if we can make those hsf then there shouldnt be much problem about making at least those for most populars eroges.

You can just divided them into each separate company. How is that sound?

As for the rules themselves - I think it's best to leave it to users, what kind of forums they want to get - i'm just only administrator here, only enforcing the rules everyone agreed on. I want this forum to be "by users, for users".

I get what you mean by that but with out some strict rules things could get out of hand very quickly and thus cause the forum to disintigrate. Also i think some commen sence is in order. Such as limiting the foul language to like a rant forum, with the eroge it is gonna be hard to stop people from talking about innapropriete stuff (yes I'm old fashioned that way) so don't even try in that regard.

As i read more and more posts in this thread, i think creating separate forum for each game would indeed be the best. To make it easier to navigate they could be divided into two sections : "Recently Released Games" section which now would contain "Forest", "Koenchu", "My girlfriend is the president, "katawa shoujo" and dozen other, and as new titles are released, certain forums are moved to second section "Older Games".

I like that idea that will limit over all clutter and still let people talk about what ever they want

That's when we called, NO OFFTOPIC for each discussion.

1 topic simply discuss current game.

That's why we need to construct simple rules/Basic rules.

I get what you mean by that but with out some strict rules things could get out of hand very quickly and thus cause the forum to disintigrate. Also i think some commen sence is in order. Such as limiting the foul language to like a rant forum, with the eroge it is gonna be hard to stop people from talking about innapropriete stuff (yes I'm old fashioned that way) so don't even try in that regard.

I'm not talking about "no rules at all" /b/ style. Rather than that, i'll make new thread "okay guys, we need some kind of rules to keep this forum clean. Any suggestions?"

As i read more and more posts in this thread, i think creating separate forum for each game would indeed be the best. To make it easier to navigate they could be divided into two sections : "Recently Released Games" section which now would contain "Forest", "Koenchu", "My girlfriend is the president, "katawa shoujo" and dozen other, and as new titles are released, certain forums are moved to second section "Older Games".

Thats really good idea, with this everyone should get what they want more or less.