Which fansub group do you prefer the most?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well...I'm ok with almost any...but I do like that they don't use too flashy letters or super goth fonts (I got poor vision...) I also like that they stay loyal to what the anime is really saying and don't change it to get it easy or in other cases changing the "onii-chan" for "big bro/brother"...I don't like that xD

And as for the ones that I like, I'm sure nobody here knows them, because those are fansubs in spanish but...meh: Wing Zero, Supremo, Kurotsuki and Athena no Seito :o

I like Doki, but they're so slow recently, I can't really use them for anything but BD releases. They keep dropping shows too. HorribleSubs are super-fast, so I use them for a lot of shows, but often replace shows subbed by them when BDs come out, or a better group finishes a batch. I wait for a lot of shows to finish airing so I can watch them all at once and with good subs; sometimes I wait until BDs come out for the extra episodes. Other groups I like are Commie, UTW, GotWoot, and Eclipse.

I prefer it when they use honorifics (-san, -chan, -kun, etc.) and things like Onii-chan because it really does make a difference in the way things come across and can show what kind of relationship they have.

Agree, some of the original stuff should stay original. I prefer that way as well rather than big bro or big sis

as long they did a good subbing and most importantly translate the VN that people are waiting for..

i wont mind if they were born ENGRISH~

Still..

its better to be ENGLISH than ENGRISH rite?

least..

it wont kill another good VN like FlyableHeart~

Well engrish is fine as well if i may say. Flyable heart, it's so dreamy i really want it to get properly translated

Yeah

Some direct translations are abit "Huh?"

Direct or not, actually i think i can't really tell..

The answer may sounds stupid to you guys but here it is : I prefer english fansub groups.

Yeah me too, and one day watching anime without subtitles will be great.

whoa , nice necro.

UTW. fin.

Necroed thread, LOL. I don't like how UTW did Accel World though. Literally translating a name/nickname (Kuroyukihime to Princess Snow Black) doesn't sit well with me. Just my opinion.

whoa , nice necro.

UTW. fin.

Ouch thanks, i just didn't realize i made this thread and some people replied. I watched UTW-Hadena's Ookami san and i think they did it all right, so i guess they are a pretty nice group.

Necroed thread, LOL. I don't like how UTW did Accel World though. Literally translating a name/nickname (Kuroyukihime to Princess Snow Black) doesn't sit well with me. Just my opinion.

.. I think the one i got didn't come from UTW, since no problem so far. For some reasons i haven't finished watching Accel World.

UTW, FFF, Doki, WhyNot.

Usually avoid Commie and gg.

Any particular reasons Desi? I was worried the first time gg came out, got some from them but so far so good, guess i am just lucky. As for Commie, i can't really remember but i guess they are pretty much all right.

Any particular reasons Desi? I was worried the first time gg came out, got some from them but so far so good, guess i am just lucky. As for Commie, i can't really remember but i guess they are pretty much all right.

I'm sure gg is better, but commie likes to troll too much with their subs. They also don't use honorifics from what i've seen.

I'm sure gg is better, but commie likes to troll too much with their subs. They also don't use honorifics from what i've seen.

Commie? I see, well i guess i need to pay more attention to the show i watch

THORA and niizk

Exiled Destiny is good sometimes

Haven't really looked at Doki

I try to avoid Coalgirls

Coalgirls? I've been using them a lot, i thought they are pretty good at what they do..

UTW and HorribleSubs

Simple as that.

Both has nice reputations, and HorribleSubs, i use them a lot.

i go for UTW , Doki or commie usually

horrible subs for my one piece and i practically use whatever subs for which ever shows the mentioned few

didnt sub.

that being said my favourite subs would be doki, i like how they kara-ed the op and ed with the kanji ,it is a nice little touch.

Coalgirls? I've been using them a lot, i thought they are pretty good at what they do..

Oh, they're good enough for your average anime watcher, but I tend to go for higher quality subs and encodes which usually means THORA or niizk.

i go for UTW , Doki or commie usually

horrible subs for my one piece and i practically use whatever subs for which ever shows the mentioned few

didnt sub.

that being said my favourite subs would be doki, i like how they kara-ed the op and ed with the kanji ,it is a nice little touch.

Agree.. those small stuff makes me feel livelier..since sometimes i don't skip OP ED

Coalgirls for BDs (even though they always have gigantic file sizes) and FFF, rori, Doki and gg with some commie every now and then for TV stuff usually.

Oh, they're good enough for your average anime watcher, but I tend to go for higher quality subs and encodes which usually means THORA or niizk.

Coalgirls and Thora, big files, used them plenty of times.