Hoshizora no Memoria problems

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind about this.

OP movie Is not the problem the problem is when this line text comes:

"After I unpack the new textbook from my bag, the female student sitting beside me immediately starts up a conversation"

(click/Enter) and i got this ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

please help me to fix this problem or at least some1 played this upload save data(memoria.hcb)

Help me please i reupload the image : hoshizora problem.jpg

Help me please i reupload the image : [ATTACH=CONFIG]4399[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure what the problem is. Only thing I can suggest is to uninstall and redownload the files and reinstall it, following the first 8 steps outlined in the first post.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Only thing I can suggest is to uninstall and redownload the files and reinstall it, following the first 8 steps outlined in the first post.

desi..i believe nobody bother to read the first page nowdays...

though i seem never to have problems with my game..

but i think his problem might due to corrupted patch~

Help me please i reupload the image : [ATTACH=CONFIG]4399[/ATTACH]

that is certainly be a problem with your data, it says "Error while processing data" and I think it's error from the patch.

re-download is an option

that is certainly be a problem with your data, it says "Error while processing data" and I think it's error from the patch.

re-download is an option

I tried to redownload te patch. Still same error

If i have a save before the error will it work ?

I've got the same error as Ghost11996. I get that on the scene right when protag is entering the classroom and is about to introduce himself. has anybody gotten around this problem? If I have to clean reinstall, should it be the game or the patch?

My config was:

Downloaded game from torrent at erogedownload

Installed Game

Installed Game Patch

Installed 1.2 English

I followed the guide posted on this thread's first post basically.

What do?

I've got the same error as Ghost11996. I get that on the scene right when protag is entering the classroom and is about to introduce himself. has anybody gotten around this problem? If I have to clean reinstall, should it be the game or the patch?

My config was:

Installed Game

Installed Game Patch

Installed 1.2 English

What do?

hmmm you even install the subs??

hmmm you even install the subs??

Don't post random stuff :/

Nevermind about this.

OP movie Is not the problem the problem is when this line text comes:

"After I unpack the new textbook from my bag, the female student sitting beside me immediately starts up a conversation"

(click/Enter) and i got this ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

please help me to fix this problem or at least some1 played this upload save data(memoria.hcb)

My config was:

Installed Game

Installed Game Patch

Installed 1.2 English

What do?

What I would suggest you do first is - uninstall the game, delete all the leftover folders from it (in Program Files and Documents, also backup your saves if you want) and do a clean re-install of the game, install the official update 1.1, but DON'T install any English patches. Play the game in Japanese and get to that same point where you're getting the error (you can skip through the text fast by holding CTRL). See if the error still shows up in the original (not translated) version. Also try running the game as Administrator, 1 guy's problem was solved by doing that, but it's a long shot really. Let me know how it went.

Also - Info on the OP movie error can be found in the first post, Issue #4.

Edited by killerinsidee

What I would suggest you do first is - uninstall the game, delete all the leftover folders from it (in Program Files and Documents, also backup your saves if you want) and do a clean re-install of the game, install the official update 1.1, but DON'T install any English patches. Play the game in Japanese and get to that same point where you're getting the error (you can skip through the text fast by holding CTRL). See if the error still shows up in the original (not translated) version. Also try running the game as Administrator, 1 guy's problem was solved by doing that, but it's a long shot really. Let me know how it went.

Also - Info on the OP movie error can be found in the first post, Issue #4.

If he installs the 1.1 English patch then wouldn't he have to delete his save folder rather than back them up? He said he was using the 1.2 English patch, and as far as I am aware it screws up certain features of the VN if you install a different one with the same save folder.

If he installs the 1.1 English patch then wouldn't he have to delete his save folder rather than back them up? He said he was using the 1.2 English patch, and as far as I am aware it screws up certain features of the VN if you install a different one with the same save folder.

i did the same but i got no problems of any kind~

I specifically said " install the official update 1.1, but DON'T install any English patches ", I also wrote that he should delete all of the folders and IF he wants, he can backup the save files - optional. And yes, he is using 1.2 version so they won't break the game. Unless he makes a backup of the saves, he'll need to re-do all the in-game setting again.

I specifically said " install the official update 1.1, but DON'T install any English patches ", I also wrote that he should delete all of the folders and IF he wants, he can backup the save files - optional. And yes, he is using 1.2 version so they won't break the game. Unless he makes a backup of the saves, he'll need to re-do all the in-game setting again.

killer my friend..they dont understand what is the bugfix patch english patch~

I'm having some issues. I've tried every possible solution I can find and did quite a bit of troubleshooting.

I actually got the game to work in linux via WINE but apparently WINE isn't able to use any of the character CG's in the game without crashing horribly.

I formatted a hard-drive, popped it in my laptop, installed xp on it (just for this game), set up all the region/locale/language stuff, and then installed the VN according to the directions in your original post. First I was missing a directx .dll file, and so I just updated my directx (to 9.0c).

That's when I started getting this error instead (imgur: the simple image sharer).

After trying a million different directx-related things and even running the dxsetup that was included on my hoshizora no memoria disc, I've come to the conclusion that some larger inexplicable force beyond my understanding has arbitrarily decided that I'm not meant to play this game.

I've decided to dispute this arbitrary force by asking if you guys have any idea how I can fix this problem.

I'm having some issues. I've tried every possible solution I can find and did quite a bit of troubleshooting.

I actually got the game to work in linux via WINE but apparently WINE isn't able to use any of the character CG's in the game without crashing horribly.

I formatted a hard-drive, popped it in my laptop, installed xp on it (just for this game), set up all the region/locale/language stuff, and then installed the VN according to the directions in your original post. First I was missing a directx .dll file, and so I just updated my directx (to 9.0c).

That's when I started getting this error instead (imgur: the simple image sharer).

After trying a million different directx-related things and even running the dxsetup that was included on my hoshizora no memoria disc, I've come to the conclusion that some larger inexplicable force beyond my understanding has arbitrarily decided that I'm not meant to play this game.

I've decided to dispute this arbitrary force by asking if you guys have any idea how I can fix this problem.

go and download DirectX3D,,

Try updating your video card driver.

Edited by killerinsidee

After all the things I tried to fix, the answer was so obvious and I didn't even think of it...

I just needed to reinstall/update my video drivers.

In my rush to get this game running, I forgot that a complete reformat would leave my operating system completely driverless.

Many thanks, killerinsidee.

Side note to ultimecea, Direct3D is a part of the DirectX package, and is included with (among many other versions of DirectX) DirectX9.0c.

DirectX9.0c is also the most current DirectX that can be run on systems preceding Vista (meaning XP or Windows 2000). In addition, the official system requirements (which IIRC are in the readme.txt inside the game's folder) state that you need Windows 2000, XP, or Vista to run the game, as well as DirectX 9.0c or higher.

Re-reading my post, I sound a bit dickish. Oh well.

Thanks guys!

After all the things I tried to fix, the answer was so obvious and I didn't even think of it...

I just needed to reinstall/update my video drivers.

In my rush to get this game running, I forgot that a complete reformat would leave my operating system completely driverless.

Many thanks, killerinsidee.

Side note to ultimecea, Direct3D is a part of the DirectX package, and is included with (among many other versions of DirectX) DirectX9.0c.

DirectX9.0c is also the most current DirectX that can be run on systems preceding Vista (meaning XP or Windows 2000). In addition, the official system requirements (which IIRC are in the readme.txt inside the game's folder) state that you need Windows 2000, XP, or Vista to run the game, as well as DirectX 9.0c or higher.

Re-reading my post, I sound a bit dickish. Oh well.

Thanks guys!

well there's the old directX 9 and direct 3D 9 now..

anyway..i dont care if my coment are weird..

just trying to help because i never have problems..

Hey there I have done exactly what u said and tried both variants but everytime I start the game the black window pops up and I get this error message:

C:\users\"myname"\Documents/FAVORITE/???????/save/s901.bin....after that there are like 10 weird signs

any ideas what is causing the problem? I reinstalled the game several times and no matter what I do everytime I get the error from above

any help would be appreciated :)

I am having the same problems I installed the game using Japanese locale and tried running it using app locale and nothing changes

I am having the same problems I installed the game using Japanese locale and tried running it using app locale and nothing changes

If your system is in Japanese locale already there's no point in using AppLocale. I don't know if you only installed the game in Japanese locale, but you need to keep your system in it to be able to play the game properly.

Edited by killerinsidee
If your system is in Japanese locale already there's no point in using AppLocale. I don't know if you only installed the game in Japanese locale, but you need to keep your system in it to be able to play the game properly.

I played the game in Japanese locale, and still had no luck