What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

I sense a change in conversational topic will benefit everyone, and significantly decrease the amount of bloodshed :p

I just finished ever17. Definitely deserving of it's praise, a stupendous VN. I just had a couple of minor questions that were running around my head. I think I answered them pretty much, but I was just wondering what other people thought.

Ever17 End Game Spoilers

1. Did we ever find anything out about Coco's Father/Mother? We know that her father worked at the lab, but I don't think we're given more than that, and it's unclear whether he survived or not.

2. Did the Sora in 2034 have the memories of the Sora from 2017; was she was just working with You'Hara' to bring forth BW?

3. How did Sora get a body? She says it's a miracle and references the story that You told back in 2017, I think, but nothing more than that...

[spoiler=ever17]

[1. I don't think anything is explicitly stated about her mother, but we do know about her father. He dies. He was a researcher in IBF and was exposed to TB IIRC

2. Her memories of 2017 were erased, so she didn't know anything about the past events.

3. What Dan said.]

Edited by desi
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sense a change in conversational topic will benefit everyone, and significantly decrease the amount of bloodshed :p

I just finished ever17. Definitely deserving of it's praise, a stupendous VN. I just had a couple of minor questions that were running around my head. I think I answered them pretty much, but I was just wondering what other people thought.

Ever17 End Game Spoilers

1. Did we ever find anything out about Coco's Father/Mother? We know that her father worked at the lab, but I don't think we're given more than that, and it's unclear whether he survived or not.

2. Did the Sora in 2034 have the memories of the Sora from 2017; was she was just working with You'Hara' to bring forth BW?

3. How did Sora get a body? She says it's a miracle and references the story that You told back in 2017, I think, but nothing more than that...

I didn't read the true route.

On a related note on Ever17:

Ever17 spoiler

Bloody hell the Tsugumi/Sora bad ending is really fucking depressing. Don't know if I want to bother getting the Sara/You bad endings if they're anywhere near that heartbreaking

I think next I'll take it easy playing a combination of Kamidori and something less intense like Kira Kira.

What if I say that... I never read Clannad and probably won't in the near future?

Up to you. To be honest, it'll be a lot more enjoyable to read once the guys over at Doki run a fine comb through it. The translation quality really screwed up my enjoyment of an otherwise amazing visual novel, so waiting actually isn't a bad idea.

To be honest, it'll be a lot more enjoyable to read once the guys over at Doki run a fine comb through it. The translation quality really screwed up my enjoyment of an otherwise amazing visual novel, so waiting actually isn't a bad idea.

Doki is absolutely terrible at that though. Their translation of Tomoyo After was absolutely horrible before I edited it, and they didn't even include all of the stuff I pointed out. What they claim to be doing to Clannad is the exact thing they couldn't do with Tomoyo After.

On a related note on Ever17:

Ever17 spoiler

Bloody hell the Tsugumi/Sora bad ending is really fucking depressing. Don't know if I want to bother getting the Sara/You bad endings if they're anywhere near that heartbreaking

Yea , uhm....take a look at You's bad ending.

Ever17 Spoiler

After playing all the bad ends the sora/tsugumi bad end is still the most painful. Dat CG man.

Doki is absolutely terrible at that though. Their translation of Tomoyo After was absolutely horrible before I edited it, and they didn't even include all of the stuff I pointed out. What they claim to be doing to Clannad is the exact thing they couldn't do with Tomoyo After.

I had no idea what the translation quality of Tomoyo After was like as I'm still holding out for the ME edition. I suppose you could optimistically say that at least the translation quality of Clannad won't get worse...

I'll return to this question even though it's a bit late

[spoiler=Ever17]

She forgot all the important stuff but not everything. Although Sora didn't know anything about kick the can in 2017, it was she who suggested to play kick the can in 2034, right?

What if I say that... I never read Clannad and probably won't in the near future?

Within the next two days Dan will knock on your door, and he won't be happy.

Their translation of Tomoyo After was absolutely horrible before I edited it

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5739/foreal.jpg

Well at least I finally understand why Tomoyo After was so unbelievable funny. Dan ftw! \o/

Within the next two days Dan will knock on your door, and he won't be happy.

This is correct. You better start it soon, or at least plan to.

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5739/foreal.jpg

Well at least I finally understand why Tomoyo After was so unbelievable funny. Dan ftw! \o/

This is why you need to come to the shoutbox!

Done with MLA and I'm totally astounded. I can't believe that I actually loved a VN about futuristic warfare and aliens...

There's a lot I'd like to say but I'll just put it in simple form.

Cons:

-looks of the BETA

-the way Takeru and others got straight into an elite unit

-maybe a bit too little conversations with others than the main heroines (Munakata etc)

-cliched ending

Pros:

+pretty much everything else

Overall: simply a masterpiece. Although it was very long, I wasn't even once bored. And even though my hate for sci-fi/action/politics still exists, MLA has deserved it's place as my #1 VN so far with a score of 9.6/10

And then few questions: does anyone know where I can get the translation for the ending dialogue? I checked the MLA folder and it wasn't there. And should there be an option in main menu where I can watch the CGs after finishing the game?

Glad to see you liked it. I thought from your earlier post that you didn't like it or something

And then few questions: does anyone know where I can get the translation for the ending dialogue?

Muv Luv Alt End - Pastebin.com

And should there be an option in main menu where I can watch the CGs after finishing the game?

Unfortunately they never added that option for MLA.

Done with MLA and I'm totally astounded. I can't believe that I actually loved a VN about futuristic warfare and aliens...

That's the conclusion I had when I played it (its definitely one of, if not my favourite, VN). It dealt with a lot of interesting themes and the character development was the focus of the series, which made for a great read. I could prattle on a lot longer but I already did that in my MLA review, so I'll restrain myself :). The only two giant flaws are MLE and MLU (and the pacing in general was a little off).

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

I also just finished it this morning, but ended up playing the game through the night. Will probably give a deeper opinion tomorrow when I can think straight.

So far, it's also one of my fav VNs. I treat MLE and MLU as just the lead-in for MLA so didn't really take them seriously other than something that will help me enjoy MLA more.

Wasn't Takeru supposed to read a will at the end before returning to his "original" world? I was under the impression that whichever letter he chooses to read is based on your choices in the game

Anyway, sound/visuals were pretty good, even by today's standards (for a VN). As I mentioned before, all the little things like simulated sound effects and blinking eyes / moving mouths during conversations really added to the immersion of the game. I liked the character design and art, they really made things come to life unlike other games where the characters look dead to me (Hoshizora no Memoria).

The plot was nice, but given the year the series was made... I'll get to that later when I'm fresh (-_-').

One of the only things that caught me off guard was how much screen time Sensei has. She's at least 50% of the game :p

Anyway, it gets 9/10 from me. I took -1 point from the plot.

The translation was either a hit or a miss most of the time. Sometimes a section of the series is a complete hit or miss. Is the same guy translating this game? If so, the accuracy probably depended on his mood/time/energy/etc at the time. One would need to understand the 常用漢字 (2045 chinese characters last I checked) and at least intermediate grammar to go through this game.

Wasn't Takeru supposed to read a will at the end before returning to his "original" world? I was under the impression that whichever letter he chooses to read is based on your choices in the game

[Yeah. There's a letter for everyone except Meiya. So if you chose the Meiya choices, he won't read a letter. If he choose any other girl, there is a letter from them.]

The translation was either a hit or a miss most of the time. Sometimes a section of the series is a complete hit or miss. Is the same guy translating this game? If so, the accuracy probably depended on his mood/time/energy/etc at the time. One would need to understand the 常用漢字 (2045 chinese characters last I checked) and at least intermediate grammar to go through this game.

Yep, Ixrec translated the entire game. The entire series was his 4th project. He's usually pretty fast (translation for alternative was like 6 months)

Edited by desi

I've been trying out ML Altered Fable and stopped at 50%

after the xmas party.

This fandisk is merely a big comedy consisting of most characters from MLA. It even says in the intro that MLAF is in no way a sequel to MLA. Ends up starting off right where MLA ended. If you liked the characters and want to see more of them, then maybe MLAF is for you. About the only serious part was

the xmas party where Kasumi ends up remembering what happened in MLU. It was a little sad to see her freak out when the xmas tree lighted up with the same color as the brain cylinder.

If you hated Takeru in MLE, you will abhor him in MLAF. He's much worse, and it's annoying to see him treat Sumika like garbage after MLA, but oh well, this is meant as a parody and it's not actually a sequel. The game also has a demo on Chronicles and some strategy game where you control platoons of TSFs to be raped by BETA. It also comes with two other disks in which one contains a bunch of movies on the ML series and the other... "Sexual Character Viewer" :p.

I think a fandisk centered on Kasumi would've sold a lot more. Just seeing things from her perspective in MLAF was quite fun.

Anyway, will probably stop at 50% since I suspect nothing meaningful will happen and just can't stand the protaganist. Kind of regret playing the ML series now as I feel spoiled. Just tried Fate/Night Stay and just couldn't get into it. Will probably try again in a week or so.

If you hated Takeru in MLE, you will abhor him in MLAF.

Oh dear, that's off the list then. Although I might do a speed run through it at some point once the translation is 100% since it'd be cool to see some of the other characters like Hayase etc. (although I'm not expecting any actual story content in the slightest). I really hope that the Muv Luv chronicles are translated eventually.

On a slight detour, does anyone know if the light novels such as Schwarzesmarken, Euro front and Total Eclipse are translated? I know there's no proper translations on baka-tsuki (barring the first chapter of Schwarz.), but someone I know hinted that they might be on 4 chan somewhere in bits. Not sure if that's true or if he was cruelly pulling my leg.

Just tried Fate/Night Stay and just couldn't get into it.

To be honest it took me a while to get into FSN as well. As it's a very long series, there's a lot of info dumping at first to understand what the bollocks is actually going on. I couldn't really enjoy it until I was a few hours into the first route. You could always try a different VN that is a bit quicker on the get-go and go back to FSN once you can sit through the opening parts. Plus there's also the fact the main character is a total scrub at first. He has the infamous quote from the anime (admittedly, it is a bastardization of the VN but):

peopledieif.jpg

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Plus there's also the fact the main character is a total scrub at first. He has the infamous quote from the anime (admittedly, it is a bastardization of the VN but):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8939[/ATTACH]

That's more of a translation error, because in FSN there are people who doesn't die when they are killed.