What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

I recently finished Yukizakura/ Snow Sakura and also Eidelweiss. These were my last two fully translated VNs i read before i moved on to partial patches and tool assisted reading of japanese ones..

Yukizakura was a short and sweet VN, straightforward and with really nice ラブラブ。

Eidelweiss.. the routes in this VN were so drastically different from route to route. Moneyslut was by far my favorite route and it was also the least convuluted. I dont think ill ever understand Overdrive, i can never find a vn from them that i fully like. After deardrops I wasnt gonna play another VN from them, but i decided to give this one a shot and it wasnt half bad at all, but some of the routes just leave you asking, "why end it like that though? y u do dis"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Yesterday night I finished Ever17...and man that was seriously a good read. I think most that can be said about this novel has already been said so I just keep it simple:

10/10 must read(not immediately but at some point everyone who likes story driven VNs should read this!).

With that said,let`s ponder what to read next...haha:)

• 1 month later...

I just finished Utawarerumono and I have to say that I loved it.

The combat was awesome, but I skipped tutorials and didn't know about the combo system until half of the vn....

Also the story was good but I didn't like the ending.

Overall 9/10, I'm really excited for the sequel.

Now I think I will move on to Ever 17.

Last finished game was Comyu - The Gentle Kingdom and the Black Dragon. I didn't think I would like it after playing it for the first 10 minutes or so but I was really glad I played through it. Some of the characters were really frustrating at times like Benio and her "justice" but it was mostly because I think that her idea was naive but otherwise it was pretty good. Soejima was sad at times and the normal end really made me tear up. Mayuki and Ayaya's route was a lot of fun because it was less drama and more romance than others, Ayaya's especially. (I really liker character XD). Kagome's route was the best in my opinion although I was able to guess a lot of the plot when playing it. Anyways it was a great game and now I am waiting for a good game to be released.

Oh as a side note if anyone has a good VN pm me your opinions, if you want a suggestion I have plenty as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Cho Dengeki Stryker, I got it on steam (the all ages ver), honestly I tought it was ok at best, I don't think buying it for the full price is worth, as for the all ages ver, luckly they don't censor anything other than the H-scenes, they just put some stupid image of the sky when the characters are about to fuck and skip it, and that's about it.

Edit: Apparently the all ages ver also doesn't have the Ex scenarios, fuck this.

Edited by Aynil
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished Fate/Hollow Ataraxia after pretty much powering through it in the last 5 days or so. It`s a real nice read with a lot of Fan-Service(a bit ecchi and a lot non ecchi) for the Fate series. You find a lot in it ranging from refrences to Fate/Zero,background stories to other Servants,Slice of Life events with your favourite Characters to a new interesting Main story for it. I`ll gladly give it an 8.3 out of 10 and am now looking forward to reading Tsukihime:)

Just finished Killer queen, tought it was shit, there are 2 episodes, the game overall is short,

Here's the pros and cons, it has some minor spoilers in it.

pros

- music is something better than you would expect from a game like this, the title screen song is fucking epic ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbcs4GlqC7w )

- the last part of episode 2 is really entertaining

cons

- art

- most characters are shit

- setting makes it interesting at first, however gets boring later

- the killer in episode 2 is beyond obvious

- no reason to play this because everything is mediocre

also there's one particular cg that's actually pretty gory, but outside from that, they don't show much, if you're worried about it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the extra bloopers that you get once you finish the game are cringeworthy

Edited by Aynil

^

I doubt I'll ever play it, but based the ratings it doesn't seem to be all that epic. The translator(s) must have liked it a lot (for some reason) to translate it instead of just going into Root Double or whatever else was had planned after.

Edited by killerinsidee
^

I doubt I'll ever play it, but based the ratings it doesn't seem to be all that epic. The translator(s) must have liked it a lot (for some reason) to translate it instead of just going into Root Double or whatever else was had planned after.

"Now then, with all these negative comments, you might be asking, “But GundamAce, if you don’t really like this game, then why are you translating it?” Well, how I started translating it is a rather long story that I won’t get into to avoid going on a tangent. But as for why I finished it? Well, because while I like the remake version of this (Secret Game: Killer Queen) better, I think this version still does several aspects better and has some differences worth seeing. For example, the plot twists are revealed much better and have more of an impact, a few characters are vastly different between versions, and the plot also unfolds in different ways. There’s also some in-jokes in SG:KQ that won’t make sense to people who haven’t played this version. So I translated it mainly for people who are interested in playing the whole series being able to see how things went in different ways and to see some of the content exclusive to this version. I do think the good moments are worth seeing. You just have to slog through a lot of dull moments to get to them. That said, if you don’t want to play the game just for that, I totally understand, and I don’t mind if you want to skip this title. I mostly recommend it for those who want to play SG:KQ but want to see the differences between the original and the remake and learn most of the plot twists in better told ways. If you’re not, well then, I’d say feel free to skip this one, or if you still want to play it, then set your expectations very low. I wouldn’t blame you."

- Killer Queen Review |

So I just finished Tsukihime. It was a great read and quite captivating. Although it had it`s lengths here and there and a bit of the storyline`s of the routes overlapped every route had it`s own twists and strengths. It`s a bit regretable that the music was not that divers but it`s okay. All in all as I said a great read and a 9/10 for me. It just proves again,that I really like the Nasuverse and Type-Moon works in general

Super Danganronpa 2. My thoughts on it are based on everything except hands-on experience with the gameplay elements, since I watched a let's play of it and didn't actually play it myself.

Let's just get this out of the way: DR2 did pretty much everything better than Danganronpa 1, in my opinion. Everything was turned up a notch. Yet I thought the first game was a ton of fun too... so... yea. This was damn awesome basically. The mysteries were great and most of the time very "advanced"... not sure if that's the right word for it, but let's just say that there were a lot of twists and turns around every corner of these mysteries. Much more so than in the first game. I like that stuff.

The characters were also better for the most part I think. There were more of them that I actually cared about compared to DR1. What else... well, the main story = Fucking Crazy. But that's to be expected right? It's Danganronpa. Of course it's going to be fucking crazy... but also interesting at the same time. The characters are like that too. That's probably the biggest reason why I love these games (besides the murder mysteries). It's over the top madness and fun, but it also has those special moments that... well... gets to you and makes you think a lot.

The music was, as expected, really good. Some songs from DR1 made a return, but there were plenty of new ones as well.

[spoiler=Danganronpa 2 (all of it)] Oh yea, there were quite a lot more sad and memorable moments for me in this game compared to DR1. The majority of the trials ended up like that. The ending of the third trial wasn't exactly sad because, you know, crazy despair-filled Mikan. Or was it supposed to be sad? Sad because of Ibuki's death, sure, but the ending of the trial? Well whatever. I actually like Mikan even more now after she showed that side of herself at the end - probably because my favourite character in Danganronpa is Junko.

Speaking of characters, Gundham was fucking awesome. His dialogue was always fun to see, and you know... he was simply a good comrade who valued life, though that side of him was often hidden within his crazy chuunbiyou talk. But that just made it even better. It makes perfect sense now that he was the Ultimate Breeder, doesn't it? His death hit me the hardest along with Chiaki's in Chapter 5.

BUT! There is one thing I don't understand... or perhaps I don't even want to understand it. Well, near the end of the fourth trial, they made it sound as if Gundham and Nekomaru (or just Gundham? whatever) sacrificed themselves so that the others could escape and regain their willpower to live. I can accept that. In fact, I like it that way. I want to believe that that's exactly how it is. Because that's the kind of image I had of both those characters.

But in that case... why did Gundham try so hard to conceal the crime? He did admit to it rather quickly when he knew it was all over, but what about before that? He fought pretty hard before that you know. Was he seriously wanting to sacrifice the others so that he alone could escape and live? That... is hard to believe. I seriously never thought that Gundham would be able to do something like that, which is why I was baffled and sad when it was becoming clear that he was the culprit in Chapter 4. I kept thinking; "Why Gundham? Would you really do that? Really?". But then they proposed the idea that he sacrificed (at least) himself for the sake of the rest, and then it started to make sense for me and I could accept it. So... ... yea... I'm just gonna keep believing that. That makes it a more memorable ending for him, right?

Sonia had some good scenes related to Gundham by the way. Nice to see. She actually got a bit better and more fun as a character after the first half of the game or so I think.

Ah, right, chapter 5-6. Holy shit. What to say really? Trippy and crazy as hell, especially with the Neo World Program stuff. It sure explained a lot of things happening earlier. Somewhat of a small twist, but - The fat Byakuya NOT being the real Byakuya? Didn't expect that to be honest. "Ultimate Imposter", very clever. Seeing the real Makoto, Kyouko and Byakuya was sweeeeeet of course.

Nagito... even after everything is said and done, I don't like the guy. He was clever, yes. He was good at figuring things out in the trials. And maybe some of what he said about 'hope' was sensible(?). But even then, he was often annoying and tedious, probably because he was with you through so much of the game.

Junko Enoshima. She's the best, and you better believe that her appearance in DR2 made me real happy. She's a great "final boss character" and I love her design. Too bad her English VA isn't nearly as good as her Japanese VA. Oh yea, by the way, those Ultimate Despairs? "Some even tried to have children with Junko's dead body." .......................... okey dokey.

Hajime turning super saiyan was pretty epic and cheesy at the same time. But hey that's just the kind of thing Danganronpa would pull off.

Never forget Chiaki.

Edited by Harlequin

Just finished up Comyu.

It was meh; I was expecting more then it gave, and imo the two "light" arcs took away from the overall setting (not even the loli could save it). Best arc imo was the quiet transfer girl; it was dark and gritty, and felt like it was given the most depth. Kogome would be a close 2nd - but they didnt give me a genuine "dere" moment so it loses points. :p

unless you count that part near the end where she encounters the transfer girl in her trapped mind - it could be argued that it was actually a avater of Kogomes' subconcious - what "soft" feelings exist in her heart, empathizing with the MC).

Ayakashibito was this years best for me, hands down. Because Suzu is just awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/oVqt7F8.jpg

Best smiles ever from her, warms the heart. (only other smile I can say was "heartwarming" is from Rin near the end of UBW arc, there is a rare sprite of her with a close-up with a big genuine smile on her face just after kissing the MC, was epic.

Edited by Some guy

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai took me WAY TOO LONG I remember I first started when the Sonozaki sisters were first translating it I dont know how many years ago now. As good as I thought it would be if not a little better because of all the things that werent in the anime. Knew most of the things from the anime unfortunately but what can you do.

9/10

"What kind of work do I want to create next?" Ryukishi07

Cant wait to see what cries next.

So before I get in my actual opinion on Danganronpa 2,I`ll jsut say that I like Harle rather than play it myself watched a youtube playthrough of it. I also never played the first Danganronpa,but watched the anime to it. So with that all being said,what a Joy it was to watch this. From the very likeable characters to the mysteries,the plot,the twists just the crazyness contained in it. It had all from slapstick,too bad jokes,to glorious moments,sad moments,really unexpected outcomes and what not. All in all I`d like to give it a 9.3/10,very very enjoyable.

[spoiler=DR2 a bit more ]

So let`s start of with saying,WHY GUNDHAM WHY,ohh man I liked his character so fucking much,whenever he said something I was just grinning,mostly because he was a chuuni and I love chuuni charaters,but also other things. Like whenever he blushed when someone praised his FOUR DARK DEVAS OF DESTRUCTION or his insights at some points,he was a very likeable character and the whole time during his class trial I hoped that It wouldn`t be true that there was some kind of mistake,but well it is what it is. And with his reasoning to die for the group I liked that,it makes his character even better.

The next character I`d like to speak of is quite diffrent. For the most part he was a mystery to me and after the first chapter I tought that I would never like him,but after some time,he kinda grew a bit on me and I started to somehow like him,even though I still don`t know really why.Maybe it`s his crazyness from time to time,his devotion to hope,or just the scene where he was seen with Junko`s left hand,who knows. Of course I`m speaking of Mister Ultimate Lucky Student himself,Nagito.

Well enough of him and more to the other Person I hoped I would never see die.But as Harle already said,I`ll never forget her.Chiaki was almost as nice a character for me as Gundham and I really hoped to see a end with her,but well,this game likes to kill off it`s most likeable characters.

But before I ramble on about each character let`s jump to the End and get to the again super Ultimate Despair Master AI Junko. Man her character is just so nice and crazy it`s no wonder a lot of people like her,me included. Her ability to persuade and confuse people is just so good and her diffrent personality quirks are just hilarious.

Man I really grew to like this game,well besides Kazuhito...why did he have to survive till the end ...

Ayakashibito was this years best

I agree.

Anyway, finished Cartagra. I think anyone who planed to read it should ignore all the other endings on their first playthrough and go straight to Kazuna's Normal End & True End because that is where the story becomes interesting. You can read the other endings if you want to collect CGs, and some of the Bad End is actually pretty good like Nana's Ending, but most of them aren't really worth it.

Cartagra has good characters and I really liked Rin, Toji, and Takako for the part they played. MC role is quite useless though, I dunno how they could call him a detective and get all attached to him. He didn't do anything significance tbh, except fucking everything that has a pussy. Nana is obviously a better detective.

In any case, this game made me hate and cursed InnoGrey deeply (for good reasons). lol Cartagra 7/10

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Super Danganronpa 2. My thoughts on it are based on everything except hands-on experience with the gameplay elements, since I watched a let's play of it and didn't actually play it myself.

Let's just get this out of the way: DR2 did pretty much everything better than Danganronpa 1, in my opinion. Everything was turned up a notch. Yet I thought the first game was a ton of fun too... so... yea. This was damn awesome basically. The mysteries were great and most of the time very "advanced"... not sure if that's the right word for it, but let's just say that there were a lot of twists and turns around every corner of these mysteries. Much more so than in the first game. I like that stuff.

The characters were also better for the most part I think. There were more of them that I actually cared about compared to DR1. What else... well, the main story = Fucking Crazy. But that's to be expected right? It's Danganronpa. Of course it's going to be fucking crazy... but also interesting at the same time. The characters are like that too. That's probably the biggest reason why I love these games (besides the murder mysteries). It's over the top madness and fun, but it also has those special moments that... well... gets to you and makes you think a lot.

The music was, as expected, really good. Some songs from DR1 made a return, but there were plenty of new ones as well.

[spoiler=Danganronpa 2 (all of it)] Oh yea, there were quite a lot more sad and memorable moments for me in this game compared to DR1. The majority of the trials ended up like that. The ending of the third trial wasn't exactly sad because, you know, crazy despair-filled Mikan. Or was it supposed to be sad? Sad because of Ibuki's death, sure, but the ending of the trial? Well whatever. I actually like Mikan even more now after she showed that side of herself at the end - probably because my favourite character in Danganronpa is Junko.

Speaking of characters, Gundham was fucking awesome. His dialogue was always fun to see, and you know... he was simply a good comrade who valued life, though that side of him was often hidden within his crazy chuunbiyou talk. But that just made it even better. It makes perfect sense now that he was the Ultimate Breeder, doesn't it? His death hit me the hardest along with Chiaki's in Chapter 5.

BUT! There is one thing I don't understand... or perhaps I don't even want to understand it. Well, near the end of the fourth trial, they made it sound as if Gundham and Nekomaru (or just Gundham? whatever) sacrificed themselves so that the others could escape and regain their willpower to live. I can accept that. In fact, I like it that way. I want to believe that that's exactly how it is. Because that's the kind of image I had of both those characters.

But in that case... why did Gundham try so hard to conceal the crime? He did admit to it rather quickly when he knew it was all over, but what about before that? He fought pretty hard before that you know. Was he seriously wanting to sacrifice the others so that he alone could escape and live? That... is hard to believe. I seriously never thought that Gundham would be able to do something like that, which is why I was baffled and sad when it was becoming clear that he was the culprit in Chapter 4. I kept thinking; "Why Gundham? Would you really do that? Really?". But then they proposed the idea that he sacrificed (at least) himself for the sake of the rest, and then it started to make sense for me and I could accept it. So... ... yea... I'm just gonna keep believing that. That makes it a more memorable ending for him, right?

Sonia had some good scenes related to Gundham by the way. Nice to see. She actually got a bit better and more fun as a character after the first half of the game or so I think.

Ah, right, chapter 5-6. Holy shit. What to say really? Trippy and crazy as hell, especially with the Neo World Program stuff. It sure explained a lot of things happening earlier. Somewhat of a small twist, but - The fat Byakuya NOT being the real Byakuya? Didn't expect that to be honest. "Ultimate Imposter", very clever. Seeing the real Makoto, Kyouko and Byakuya was sweeeeeet of course.

Nagito... even after everything is said and done, I don't like the guy. He was clever, yes. He was good at figuring things out in the trials. And maybe some of what he said about 'hope' was sensible(?). But even then, he was often annoying and tedious, probably because he was with you through so much of the game.

Junko Enoshima. She's the best, and you better believe that her appearance in DR2 made me real happy. She's a great "final boss character" and I love her design. Too bad her English VA isn't nearly as good as her Japanese VA. Oh yea, by the way, those Ultimate Despairs? "Some even tried to have children with Junko's dead body." .......................... okey dokey.

Hajime turning super saiyan was pretty epic and cheesy at the same time. But hey that's just the kind of thing Danganronpa would pull off.

Never forget Chiaki.

Sorry I didn't see this before, but about your question regarding chapter 4, I thought that chapter 5 explained very well why things had to happen that way.

If Ghundam simply had commited suicide like Sakura in danganronpa 1 or let someone kill him / simply came out and confessed, that would mean the group gained nothing from it.If Ghundam hadn't fought so hard and actually forced the group to put him against the wall then they wouldn't have killed Chiaki in Chapter 5.Basically chapter 4 isn't simply Ghundam "sacrificing himself to let the group live", but rather, he's sacrificing himself to teach the group a lesson, that sometimes, you need to kill in order to survive.If you recall it, you'll remember that in chapter 4 they all just slowly waited to die because they didn't want to kill in order to live, if Ghundam had simply sacrificed himself then they wouldn't have voted on chiaki in chapter 5 and simply chosen to die together.

You should also remember that when Hajime is close to getting Ghundam to confess, he teaches him how to make someone admit defeat and also tells them to trample all over him when they're about to vote, clearly the words of someone who is convey something.

Also, it's implicit in the game that Ghundam and Nekomaru had a sort of mutual understanding that they both were gonna die since whoever won would be the culprit and they had no intentions of surviving alone.

That's why I liked chapter 4 so much to be honest.After reading chapter 4 alone it looks like he's simply trying to save them by dying, but come chapter 5 you understand that they wouldn't have been able to move on and sacrificed Chiaki if Ghundam had simply suicided like Sakura did in DR 1.

Edited by Soren619

If Ghundam simply had commited suicide like Sakura in danganronpa 1 or let someone kill him / simply came out and confessed, that would mean the group gained nothing from it.If Ghundam hadn't fought so hard and actually forced the group to put him against the wall then they wouldn't have killed Chiaki in Chapter 5.Basically chapter 4 isn't simply Ghundam "sacrificing himself to let the group live", but rather, he's sacrificing himself to teach the group a lesson, that sometimes, you need to kill in order to survive.If you recall it, you'll remember that in chapter 4 they all just slowly waited to die because they didn't want to kill in order to live, if Ghundam had simply sacrificed himself then they wouldn't have voted on chiaki in chapter 5 and simply chosen to die together.

You should also remember that when Hajime is close to getting Ghundam to confess, he teaches him how to make someone admit defeat and also tells them to trample all over him when they're about to vote, clearly the words of someone who is convey something.

Also, it's implicit in the game that Ghundam and Nekomaru had a sort of mutual understanding that they both were gonna die since whoever won would be the culprit and they had no intentions of surviving alone.

That's why I liked chapter 4 so much to be honest.After reading chapter 4 alone it looks like he's simply trying to save them by dying, but come chapter 5 you understand that they wouldn't have been able to move on and sacrificed Chiaki if Ghundam had simply suicided like Sakura did in DR 1.

[spoiler=Danganronpa 2 ch4]I hadn't thought about that underlined part actually, but it does make a lot of sense. Some of the other stuff I got already, because yes, Gundham is saying it himself at the end of the trial - or implying it in his own way. And I also got that Nekomaru and Gundham were both in on it.

Edited by Harlequin

Cartagra and Guilty Crown Lost Christmas

I've been eager to read Cartagra for a while but buts. It has visuals, good BGM and whatever it talks about it usually does in a fairly distinguished manner but true end aside* kind of manages to border on mediocrity with unyelding perseverance. Felt like the popularized version of a good vn.

I might fathom the reasons (could have been a user-friendly start to draw people in) and looking at the results I could just drop the subject but any way you look at it I was expecting a little more. If anything the writer, Iida Kazuhiko, is the guy who wrote Quartett!, which I liked until the story of the chinese girl. To be fair he was also one of Period's writers, and that thing as a story is a mess but I never bothered to find out who wrote what.

* might have been a little harsh here, Hatsune's end and Kazuna normal end were at least fine. Actually I'm not even sure how to feel about the true end since it's interesting but with Nana über alles goes overboard.

That aside Shugo is my new hero

"Omg a fatso is doing the two loli *click*

I'm shocked I don't even *click*

Oh no my hyper weapon is awakening

Oh crap *click*

I'm reaching a light orgasm *click*

Oh crap this isn't light *click*

It won't stop

The imperial juice won't stop *click*

Oh it stopped

Now let's go getting killed *click*"

"Hatsune, aren't you too young to take in customers? *click*

I was the one asking but I have to repay my debt and...

I want at least for my first time to be with the man I love *click* (:3)

Her body still looks somewhat immature but if that's how is it I'll make her love

(5 lines later) Oh my I'm glad I'm fucking her, this pussy is amazing *click*"

And so on asd

And now to Guilty Crown Lost Christmas

I had the misfortune of laying these eyes of mine on the anime series and I still consider it to be one of the worst anime to date, despite being great production-wise. I watched Lost Christmas OVA too but it was very short and just a big commercial for the vn anyway.

The anime tried to squeeze in heavy themes and I really wish it didn't; until I read the youtube-based translation of the vn I also wished I could forget about the brand altogether.

But Lost Christmas, despite being a short reading (about 3 hours listening voiced lines to the end) managed to do what the main series didn't. It isn't only heavier, the way it treats the subject is pretty good, though I guess I should say it "uses" it well and not only because of the catchphrase ("use me").

It is mostly fights paired with top notch art but

that ending is not just some sort of good idea to close it, the hints are there since the beginning and while I guessed right, it managed to surprise me anyway. I guess my low esteem of the brand was useful (I can swear I thought something like "as if... if it was like that it would kick asses for real, can't be"... this and because of Past, since Carol clearly isn't pregnat and Scrooge was drawing Voids like there was no tomorrow... well, in the end she wasn't). I just don't understand why they were using her in the experiment, she can't have children and they knew it.

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

Finished Cartagra since I've been anticipated Innocent Grey's titles for a long time after I read KnS...

Mostly satisfied with the story. Good BGMs. Good CGs and all... I'm pretty sure the posts before me kinda sums it all up already...

But there's something been bothering my mind throughout my read...

[spoiler=That Takoyaki Old Man]Takoyaki Old Man.jpg

I mean, who the fuck is this guy, seriously?!!!

My first guess was he's Shigusa Tokiko's missing father but when Arishima told Shugo he killed Michio (Tokiko's father) a long time ago and...

Welp... there goes my assumptions...

On another note, I really like this guy's personality...

Edited by lucifer193