What kind of ending do you prefer?

Are you gay? No wait, what was it again? Ah yeah, what kind of ending do you prefer?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gay? No wait, what was it again? Ah yeah, what kind of ending do you prefer?

• Happy Ending.
    • Sad/Dark Ending.
    • Like I would care.

What the fuck? OneManArmy's starting a thread? Can one take this even serious? Yes you can...no...yes WE cum can~!

I believe it's not that hard to guess what I want to talk about. I'm interested which ending you guys like the most, preferable with a short explanation. So let me start then. I personally prefer dark endings. Why? I prefer dark stories over good ones so that's probably the main reason. I also read so many happy endings that I'm seriously sick of them. And they lived happily ever after, fuck this. How can you be sure about that? They may break up the next month or even die because of some shit. I like bitter sweet happy endings (are they called like this?) though. My ideal ending would be a dark one, where the future of the main characters doesn't look that good. And I don't want to have an over-described ending, let me have some room for imagination please. Oh and I'm sometimes annoyed by those "10 years later" endings, some of them are just too fuckin dumb. So yeah, it's really rare for me to enjoy happy endings but it's not impossible.

So yeah that's MY opinion, you're free to tag along or hate me.

Edited by OneManArmy
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to like the "happily ever after" endings before when i was starting out with eroge and I avoided any depressing stuff. Lately I got sick of these "everything is perfect" endings. Though I don't really mind any ending if it feels complete and it doesn't leave you hanging i.e. if the true ending is on a fucking fandisk(which is not translated) or any crap like that.

I prefer endings where it goes "It was all just a dream" .... /sarcasm

It's hard to describe the ending I want since it depends on the story, but as long as everything is concluded I'm satisfied.

Really? I played osadai and I can't remember that the story wasn't finished. Well it's probably just me getting old.

I played the Ell route on the fandisk with a machine translation, it's not finished :p

Didn't try the Irina route, but her end on the original game is kinda open ended.

Edited by killerinsidee

I, in general, remember the sad ending for a very long time, examples include F/sn Fate route end, Clannad after story (first play through) end.

Thus they have a stronger and longer lasting emotional impact. Happy ending are easier on the nerves but you don;t really remember them (unless they are confusing as hell I.E. the endings in Kanon)

I voted for sad/dark endings, but i'm actually ok with happy endings as long as the game makes you feel like you actually had to work hard to get it.

When a happy ending comes out of nowhere i just feel like "Meh"

I'd like to cite some examples but there's no spoiler tags and i'm too lazy to use white text.

On second thought, i'm gonna do it anyway.

Sad endings i liked: Muv-Luv Alternative and Cross†Channel.

Happy endings i liked: Little Busters! Refrain and Ever 17 Coco's route.

Edited by SirHenry
Who changed the poll title... i spat all over my screen :(

I used to like happy endings but as I matured, I realized that most happy endings just suck... especially the ones with no sacrifice whatsoever and everything works out in the end...there should be some type of sacrifice. I guess I like bittersweet endings.

i have to agree desi, the happy ending are nice and all, but they don't happen in real life. The sad or bittersweet endings are the ones you remember.

I guess i do have to admit that happy ending are nice everyonce and a while.

I agree abt the happy ending, it feel nice to have em in general story. However the ending that will be most memorable will be bitter sweat/sad/horror ending

But in the end i prefer happy ending a bit more

Edited by Exsilon
Endings where the heroine(s) are with the protag ( I would prefer preg or with children endings)

Sounds to me like a happy ending. I personally can't stand suck endings because sometimes the child looks just too fuckin bad.

It's like : I made you happy and that's my reward? This little piece of shit? No thanks, let's break up.