What eroges are you playing right now?

Moero Downhill Night Blaze (It'll be up on ED/EG soon enough. Just need Ivan to login now.)

Finally back to some VN reading! From what I've done so far, I can say that it's pretty cool for those of us who have finished the previous titles in the series. The story in Blaze is something of a "what if?" scenario to the story in Moero 2. So having read Moero 2 before going into this one is definitely a plus if you ask me. And well, having read Moero 1 is a plus if you're going to read Moero 2... It's not majorly important, but still.

Good to see the characters again, for sure. Kei is awesomesauce. But hey, I like the other ones too.

The gameplay? Um... a racing minigame, basically. Don't expect something amazing (who would?). It's probably going to get really bad/boring later on after the first playthrough, though I can't say that with 100% certainty just yet. Playing with a gamepad is quite nice indeed, since you've got variable acceleration thanks to the analog stick.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, 5 more hours of reading Muv-Luv Alternative, and still seems like a long way to go.

Where I'm at so far:

After that long drawn out bit of combat with the Shogun, they've returned to base, have gotten their promotions and are about to test the new OS.

Felt like a good pausing point, and I'm a bit wore out after the constant tension effect from this former story arc. My teeth are sore, and it feels like I was sitting there biting down hard for hours. The main character's wishy-washy ness bugs me sometimes.

Also, I am very impressed with the little animations like the blinking and mouth movements. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do, but it's a nice touch really. I've liked the cold breath animations as well that the series has had for a while now.

Edited by Haika
Also, I am very impressed with the little animations like the blinking and mouth movements. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to do, but it's a nice touch really. I've liked the cold breath animations as well that the series has had for a while now.

Aye, it's always nice to see those effects in VNs. The characters definitely look more alive with them.

Mmm, the tension. MLA does that very well indeed. But anyway, yes, you've still got plenty left to go of course. Prepare yourself...

Downloading moroe downhill night 2.

Didn't really like the first one but with blaze coming up i figured i shall give it another try.

recently finished tears to tiara

Moero 2 is definitely better and worth the time, so that's good.

As for Moero Blaze... ... ... well, I can safely say that the racing is garbage at least. Yes, it is. It was a bit entertaining on the first playthrough, but now it's just a waste of time. So yes, it seems I was correct in my earlier post here. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. And no, there is no difficulty setting. I can't really comment on the story until I've completed all the routes, although the two that I've done so far has been worse than what Moero 2 delivers for sure. The story in this is just not as interesting or as "meaty", even though Moero 2's story is not something amazing either. Too much time and focus is spent on the racing gameplay. But oh well, we'll see what the end result is after 100% completion.

This is just my opinion though, so whatever.

the racing is garbage at least. Yes, it is. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy. And no, there is no difficulty setting.

It was an unnecessary element. Times that could be spent on a fun reading are instead wasted on a pointless and dumbest racing mini-game that eerily looks like it was made for a five-year-old child. The repetitive voices (Ganbatte, Akito!!/Nice Timing x9) during the racing add to the frustration and annoyance. Furthermore, this might be just me, but I feel that the racing part is disturbing the flow of the storyline.

On a positive note, this mini-game are slightly better than the Koihime Musou sleep-inducing gameplay and Boob Wars retarded card game. So, it isn't all bad I guess.

Finished Cross†Channel two days ago and now I'm playing Deardrops. Considering that is a game by Overdrive, it's pretty good but I'm begining to lose my patience with the light-hearted flow. Since Edelweiss I have yet to see a really enjoyable game from Overdrive. Well, let's keep going. Cross†Channel had it's moments but it's really diferent from what I expected at first. A great game overall but personally I think it lacked something.

Bracing myself as i've decided to play Kara no Shoujo without a walkthrough. Yes, i'm gonna suffer but lemme keep the illusion it would have been worth it.

Wow...that's like...you know...suicide.

But I believe in your Moon-san! Go for it! \o/

A great game overall but personally I think it lacked something.

A less perverted protagonist?

Yeah, I admire an intent to play through a game fully without a walkthrough. So good luck on that account.

I've found it harder and harder to do myself. I get bored with things to easily, and if I struggle to figure things out it becomes even more of a strain to keep going.

Even now as I continue this playthrough of Muv-Luv Alternative I'm struggling getting through some of the long conversation sequences and classroom information dumps about military tactics and weapons and alien life forms. It's all interesting stuff, but the game is turning out longer than I expected. I'm a bit worried that I'm losing some of the motivation I originally had to play it, so I've been taking frequent breaks.

Yeah, I admire an intent to play through a game fully without a walkthrough. So good luck on that account.

I've found it harder and harder to do myself. I get bored with things to easily, and if I struggle to figure things out it becomes even more of a strain to keep going.

Even now as I continue this playthrough of Muv-Luv Alternative I'm struggling getting through some of the long conversation sequences and classroom information dumps about military tactics and weapons and alien life forms. It's all interesting stuff, but the game is turning out longer than I expected. I'm a bit worried that I'm losing some of the motivation I originally had to play it, so I've been taking frequent breaks.

I understand that feeling , but i can guarantee you the latter parts of the story (including the grand finale) are worth the hassle of going through all that infodumping. Dont lose all your motivation!

Just finish one route in Moero Downhill Blaze (Kei's route)

Well what to said

the story is so-so had some good moments here and there but not too great.

the music is Ok suited the atmosphere but nothing stand out

As for the Racing part......

It too easy! and the racing physic is not exist (how can you not even gain extra speed form driving downhill?)

Well they are Eroge game studio not a "normal" game studio so it probably not their specialty so Im not expecting a good racing game at the first place.

It's christmas week holiday so i spent some time on forum while playing eroges. Currently playing Kara no shoujo(playing without walkthrough to figure out the clues), Kono oozora ni, tsubasa wo hirogete (this is like reading full novel, it doesnt feel like a normal eroge, ive been playing this like forever since it's out) and Otome ga tsumugu koi no canvas(a trap novel).

Gotta try out Sengoku rance if i've enough free time soon.