What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels kind of weird coming in here having just finished Grisaia, enjoying Yumiko's route as much as I did, and finding myself in so small a minority, but such is life. Maybe had something to do with me taking the routes in flag order, and having had a break between the first and the remainder, but Makina's left much less of an impression on me than the others did. She kind of drove me nuts through the common route, and it made it harder for me to get engrossed in the storyline, though I did find the good ending satisfying enough. I think it also helped that I expected to like Amane and Yumiko's routes the most going into it (though I was certainly not expecting the wham episode I got with Amane.) I wasn't expecting to warm to Michiru as much as I did, though. The feels came out of freaking nowhere with her. Grisaia's one of my favorite VNs, now, somewhere in the top 10 though I'm not entirely sure where it'd land if push came to shove, and the wait for Meikyuu and Rakuen is going to drive me nuts.

I also finished Eroge just prior to Grisaia (mood whiplash, much?), and it's one of the better characterized nukige I've seen. Not too many of those end up on my "good eroge" list, but that one did. Mainly because while I'm sure it has nothing to do with the actual experience of working for such a company, it was fun to see a highly stylized version of the process, and the characters appealed, even if several of the scenes did not.

Debating whether to go back to Yumina the Ethereal, now, or to save that for later and pick up something completely new. (Or, for that matter, to finish MGQ2 and 3.)

Koihime Musou

Dropped this a while back, and was just lying there on my desktop, since i wanted to finnish it and many other unfinnished vn this year, went ahead with it.

What can i say i was not expecting to get so easily glued to this game, this has not happened to me since Sengoku Rance, and i spent more than 8 hours a day with it ^ ^

The game has a lot to it, a lot of characters, a lot of cg's to collect and the "gameplay" is not bad, it's not too complex and toward the end gets a little in the way of story and/or repetitive, the artwork has a nice feel to it, the story is not bad(still need to finnish one more route for the harem ending).

Overall a good visual novel, and i can see myself playing more of it.

Well, that was certainly a VN that happened. Saw Touma Kojirou's Detective File sitting there, thought "Hey, I like musicals, and this involves Phantom of the Opera! Sounds like fun," DLed it, and... I so wish I could write eroge, so I could fix this one. There was so much promise here if they tried to make a proper mystery out of it, but alas. It had its enjoyable moments, but it felt less like a story and more like a contest to see how little plot they could cram in between scenes.

It did kind of reset my clock, though, so I feel a bit better equipped to tackle a properly story-heavy VN now. I find my momentum slows pretty badly if I go from one deep VN to another without a quick palate cleanser, so this did end up fitting the bill in that regard, at least.

Well, that was certainly a VN that happened. Saw Touma Kojirou's Detective File sitting there, thought "Hey, I like musicals, and this involves Phantom of the Opera! Sounds like fun," DLed it, and... I so wish I could write eroge, so I could fix this one. There was so much promise here if they tried to make a proper mystery out of it, but alas. It had its enjoyable moments, but it felt less like a story and more like a contest to see how little plot they could cram in between scenes.

It did kind of reset my clock, though, so I feel a bit better equipped to tackle a properly story-heavy VN now. I find my momentum slows pretty badly if I go from one deep VN to another without a quick palate cleanser, so this did end up fitting the bill in that regard, at least.

Its a nukige, what where you expecting.

Finished Rance 4...

Now I feel satisfied when knowing that I had gone through almost all of the translated Rance series...(Well...I just wait till somebody translates Rance 1 remake...)

But seriously...

Alicesoft made a good choice in naming their characters in this game...Especially that "Bitch".

Finished Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru....

Well alot of people said it would be hit or miss and I have to say it was a miss for me. I know the concept of Tsundere and all but at some point some of the things they were saying in that were just plain mean, bitchy, and rude. I mean the premise of being like that is fact that most tsunderes know when they are being hurtful. If it were me, I would have cursed them all out and told them to stay away from me until they could learn some manners or would have moved out just to get away from them except Onigase. I have to say of the characters, she actually wasn't that bad. In fact, her route was best to me. I mean I know they had some problems in their lives but just because they did doesn't mean they have to make the person who actually cares have a worse ones.

Demon Master Chris.

Better combat system than Raidy, nicely balanced RPG, pretty damn fun. It gets tedious on long play throughs because of how repetitive it is, but it's great in short bursts. Considering it was made by one person, it's an impressive piece of work.

Though I should of been going through Koihime I somehow end up finishing 3 other VNs and euphoria was the latest... and let me tell you, that game is trippy as all hell. The true end really makes the game disappointing overall though.

Just finished all the routes in Canvas 2 that I'm going to read. I dunno, it wasn't anything special, but it was exactly what I was in the mood for. I need to round my palette out some more with these "average" VNs.