Which fansub group do you prefer the most?

Yup, normally they translate anime, but they are translating the eroge Tomoyo After aswell, since it has been dropped already by other translation groups.

oh so Doki will do the rest or something like that right? ah that's wonderful, since i want to read Tomoyo after, not that i finished Clannad tough :(

Almost all animes I download are from HorribleSubs, they translate every anime series I watch.

wait a minute, for some reasons, i use Horriblesubs as well, for my Bleach and Naruto :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For your information, Horriblesubs doesn't translate Anime.

They get the Crunchyroll Release, change the font, and then release it on their page, to piss them off.

You can even find that information on their page.

oh my.. i wonder what happened with them, but at least their release is top notch :D

I'm grateful for all the fansub groups out there but the one I prefer is eclipse speed subs. unfortunately they don't do much anymore

ah yeah, eclipse. They are the one who did Ookami san to sichinin nakamatachi, wonderful show

Horrible Subs and CoalGirls have to be my favourite fansubs anything done by them is a instant must watch

lol yeah, they did most of the mainstream animes out there, and mainstream is a must watch, since tons of them are interesting.

Subdesu and Commie are the only group I remember, I dont pay no attention to whoever sub it, I just watch animes, though I thank them and they have my support and respect

lol of course me too, but wait, i really do pay attention, i was confused whether to pick Thora's, Coalgirl's, or Doki's Fate Stay Night Back then, and i picked Doki's because it has the opening translated :cool:

gg

Doki, CoalGirls

wait a minute, googling.. don't know about gg :cool:

I prefer it when they use honorifics (-san, -chan, -kun, etc.) and things like Onii-chan because it really does make a difference in the way things come across and can show what kind of relationship they have.

ah Doki is nice as well, they have wonderful shows and .. yeah pretty slow, :( super slow i mean, but most of their release are great! :cool:

wats the differnece anyway??most sub groups are okay

even hadena's engerish is improving

lol... yea yea i believe they are

Well...I'm ok with almost any...but I do like that they don't use too flashy letters or super goth fonts (I got poor vision...) I also like that they stay loyal to what the anime is really saying and don't change it to get it easy or in other cases changing the "onii-chan" for "big bro/brother"...I don't like that xD

And as for the ones that I like, I'm sure nobody here knows them, because those are fansubs in spanish but...meh: Wing Zero, Supremo, Kurotsuki and Athena no Seito :o

lol i don't speak spanish and that's why i don't even know what kind of fansub they are, ah.. about that Oniichan thingy or kun san and so on.. i agree with that, super agree i mean, their way of talking sure show how is their relationship. So if the anime were harems, well.. we can guess who is the real heroine :D or who'll get sad in the end :(

ah Doki is nice as well, they have wonderful shows and .. yeah pretty slow, :( super slow i mean, but most of their release are great! :cool:

Yeah, they're my favorite group, but they're so slow. I had to wait over three weeks for guilty crown.

• 1 month later...

i normally dont pay much attention to what fansubs of the anime im watching but i guess its horriblesubs works is that i always watch

I want Doki fansubs to translate Tomoyo After rite now.. :(

If they do, then they are my favorite.

lol, if only they'd let us know their progress..:(

hope its going to finish soon..

I prefer fansubber according to whoever release the fastest.As long as they don't look like these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3165[/ATTACH]

Oh I've found one of those before, Lemme try and find it xD

Untitled.jpg

Taken from Ao no Exorcist :D

Edited by Dubs
I prefer fansubber according to whoever release the fastest.As long as they don't look like these:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3165[/ATTACH]

What kind of translations are those?! I guess they're too lazy to do their job right.

What kind of translations are those?! I guess they're too lazy to do their job right.

man... don't call them lazy, you might get assassinated you know...

at least they're trying... It's a free fansub you know, complain if you pay for it...

man... don't call them lazy, you might get assassinated you know...

at least they're trying... It's a free fansub you know, complain if you pay for it...

That's the right attitude to have for fansubs. Or anything else that's free. If you didn't pay for it, you can't complain about the quality.

That's the right attitude to have for fansubs. Or anything else that's free. If you didn't pay for it, you can't complain about the quality.

yeah... as long as it's understandable... It's still free...

SALUTE!!!

yeah... as long as it's understandable... It's still free...

SALUTE!!!

There are some that are particularly bad, though. But even with those, you don't have to use them, but you don't have to complain either. You can always offer to help if you want to make them better.

There are some that are particularly bad, though. But even with those, you don't have to use them, but you don't have to complain either. You can always offer to help if you want to make them better.

yeah... It's like "take it or leave it"....

Still..

its better to be ENGLISH than ENGRISH rite?

least..

it wont kill another good VN like FlyableHeart~

just recently downloaded it... any reccomendations??? not here... send it...

(ok... I'm out of here before someone complains...)

Subs however, I quite enjoy subs by [Horriblesubs]

yeah... they're pretty good on this stuff...

Really? Their subs usually aren't that good. The only reason I like them is their speed. The subs themselves aren't that good. They translate too loosely.

Yeah

Some direct translations are abit "Huh?"

Yeah, it's hard to get the right balance between literal and readable.

For me, Horrible doesn't have that balance, but everyone has different tastes and opinions. It's not my right to judge, and I'm not trying to. I just wanted to share my opinion as well. I'm glad these forums haven't become a place where you can't share an opinion without starting a flame war. :)

EDIT:

Also, I don't by any means think Horrible is bad (that sounds a little weird, since they're called Horrible). I use them a lot for things that don't have a better group subbing them, or when the better group is slow and I want to watch it as soon as possible. The one thing that nobody can say Horrible doesn't have is speed.

Edited by Dan.