Studios Ruining/screwing up Animes

yes...so tday ep 59 of beelzebub came out, one more ep to go before it finishes...pierot cud not have made a better job at SCREWING

beelzebub...

the badass beelzebub has been turned into a baby anime watched by girls..(WTF??)

most bad ass characters have been turned into filler shit afro dudes with no other existance other than being hit by oga...

this same process(screwing up tat is) has been done to ao no exorcist and deadman wonderland....(add 100 other anime here)

so waz ur opinion guys/girls/fags/bi/random guys?????

Oh I totally agree. Be it from Light Novel, Manga, or VN, when the producers get their hands on a story to make it into an anime they tend to butcher it completely.

Now there are some exceptions, like with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that actually follows the manga faithfully. So there's still hope, it's just very very slim. My current prayers are for Sankarea. I really hope they don't ruin that one.

Oh I totally agree. Be it from Light Novel, Manga, or VN, when the producers get their hands on a story to make it into an anime they tend to butcher it completely.

Now there are some exceptions, like with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that actually follows the manga faithfully. So there's still hope, it's just very very slim. My current prayers are for Sankarea. I really hope they don't ruin that one.

Studio Deen is doing Sankarea, so i guess there is some hope after all.

This is the reason why I always try to get the original work and not some adaption.

Though most times I'd say they do a proper enough job to not screw up everything.

It seldom happens though, that I like an adaption more than the original.

Studio Deen is doing Sankarea, so i guess there is some hope after all.

After Fate/Stay Night and Umineko? Abandon all hope, ye who sees Studio DEEN attached to a project you're looking forward to. They've got shitty animation, they're bad at adapting, and perhaps most damningly they've got shoddy storyboarding. Sankarea doesn't really seem like a thing where the first and last have all that much impact, but they keep taking projects that ARE impacted in those areas.

Studio DEEN is shit. Bones is pretty good, going by FMA and Scrapped Princess. ufotable is the best. I have yet to see anything made by ufotable that is not absolutely beautiful. Even the bonus episode of Kara no Kyoukai which literally consists of two people standing in the snow and talking for 22 minutes (or perhaps more, I don't recall) is visually stunning.

It used to be that I would usually learn about the anime first. Sometimes, when I really liked something and wanted more, I would read the original. Then (in most cases) I would realize the anime (that I thought was great) was terrible. I would think, 'What did they do to this? How could they have turned this work of art into that?' But I do realize that you have to make some sacrifices when adapting something, and there are different limits to what you can do in different forms of media. And given those limitations, I can see that a lot of adaptations are food adaptations, but not as good as the originals.

But I do think Kyoto Animation did the adaptations of Kanon and Clannad in the best way possible. I don't think there is any way they could be any better. I still think the visual novels are better, but the animated version are great, and they were able to get each story into it without making too many compromises or confusing the viewer.

After Fate/Stay Night and Umineko? Abandon all hope, ye who sees Studio DEEN attached to a project you're looking forward to. They've got shitty animation, they're bad at adapting, and perhaps most damningly they've got shoddy storyboarding. Sankarea doesn't really seem like a thing where the first and last have all that much impact, but they keep taking projects that ARE impacted in those areas.

Studio DEEN is shit. Bones is pretty good, going by FMA and Scrapped Princess. ufotable is the best. I have yet to see anything made by ufotable that is not absolutely beautiful. Even the bonus episode of Kara no Kyoukai which literally consists of two people standing in the snow and talking for 22 minutes (or perhaps more, I don't recall) is visually stunning.

I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night or Umineko anime yet, but I liked some of the other older shows that they made. Also I don't think there is any studio that made all crap anime and not a single good one. Example - Studio Deen made Seitokai no Ichizon, which I found to be an awesome anime. Maybe I just watched the few good ones from them, no idea.

Edited by killerinsidee

The Fate anime wasn't as bad as it could have been. They tended to blur the routes together some, but it was far better than say the Tsukihime anime. The latter just seemed to make up crap directly contrary to what was in the visual novel.

I haven't played or watched Umineko so I have no thoughts there however.

When I think of anime butchery, I always think of the horrible filler in the long run shows like Bleach and Naruto, The made up ending for the first FMA, and that horrible lolipop the dubbed One Piece was given. Certain things over the years that just make me rage and see red.

Who the hell whatches dubbed anime nowadays anyway? (besides kids who don't know how to download the subbed ones).

Back in the days' 4kids fucked up One Piece big time.

I used to watch the old Toonami and other dubbed shows on Cartoon Network 8-9 years ago. I didn't have much internet at the time, so I couldn't get much exposure to any sort of anime otherwise. It sucked horribly, but it was better than nothing. Once I had decent access again, I dropped those dub things like hot irons. Hence how I found out how bad the changes were.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate the one who did Air Gear! pissed me so much, and the one who did Hyakka Ryouran, Kore wa Zombie desu ka, and darn i dislike the company which tends to shorten the plot and makes the story annoying, at some parts they are good, but man.. they could've done better!

• 3 weeks later...
Ugh, Funimation has bought rights to Sankarea... >.

It doesn't even matter, since I just get the fansubs anyways and subs are way better then dubs (personal opinion - I don't want to start a fight).

subs are way better then dubs (personal opinion - I don't want to start a fight).

So true. Only japanese voices fits to japanese figures. - I've no problems with starting a fight.

And lolis are better than subs. That's not opinion, that's fact ^^

How can you compare lolis with subs anyway?

And lolis are better than subs. That's not opinion, that's fact ^^

Well I can't argue with fact. Also I just read your disclaimer. It was quite amusing.

So true. Only japanese voices fits to japanese figures.

And there's so much in the way they speak that doesn't translate to other languages. Things like which pronouns they use, how they refer to each other, and how formally they speak make a big difference.

Edited by Dan.
And there's so much in the way they speak that doesn't translate to other languages. Things like which pronouns they use, how they refer to each other, and how formally they speak make a big difference.

Not to mention the fact how much emotion they put in their speaking, even at mediocre series.

I often get the feeling when watching "professional" german dubs by happenstance, that they asked the poorest and most boring voiced people on the street,

if they'd have some hour or so, to quickly dub an anime series -__-

Edited by Maxar
Not to mention the fact how much emotion they put in their speaking, even at mediocre series.

I often get the feeling when watching "professional" german dubs by happenstance, that they asked the poorest and most boring voiced people on the street,

if they'd have some hour or so, to quickly dub an anime series -__-

It's the same with English dubs a lot of the time too.