Forums structure

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do with the basics.

About / feedback

Offtopic (add other offtops after it grows like):

- the offtopic is so off that it's totally offtopic (aka boobiez~!)

- some specific offtops that grow with time (other than boobiez): games, music, movies... stuff like that

user powered DL (do what you want with this, just have 18+ and normal sections separated)

The Shoutbox - every proper forum needs one.

You should most probably make subforums for every english translated game you have uploaded, also one big for discussion on jap games, maybe a corner where we can talk about learning japanese. A FAQ thread about applocale , switching to jap location. Also im really glad forum is finally here. If u need help give us a sign (or me at least , i will try to do what i can , i have lots of free time at my hands atm[and most probably for the next few months]).

You should most probably make subforums for every english translated game you have uploaded

You can discuss the games that i already uploaded by posting comments on their respective article pages (there are some technical details here, but basically every article is separate thread)

I really like ideas posted so far in this thread. Keep 'em comming!

You can discuss the games that i already uploaded by posting comments on their respective article pages (there are some technical details here, but basically every article is separate thread)

I really like ideas posted so far in this thread. Keep 'em comming!

Its true that we can discuss the games by posting comments , but some people just wont even try to read comments before asking xth time about something not working etc, also i think its easier to discuss on forum after all thats what forums usually are for while comments are ... for comments lol, u cant really make a proper discussion there(or rather u can but its not as good as here).

Its true that we can discuss the games by posting comments , but some people just wont even try to read comments before asking xth time about something not working etc, also i think its easier to discuss on forum after all thats what forums usually are for while comments are ... for comments lol, u cant really make a proper discussion there(or rather u can but its not as good as here).

I agree. It is better to discuss it in the forums.

How about news and updates about the new and upcoming releases?

That can be done quite easily and its actually good idea, with this there shouldnt be much questions about when x will be released.

There is a erm... thread(not sure how its called on 4chan ;p) on 4chan where they update progress on all translations weekly, we can ask them if we can borrow this list or at least post link to it every week.

I agree. It is better to discuss it in the forums.

Okay, i'll look into it.

That's exactly the kind of feedback i was hoping for when i opened up unfinished forum.

Im not sure if there is a need for a subforum for sharing torrents, admin gives very good links on homepage and soon he might even add his own torrents(he was experimenting with Osanajimi recently if i remember it right).Besides with all those ACTAS SOPAS and rest i think its better to make forum without downloads from other users too.Homepage is enough if u ask me.

i guess, a subforum to share a torrent maybe? sounds stupid but i have no idea, :|

Yeah, why not? I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of people prefers torrent than DDL. Just need a constant seeders or else it will be dead quite fast.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about what happened to hongfire. Maybe it's not a good idea after all. o_O

Yeah, why not? I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of people prefers torrent than DDL. Just need a constant seeders or else it will be dead quite fast.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about what happened to hongfire. Maybe it's not a good idea after all. o_O

I'll be providing both torrents and mediafire links. Yesterday i added first torrent for test at erogedownload (my girlfriend is the president) and it's performing great - a lot of people are seeding and people are getting great speeds.

Torrents are completely legal over here, so no worries about going down hongfire's path.

Good afternoon Ivan, nice job on the forum.

Well, first, you have to decide to make the forum exclusively for eroge/visual novels, or go with anime, manga, h-ovas ect.

My suggestions are:

Main Section

- Site Announcement & News

- Introductions

- Support Center (For bug reports or errors reports in the forum.)

General Talk section (if you decide to allow other stuff besides eroge.)

- General

- Offtopic

- Cinema and Music

- Gaming

- Politics

Anime/Manga Section (like above, only if you decide to allow other stuff beside eroge)

- Anime Talk

- Anime Reviews

- Manga Talk

Eroge Section

- Eroge Talk ---------------> sub-forums: -Japanese Eroge

-------------------------------------------English Eroge

- Eroge Reviews

- Download section ---------> sub-forums: - Torrents

------------------------------------------- Direct Downloads

That all I could think of right now, we will see what more can you add as the site grows.

Edited by Ryu
Added some stuff

Then there is a possibility of adding a forum for torrents, though im not sure for what seeing as admin will add his own torrents.Another suggestion for forum is depending on whether we will be focusing only on VNs or on the rest of this eee genre , i mean we can always add subforums to talk about manga and anime.

Good afternoon Ivan, nice job on the forum.

Well, first, you have to decide to make the forum exclusively for eroge/visual novels, or go with anime, manga, h-ovas ect.

My suggestions are:

Main Section

- Site Announcement & News

- Introductions

- Support Center (For bug reports or errors reports in the forum.)

General Talk section (if you decide to allow other stuff besides eroge.)

- General

- Offtopic

- Cinema and Music

- Gaming

- Politics

Anime/Manga Section (like above, only if you decide to allow other stuff beside eroge)

- Anime Talk

- Anime Reviews

- Manga Talk

Eroge Section

- Eroge Talk

- Eroge Reviews

- Download section

Download Section sub-forums

- Torrents

- Direct Downloads

That all I could think of right now, we will see what more can you add as the site grows.

Like i said before , im not sure if its good idea to add Download Section,as for Eroge Section i think it should be more like that:

Eroge Section

-Translated Eroge

--Subsection for every eroge on site so we can easily find thread about game we want to talk about

-Section for talking about all eroges translated and not, overall discussions about eroge etc.

Rest is good Ryu

EDIT

Seems like i was too slow and u already edited your version for better.

EDIT2

Im not exactly sure if its a good idea to make a Review section for Eroges, from what i know about people the only thing that will happen is a war between fans about what is better and worser.

Edited by Daeverius

Fully support the idea of sub forums for each game to since separate topics makes makes it much easier find what you are interested in and ignore what your not, in the comments game discussion, help requests, "thanks you"s etc are all jumbled together in a great mess making discussion difficult. not to mentions that longer posts like game reviews and the like arent really practical there.

Edit:

Im not exactly sure if its a good idea to make a Review section for Eroges, from what i know about people the only thing that will happen is a war between fans about what is better and worser.

while as i mentioned i think Reviews should go in each games own sub forum rather then a separate Review forum i strongly opose avoiding them altogether, player Reviews are one of the most useful tools there is for finding games one might like for people who (unlike me :p) dont simply play everything and avoiding them just to prevent flame wars is meaningless since trolls will just find something else to complain about (from my experiance rather than giving in liberal use of the bannhammer is the best cure for trolls...).

Edited by logros

I don't think is a good idea to make a sub-forum for each game, considering there are hundreds and the forum will not look good aesthetically speaking. For example:

Eroge Section

- Game 1

- Game 2

- Game 3

- Game 4

- Game 5

- Game 6

- Game 7

- Game 8

- Game 9

- Game 10

What you can do is in a single section like "Eroge talk" make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".

EDIT: Thinking about it we will have the same problem like the sub-forums, full of stickys and they will be hard to find.

Edited by Ryu

Eroges should have an easy to access walkthrough or a link to one.

Detailed what-to-click-during-install may be useful in some cases.

Solving technical problems was mentioned.

Done as sticky threads in each eroge subforums, maybe?

And yes, subforums are a must have.

I don't think is a good idea to make a sub-forum for each game, considering there are hundreds and the forum will not look good aesthetically speaking. For example:

Eroge Section

- Game 1

- Game 2

- Game 3

- Game 4

- Game 5

- Game 6

- Game 7

- Game 8

- Game 9

- Game 10

What you can do is make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".

It doesnt have to be about each game, i meant every english game that was uploaded on the site , but if even this will be too much then we should choose the best ones/those we know there will be multiple disccusions and make them a subforums, if we will make each thread a sticky about game then it wont be any different then comments , like it was said before it will be all jumbled mumbled.

Eroges should have an easy to access walkthrough or a link to one.

Detailed what-to-click-during-install may be useful in some cases.

Solving technical problems was mentioned.

Done as sticky threads in each eroge subforums, maybe?

And yes, subforums are a must have.

Walkthroughs and tutorials/troubleshooting are already in the "Home" section, I don't see the need of putting them again in each game thread/sub-forum.

It doesnt have to be about each game, i meant every english game that was uploaded on the site , but if even this will be too much then we should choose the best ones/those we know there will be multiple disccusions and make them a subforums, if we will make each thread a sticky about game then it wont be any different then comments , like it was said before it will be all jumbled mumbled.

Hmmm like... for example.

- Monster Girl Quest

- Muv-Luv

- Eien no Aselia

- Fate/Stay Night ect. (Talking about good games)

- Other games (for not-so-discussed games)

I like it :D

Edited by Ryu
Walkthroughs and tutorials/troubleshooting are already in the "Home" section, I don't see the need of putting them again in each game thread/sub-forum.

Well it would be better to have them in one place and linked to eroge?

Also I think having them all in forum is better than in "Home" section. Just my thoughts;]