Hoshizora no Memoria problems

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, i've try run it as admin..

but still it won't work...

HWAAA.....!!!

wait before i forget anything else..you did apply the 1.o bugfix, 1.2 translations patch, installed the staircase fonts all before playing the game right??

wait before i forget anything else..you did apply the 1.o bugfix, 1.2 translations patch, installed the staircase fonts all before playing the game right??

yap... i do it,,

but now, i try to re-install and play it without patch...

and it still error..XwX

i think the problem is in my laptop...

yap... i do it,,

but now, i try to re-install and play it without patch...

and it still error..XwX

i think the problem is in my laptop...

hmmm..apply the latest direct x and media codecs that you can find..

im sure you wont have problems with flash since its auto updated..

myb..do you want my exe??

whaa,,,

if you don't mind...

hhehehe....

thanks.....

Can you go to your Documents and see if you have a folder called "FAVORITE\星空のメモリア" ? See if it's empty or there are some files in it. Also check if you have a folder here - "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria" and see if anything is there.

Where did you install the game to (Program Files or some other folder (like c:\games\...) ?

And lastly, do you have any strange letters in your Windows username (example - ú, é, ü) ?

Edit: Install these as well (2005 and 2008) - https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-tech-support/475-hoshizora-no-memoria-problems-29/#post23505. Be sure to install the correct ones, if you have a 64-bit Windows - install x64. Otherwise install x86 for a 32-bit Windows.

Also the 2010 (just in case) - 32-bit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 or the 64-bit version - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Edited by killerinsidee
Can you go to your Documents and see if you have a folder called "FAVORITE\星空のメモリア" ? See if it's empty or there are some files in it. Also check if you have a folder here - "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CROSSNET\Memoria" and see if anything is there.

Where did you install the game to (Program Files or some other folder (like c:\games\...) ?

And lastly, do you have any strange letters in your Windows username (example - ú, é, ü) ?

Edit: Install these as well (2005 and 2008) - https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-tech-support/475-hoshizora-no-memoria-problems-29/#post23505. Be sure to install the correct ones, if you have a 64-bit Windows - install x64. Otherwise install x86 for a 32-bit Windows.

Also the 2010 (just in case) - 32-bit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 or the 64-bit version - Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

killer..he should be in jap locale since that runtime error notification is in jap..

Also the 2010 (just in case) - 32-bit Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details or the 64-bit version - Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

thanks for help me killer,,

ya, i'll try to download it,,

just extra and replace the files into hoshimemo folder..

should able to get it run if your exe are corrupted/faulty on first place

HoshizoraNoMemoria.rar

sorry Ultime, it won't work..

i don't know why, but it's still error...

btw, thanks for try to help me^^

and nice to meet you all..

thanks for help me killer,,

ya, i'll try to download it,,

sorry Ultime, it won't work..

i don't know why, but it's still error...

btw, thanks for try to help me^^

and nice to meet you all..

lolz..sorry then..try do what killer says...though its hardly be the case since its a different runtime error..

hopefully someone here able to help you~~

Hi. I just downloaded this game and followed all of the instructions on the first page. I applied all the patches, installation was fine. Problem is when I start the game. The screen itself is black (much like how problem 4 describes). Music is playing after i launch the game, but again the screen is just black and it won't even let me close it. If this matters at all I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.

Here's a screenshot, not sure if this helps or not. http://i.imgur.com/krYca.png

If anybody could help me that would be wonderful and I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks.

Hi. I just downloaded this game and followed all of the instructions on the first page. I applied all the patches, installation was fine. Problem is when I start the game. The screen itself is black (much like how problem 4 describes). Music is playing after i launch the game, but again the screen is just black and it won't even let me close it. If this matters at all I'm running on Windows 7 64bit.

Here's a screenshot, not sure if this helps or not. http://i.imgur.com/krYca.png

If anybody could help me that would be wonderful and I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks.

Do you get the same error with the unpatched (original) game ?

Try messing around with the compatibility options, run as Administrator, also update your graphics drivers (in case you're using some old version or something).

Do you get the same error with the unpatched (original) game ?

Try messing around with the compatibility options, run as Administrator, also update your graphics drivers (in case you're using some old version or something).

I believe it still had this error with the original, unpatched game. I'll try messing around with some stuff. Any other ideas? Thanks for the fast response!

before anything..delete that graph_vis folder..it contains Mare dolphin thing...then try update your direct x and media codes..thats mostly what went wrong when you get blackscreen though something is still running..

btw...im going off topics but can you say wat is your last read Vn?? might give a clue for what kind of plugins you have (not necessary accurate but its an option~~)

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5356[/ATTACH]

I got that problem.Please tell me how to fix it

If you get this error, the bug fix isn't applied or it wasn't applied in the correct way. Follow the first 8 steps in the first post.

Anoo..could someone please help me with this problem?

I always get this problem even though I have re-installed it 4 timesT^T

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5391[/ATTACH] ---> [ATTACH=CONFIG]5390[/ATTACH]

Please help me>

your game is corrupted, try to redownload it

I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched the thread but didn't find anything. I have the game patched with 1.2 but it's cutting off really long sentences. I have to look in the log in order to see the full conversation. Is there a way around this?

I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched the thread but didn't find anything. I have the game patched with 1.2 but it's cutting off really long sentences. I have to look in the log in order to see the full conversation. Is there a way around this?

You need to change the font in the menu of the game, but you should use the font staircase subs provides you. For how to do this, do as killer said in point 7

Hoshizora problem-free installation guide

--------------------------------------------

7. Install the font & delete the dolphins - While you're still in the folder, you should see a file called Staircase Subs Custom.ttf (If you copied the 1.2 patch), right click on it and click Install, that will install the font you need. Note that installing the font on WinXP is slightly different, font install instructions for XP can be found Here. Also in the game folder you will see a folder called graph_vis (NOT the .bin file), delete it so you don't get any censorship while playing. Note: If you're using Win7 64 or Vista, check if you have a folder - "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\CROSSNET\Memoria." and delete the graph_vis folder from it if it's there.

This is a known issue that can't be fixed....the translator decided not to fix this issue. Pretty much just have to deal with it.

EDIT: @Otamegane, it happens with their font as well... there is no workaround.